Thread: What have you been watching lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Travelers

^^Netflix scifi show, 2 season. Good plot and acting
    this show was awesome. 3 seasons equally strong with a breathtaking finale
    Retired.

'Hostiles'. Contemplative western with Christian Bale and Rosamund Pike. Great movie.
    Retired.

^ Great actors for sure.

Life On Mars & the sequel Ashes To Ashes. UK Time Travelling Cop shows. The latter show drags on a bit, but I'm 2/3 through so I'm gonna finish it now.

In Fabric. British horror comedy about a killer dress. It aims for a seventies horror vibe but throws in great British humor and some nice story telling. Halfway through the movie it switches protagonists, which is a good point to pause the movie and 7watch the rest later, since it's quite long (just over 2 hours) for a horror flick. I did just that and I enjoyed the second part even more that way. The second protagonist is hilarious, the comedy is upped even more in the fitting grand finale.

I loved every minute of it. Extra points for the soundtrack and the seventies setting.
    Retired.

In Fabric. British horror comedy about a killer dress. It aims for a seventies horror vibe but throws in great British humor and some nice story telling. Halfway through the movie it switches protagonists, which is a good point to pause the movie and 7watch the rest later, since it's quite long (just over 2 hours) for a horror flick. I did just that and I enjoyed the second part even more that way. The second protagonist is hilarious, the comedy is upped even more in the fitting grand finale.

I loved every minute of it. Extra points for the soundtrack and the seventies setting.
    Ah I like some of the actors in that. I'm sure I saw it was available to download on TV before, if it's still there I'll watch it later.

Caddyshack - Never gets old.

Stalker - Classic philosophical Sci-fi. Takes a while to get going, but wow what a movie.

Lockdown nr 3 starts Monday down here, for at least a month. Got my Prime subscription just in time. 'The Boys'. It's like 'Watchmen''s second cousin. Good pilot.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

City on the Hill. 2nd season starts soon. 1st season is a entertaining watch.

Are Westworld seasons 2 & 3 any good? It's been 4 years or so since I saw season 1, I'd have to watch it again to be able to catch up with season 2

I just tried watching The Man In The High Castle season 2 four years after I saw season 1 and I did not get episode one at all lol. So I had to start back in on season 1. Btw if you like the show the book (Philip K Dick) is better, they're really only tangentially related, it's the same universe but mostly with different plotlines and vastly superior characters in the book
    Retired.

that show was great. they dared to be dark(ish). kind of un-disney. I wonder if Disney+ has it in their package
    Retired.

I wonder if Disney+ has it in their package
    yup they do

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I wish that they would have kept it going after Goliath Chronicles.

I just read on Wikipeedia that Jordan Peele pitched his movie version at Disney back in 2018. How sick that movie would have been!
    Retired.

Dolor y gloria. (Almodovar) The childhood scenes got under my skin.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    I wish that they would have kept it going after Goliath Chronicles.
    The people supporting the show at the upper level left Disney when Katzenberg started Dreamworks. A fourth season would have been great
    Retired.