Thread: What have you been watching lately?

^^classics 4 sure

you gotta love the internet sometimes. with social media bullshit, echo chambers and what have you, I was 1997 type internet charmed when I came across this site today :

https://www.impdb.org/index.php?title=D.A.R.Y.L.

I was watching the 1985 family scifi movie D.A.R.Y.L. for the first time and wondered what the plane was that was used at the end of the movie

turns out there's a community that tries to identify every aircraft in every (major) movie : the internet movie plane database

awesome

the plane was a Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird btw. iconic plane (?) but IDK anything about planes
    Retired.

The pilot to 'Clarice' was good, it did well in terms of connecting to 'Silence of the lambs' imo. I think I'll watch the whole season.
    Retired.

The Kid Detective. Nice premise.

EDIT jfc this one is pretty damn good. Definitely stick with it even if you find the pace easy going and/or the topic childish. there's various instances of emotional pay off down the road. Great choices in music too.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-08-2021 at 04:28 PM.
    Retired.

Started watching 'The Good Place'. Solid comedy series with an interesting premise.

Good watch! good build of tension through montage trickery, midlong camera viewpoints that create the 'outsider point of view' (like in some horrors) and slow slow trickle of infor about the protagonists. just don't expect too big of a finale

Retired.

Sherlock. Watching all eps (7 seasons) this summer.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Miracle workers. Comedy television series starring Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi. Caught a few episodes, interesting premise.

The ABBOTT

Kevin can fuck himself

Hard to explain this one. So it switches from traditional studio audience sitcom to more modern tv based drams based on the scene. It airs in AMC, stars Annie Murphy. Gets pretty dark at sometime but in a good way.

Boyz N The Hood. Great watch of course. It had been many years. the dementia praecox was kicking in majorly as I swear 15 minutes into the movie I was saying to myself 'how come they haven't introduced O Dog yet?' I wish I were trolling lol. sounds like I need to watch 'Menace II Society' again soonish too
    Retired.

Chernobyl

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    Chernobyl
    Enjoyed it immensely. You too?

I merged both What Have You Been Watching threads now that the forum time out problems seem to be over
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Enjoyed it immensely. You too?

I merged both What Have You Been Watching threads now that the forum time out problems seem to be over
    Yes, great show, scary at times too.

21 Bridges
    Retired.

Bout to peep Wu-Tang: An American Saga s1 in a couple of days. Finally found its way over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    Bout to peep Wu-Tang: An American Saga s1 in a couple of days. Finally found its way over here.
    Good! Still no sign of it down here.

Watching 'Departure' (SF) season one. Starts out good enough. We'll see.
    Retired.