Thread: What have you been watching lately?

80s definitely the best era for horror
    Retired.

Law & Order : SVU.

I'm randomly watching seasons because Prime doesn't have all of them on offer right now. There's serious differences in quality and mood between the seasons. The reboot after Meloni left was successful. Before that ... eh things got kitschy and overly dramatic. Good first season after Meloni's departure. Smart plots and down to earth feel.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-18-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    Retired.

How is the new Halloween movie?

It seems like a lot of tv shows based on horror movies have been starting up lately. Chucky, Day of the dead, I know what you did last summer and maybe more?

I'll be checking out I know what you did last summer (show) on Prime soonish and get back to you on that. Watching the whole House MD thing right now though

There's a Chucky show?
    Retired.

Btw check two do you subscribe to Shudder? I hear it's got great horror content. Not available down here, sadly.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Btw check two do you subscribe to Shudder? I hear it's got great horror content. Not available down here, sadly.
    I did a 7 day trial. If they had more content from previous decades it would be worth the price. For instance, they have a great documentary on there, a two parter, that showcases numerous horror movies of the past. But, almost none of them are on the channel.

{>____<}

Justice League - Injustice

Good movie
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

my House marathon (I've made it to season 5 in about 2 weeks' time) has come to a screeching halt due to closing in on my monthly streaming limit

so I'm switching to recorded movies for the remainder of the month mostly. Just saw 'Godzilla, King of the monsters' and I have to say it was pretty kickass. IDK why these reviewers gave out a meagre two stars. it's monsters, LET THEM FIGHT.
    Retired.

{>____<}

^Nice.

I saw Dune at the theater last night. Great film, I can't wait for part 2.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Yes I agree. I hope Villeneuve gets to make pt 2. Since the movie seems to be doing well (enough) at the box office chances are good.

IF the two parter is completed and part 2 draws a crowd too, a franchise would be feasible. There is a wealth of original material (6 books and many many prequels, off shoots and 'in between' books, short story collections) to turn into movies (or tv shows). It's a complete universe, like Star Wars and the MCU.

Some of the prequels in particular are action packed (less philosophical in tone) and would make great summer blockbusters or tv shows.
    Retired.

^ Dune 2 is already greenlit, and Villeneuve said he wants to make at least 3 films.

The Outlaws - Stephen Merchant's new TV show. A mix of comedy and crime thriller with some great lead actors. It works pretty well, very entertaining even when the tone of the show is not consistent.

Den of thieves. Definitely a cut above most other heist movies.
    Retired.

I'm watching Eat Pray Love.

I have now officially grown a vagina.

Thank you, Julia Roberts.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Thinking about watching this. Kinda looks like a cutscene video game though. Anyone else viewed this yet?