Thread: What have you been watching lately?

Shaolin Master

If I was looking for a chick with no body, a terrible personality, and hated white men... I would be all on that.

Eclectic day : Paddington 2 & Diary of a teenage girl. About a 15 year old SUPERSLUT in the seventies. The Paddington movie was pretty wild too

Diary of a teenage girl is solid, actually. Bel Powley (lead role) portrays the girl really well. Being a 23 year old she portrayed a 15 year old very convincingly. The female lead on The Deuce (the 'Abby' character) is in the movie too

the drama 'A Bigger Splash' (2015) from Italian director Luca Guadagnino who came up with 'I Am Love' in 2009. Both movies star Tilda Swinton (wearing haute couture on both occasions). 'I Am Love' / 'Io Sono L'Amore' was better but 'A Bigger Splash' was good too. the actors are well cast, what with Dakota Fanning, Ralph Fiennes and Matthias Schoenaerts doing some of the heavy lifting. Fiennes is especially good at annoying both his fellow actors as his audience with his well executed ADHD performance. If you're into exotic locations 'A Bigger Splash' is a great watch too as it was filmed on the island of Pantelleria in the Mediterranean Sea. I'd never heard of the island, well I have to tell you it's a beautiful place. The landscape is elegantly used throughout the movie

too bad these official trailers come off as cheap looking or sentimental when the actual movies are pretty damn good

'Mustang', a Turkish movie (Turkish-German-French production) from 2015. A more realistic version of 'The Virgin Suicides'. Intense movie. Great acting by the 5 women/girls playing the sisters who day by day get more boxed up in their uncle's house

about the domestic terrorist attack on a Norwegian island in 2011. the movie is one take only (not a fake one take like 'Birdman' but a real one). the script was enacted several times and the director then chose the best version

handheld camera only + the lead actress is in just about every second of the movie

the part where the attack is portrayed last as long as the real attack (72 minutes)

both this movie and the one in my previous post are up on YT as pay per view movies

Monty Python's Flying Circus

The show is random AF, some good some bad, I guess that's true of many sketch shows. The films are all amazingly smart.

Chappelle's Show hasn't aged well. Some stuff is funny, other stuff is stereotypical AF. I'd be interested to hear what people think.

shit trailer, great movie

Sasha Lane is a very good lead

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post

shit trailer, great movie

Sasha Lane is a very good lead
    Yeah this is a cool film.

Shaolin Master

The Deuce S3. strong final season

The Enfield Haunting, 2015 British miniseries. Seen 2 out of 3 episodes so far. Pretty good as far as hauntings go! 'Based on true events'. Gonna check out the real story after I watch the ending

Martin - Best of Bruh Man

it was full of sammiches!