Thread: What have you been watching lately?

Picked up from the flea market:

^^DVD or VHS?

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    Picked up from the flea market:
    The one on the left is part of movie history. Heston and especially Brynner are great. I haven't seen the other 2.

I recently saw 'Exodus. Gods and kings' on tv. The Pharaoh (the son who becomes ruler) was portrayed really well. The plagues were done well too, Some CGI put to good use there. I have to say I'd forgotten what some of the plagues were so there was still an element of surprise to the movie for me.

From Bible movies I saw as a kid I remember the burning bush scene leaving a great impression on me.

The Last Temptation Of Christ is my biblical movie pick. It actually makes it into a philosophical story rather than the superhero tale you see elsewhere.

Last night I watched Stardust Memories. I'm usually a fan of Woody Allen's films but this was not his finest hour. It's like all the worst cliches of Woody Allen in one film: Fellini references, love triangles, masturbatory tripe about fame and the meaning of life... The one joke that's actually funny is the aliens visiting him and telling him they like his movies "particularly the early, funny ones". At least the guy has some self awareness.

I remember seeing Woody Allen's 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' in a movie theater with a co-worker. We'd gone out on what I thought were 2 semi dates (a dinner and a night out on the town). The movie got me so hot and bothered - it's a pretty sexy movie - I put my arm around my colleague during the movie but eh ... I'd read the signs wrong lol. TOTAL EFFIN CATASTROPHY hahaha. Unfortunately this is now always the first memory that pops up when somebody mentions Woody Allen. Good movie though! I haven't seen Stardust Memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I remember seeing Woody Allen's 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' in a movie theater with a co-worker. We'd gone out on what I thought were 2 semi dates (a dinner and a night out on the town). The movie got me so hot and bothered - it's a pretty sexy movie - I put my arm around my colleague during the movie but eh ... I'd read the signs wrong lol. TOTAL EFFIN CATASTROPHY hahaha. Unfortunately this is now always the first memory that pops up when somebody mentions Woody Allen. Good movie though! I haven't seen Stardust Memories.
    Haha, all you can do is play it off like it's no big deal. I've had to do that with a few coworkers over the years who weren't as interested as I was, or that I had a one night stand with. Just pretend it never happened.

Yeah he's generally pretty dependable. Match Point was an even better film he did with Scarlett, probably his darkest film.

Woody Allen is a pedophile. Why do guys like him continue to get a free pass?

Woody Allen Isn’t an Artist – He’s a Pedophile
    http://fairfieldmirror.com/opinion/c...hes-pedophile/

His defenders?

On Feb. 9, New York Times columnist Bret Stephens published a defense of Woody Allen alleging that Farrow is at best delusional and at worst lying. According to Jezebel, Farrow responded by tweeting, “To presume I invented this story & convinced myself of it is no less insulting than calling me a liar. I’ve consistently stated the truth for 25 years, I won’t stop now. It’s Stephens’ right to doubt me if he so chooses but his incredulity doesn’t change what happened that day.”
    This is exactly what Hillary Clinton said about Kathy Shelton. She was raped by Thomas Alfred Taylor when she was only 12. He was 41. Hillary Clinton defended the rapist and accused Kathy Shelton of "fantasizing" the rape. Then half the country wanted Hillary to be president even though she defends rapists (including her husband) and helps them beat charges.

Fuck Woody Allen and his movies. He should have his dick cut off and shoved down his throat and be burned alive.

Filmmaker and accused pedophile Woody Allen visited Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘House of Horrors‘ in 2010 – two years after he was convicted for having sex with a child.
    https://newspunch.com/picture-shows-...se-of-horrors/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDXZvooCd6Q

Yeah he's a pedo.

I don't wanna hear about Hillary Clinton in the movie section.

I don't wanna hear about politics in Wu Chamber.

I don't wanna hear about politics in the hiphop section.

3%, dystopian Portuguese-Brazilian scifi show on Netflix. Looks promising so far.

^ Haha, that figures.

From the information that's out there I find it hard to believe that he's guilty of anything, no part of the accusation rings true, that includes whatever Sense A posted. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's in his 80s now, we'll never get confirmation either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Yeah he's a pedo.

I don't wanna hear about Hillary Clinton in the movie section.

I don't wanna hear about politics in Wu Chamber.

I don't wanna hear about politics in the hiphop section.
    This

+

Sorry about the Co-Worker Hal

You all remind me of the phonies who pretended R Kelly wasn't fucking underage girls for 20 fucking years.

Someone beat up R Kelly in his jail cell a month ago so perhaps we are beginning to get justice.

This from the people who stopped listening to Kanye West because he put a red hat on. But pedophilia is okay as long as you like the movie.

The ABBOTT

Shermans showcase. On IFC, its need a second season. Here are a couple clips from season one.

i had watched possibly one of the best super hero movies. it was masters of the universe with dolph lundgreen. it made me miss the times when just every super hero movie had a big breasted or big butted heroine. today we are stuck with man hating trannies such as brie larson and zendaya.

Weirdly I've never seen that movie even though I must have seen most if not all of the episodes of the original animated show.

I'm not up to speed with Brie Larson and Zendaya's views on men. I enjiy their acting and they are both attractive. Zendaya is too young to be on my radar but I've got to say I find Brie Larson extremely magnetizing.

The first Larson movie I saw was 'Room', a tour de force of acting (the same goes for the child actor). She does not wear any make up in that movie as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-01-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    Retired.