16 15.24%
  • Mediocore

8 7.62%
  • Wack

5 4.76%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Ghostface Killah - The Big Doe Rehab

Banned

this album grows on you for sure. it's way better than I remembered. and the Latin-influenced skits actually work well and get you hyped up for what's about to come next

Crackheads Beware !!!! GHOSTTOAST's Avatar

Here's my take on it ... I think this album is Ghost's worst one to date ! The beats were not inspiring this time around to simply put it ! It felt like the beats on this album were not exclusive as opposed to his past albums beats that sounded like they were tailor made for Ghost . The theme was drugs once again but he failed to innovate or step his concepts up any from the previous Fishscale album which was also drug heavy in reference ! Lyrically he was hit or miss on most tracks mainly on " I'll Die For You " where his first two verses were ok but on the third he ruins the flow of the song by spittin amateur bars about fake niggas ! Things like that can also be heard on " Yapp City " where he is overly aggressive ," Paisley Darts " where he spits a bullshit gibberish verse and not even the gibberish we all loved about him , this gibberish is borderline corny and also funny cause you can tell he thought he was killin it with all those letter B references ! His theodore unit cronies neither brings nor take away anything on the featured tracks ! Something still pleasant i noticed though was the chemistry between certain Wu members was still on point like on " Yolanda's House " when Method Man smoothly compliments one of the few on point Ghost verses on here ! Also the back n fourth combo from Rae and Ghost on " Shakey Dog Starring lolita " while may not resemble there past collabs is still definately a reassurance to the fans who doubted there skills post their golden era ! All in all this album was surely not needed in Ghost's catalogue but luckily his past work speaks for itself that missteps like these can be forgiven and forgotten about !
    "Who shot tha duck out tha window" !!!!..Ghostface Killah

context is everything. coming off the relative success of fishscale, ghost felt like he had more material in that vein to deliver so why not. BDR acts as a kind of bookend to that FS-MF-BDR series which span less than 2 years (especially with wiz being such a stark departure from those albums). so if you look at it like that then it's easier to forgive it for its lack of innovation.

more akbar

Huggah - what you prefer BDR or 8D?

Why am I asking? I guess coz you are undoubedly a big Ghost fan and I have seen you highlight BDR had a lack of innovation a couple of times - whilst some folks thought 8D maybe had too much innovation. Cheers

well it's better than wizard of poetry

Ghost is my fav wu mamber, so i can easly find good tracks on any of his albums. ofc this one is far away from classick and ofc there is skipabale tracks on it but it have some realy dope shit... for example 05 Walk Around i can listen to it 24/7, banger. and few others... its not suprime clinetel or ironman but still good. 7/10.

its a good album but at it s core it's just typical ghost lyrics and typical ghost beats. he's managed to make the same album 3 times in a row starting with fishscale, more fish, and now this. And they have gotten progressively worse

defently not better than 8d's, i don't understand how some of you can say that. rza's beats might not be as good as the ones on BDR but at least their original and more creative than the same soul full edited loops ghost has been using for the past 8 years.

Banned

I used to think the covert art and booklet were corny, but they're actually nice. this looks like a big daddy kane album. it's pretty versatile with the beats, and the skits even work well