Thread: What have you been watching lately?

^ I can imagine. I think it's one of the most frustrating games to lose at, because it's a pretty good measure of intelligence.

I play online sometimes and generally lose, but it's strangely addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I play online sometimes and generally lose, but it's strangely addictive.

Don’t be too worried most of the online chess games a rigged IMO. The more you play the more you start to see, they have pretty much most angles covered, so it’s hard to get an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Don’t be too worried most of the online chess games a rigged IMO. The more you play the more you start to see, they have pretty much most angles covered, so it’s hard to get an advantage.
    That doesn't mean it's rigged, it just means the AI is smarter than you. You can pick the difficulty setting for that anyway. I usually play with random people rather than the AI.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    That doesn't mean it's rigged, it just means the AI is smarter than you. You can pick the difficulty setting for that anyway. I usually play with random people rather than the AI.
    Not necessarily, some games are rigged. I cant speak for Chess, but I do play Hearts online, and like Zooruka mentioned, it is easy to see their pattern. There is an algorithm that basically makes sure you lose randomly regardless of the skill level you possess.

El Chapo. lol I'm on some kind of blow show binge

Emma, after the Jane Austen novel. Very good. First 15 minutes are kind of wtf because of the humour but it grows on you. Although I read quite a bit I was never able to finish a Jane Austen novel (the irony doesn't work for me in book form) so whenever I get a chance to see a movie version I take it.

Usually Jane Austen comes off really well in movie form.
    Retired.

Bumblebee. Finally a Transformers movie with a heart. Some real attention to human-human and human-autobot interaction. The eighties setting is also charming, the soundtrack works wonders and the female 'teen' lead makes me want to be 18 again. Good movie.
    Retired.

Btw Sha I forgot to mention, the actress in Emma is the same as in The Queen's Gambit (which I still haven't watched)
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Rewatching the movie Buffalo 66 with Vince Gallo. Any fan's of this? It has a cult following, overall its a quality film that I would recommend to anyone.

^^Not familiar w/ it. Will peep the trailer.

Just saw Bird Box. Intense. LMAO at the bad reviews this got, I thought it was gripping, so called 'undercooked' climax and all. Strong performances by Bullock, Rhodes and Malkovitch

I see there were comparisons w/ A Quiet Place but I haven't seen that one, although I know what it's about.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

My bad I should have posted a Trailer or clip.

event horizon. it was garbage.

The ABBOTT

I watched event horizon recently also. Someone suggested as a good mindfuck film. I was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    I watched event horizon recently also. Someone suggested as a good mindfuck film. I was disappointed.
    I agree. Event Horizon is so so to solid. the premise is interesting but the movie doesn't follow through. good cast and effects for 1997 but that's about it
    Retired.

^ The studio made the director cut 30-40 minutes of Event Horizon because it was too violent and bloody, then the extra footage was trashed, so there's not even a chance of a director's cut.