Thread: What have you been watching lately?

^^New to me.

"Bull" w/ NCIS' Michael Weatherly. Nothing special but an easy watch.
    Retired.

{>____<}

Anyone see that new Spidey?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I was gonna go see spidey and matrix with a buddy during the xmas holidays but they just closed the movie theaters again, until Jan 25

started watching handmaids tale 4 but I have to watch in really small portions. first ep was a banger
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Yellowjackets. A high school girls soccer team is flying to a tournament. Plane crashes in Canada wilderness. Survival mode for 19 months. It follows both 1996 and present today in covering story. A showtime series.

The ABBOTT

The ABBOTT

^ before it's release it had moderate fanfare. It has gained following from critics and public who have gave it favorable reviews.

I hadn't heard about it. From the looks of it the show could be worth watching. Not in my subscription package unfortunately.

I watched a doumentary on the Everly Brothers, "Harmonies from Heaven". Good stuff! They interviewed the elder brother Don (this was in 2014), had previous interview footage with Phil who'd already passed away, and the married couple who wrote their hits for them - the first full time song writing duo in Nashville. Super interesting! Also interviewed : Keith Richards, Art Garfunkel, Tim Rice etc on how the Everly Brothers influenced them.

Apparently the Everly Brothers dort of saved Warner Bros. When they switched to the newly formed Warner Bros music fivision (for $1 million which was huuuuge back then) Warner was not doing well with movies and soundtracks at all. The Everly Brothers delivered immediately with "Cathy's Clown"

Meanwhile their old record company was still releasing new singles as well so the Everly Brothers were in competition with themselves lol

When they were drafted and afterwards changed management (and their old manager no longer gave them access to th song writing duo NOR could they write their own songs anymore either because they had signed away their song writing to the old manager lol) things fell apart. Crying in the rain by Carole King was their last hit.

The close harmony singing was exolained really well from a musical/technical point if view as were their folk and country music roots.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 01-02-2022 at 02:38 PM.
    Retired.

Copped a 100 song comp on Amazon right after watching the documentary lol, it was that good.

Btw I was surprised to hear that the guhment taxed artists at 90% in the fifties (post war recovery money for the US). Don wasn't too pleased about that ha.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 01-02-2022 at 02:44 PM.
    Retired.

tunefind.com is saving my life watching Cold Case reruns. when I can't place a song it annoys the hell out of me lol
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Everly Bros. Grew up in Shenandoah Iowa. About 70 miles from where I reside. Should look into if there is any historic sites in the area

Matrix 4. It sucked.
    Retired.

The new Lion King. Good watch.

The Great Beauty - Incredible film, highly recommended.

Big Trouble In Little China - Overlooked Carpenter film. Good fun.

Shaolin Master