Thread: What have you been watching lately?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    The show Barry is worth watching. Very smart mix of Comedy and Thriller and Stephen Root is fucking great in it.

I'm watching it right now, but so far I feel the comedy and thriller elements are not working well together.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    I'm watching it right now, but so far I feel the comedy and thriller elements are not working well together.
    How far through are you? It took me a few episodes to get into, but I think it pays off as it goes along.

Episode 4. I'll give it another try.

sha, no need to be coy. lol i fell asleep numerous times during that crappy movie. don't you identify as a feminist yourself? maybe that's why you're blind to the feminist utopia it represented.

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    sha, no need to be coy. lol i fell asleep numerous times during that crappy movie. don't you identify as a feminist yourself? maybe that's why you're blind to the feminist utopia it represented.
    I'm actually interested as to why you thought the movie was feminist, because I don't think it is.

Shaolin Master

I agree with brock, that movie blew.

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    I agree with brock
    What a surprise. Brock also said he didn't like 2001.

You guys should avoid anything remotely philosophical or intellectually stimulating.

you come off as a pretentious prick. not surprising since you're a jeff goldblum fan. waving stylish set pieces around doesn't create an exciting movie and a masterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    you come off as a pretentious prick. not surprising since you're a jeff goldblum fan. waving stylish set pieces around doesn't create an exciting movie and a masterpiece
    I am a pretentious prick, we all have flaws.

You seem to complain about everything though, I don't remember you ever posting that you liked a movie. Whats like a short list of your favorite films?

Oldboy - This is supposed to be classic but I didn't like it. The plot is highly ridiculous, and the acting was really hammy and unbelievable. What's amazing is that supposedly Spike Lee made a remake of this thats even worse. I don't know how its possible.

the night of. does this show start to pick up? it started off alright, then it went into a slow spell. the most exciting thing in episode 2 was the dude's athlete's feet. they got this bumb actor from the transformers movies in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Oldboy - This is supposed to be classic but I didn't like it. The plot is highly ridiculous, and the acting was really hammy and unbelievable. What's amazing is that supposedly Spike Lee made a remake of this thats even worse. I don't know how its possible.
    Fucking agreed. Didn't like it.

I gave Barry another try and it's just not for me I guess. I think Breaking Bad is the last series I enjoyed. Nothing on Netlfix is good. I only only have it for Netlfix and chill.

^ Better Call Saul is great, although its a different style from BB. Has anyone seen 'I Am Mother'? Its on Netflix and supposed to be a decent Sci-Fi flick. I need more good Sci-Fi to watch, the last Black Mirror season wasn't great apart from the Striking Vipers episode.

I watched the Solo Star Wars flick last night, which wasn't bad at all if you like Star Wars. Some of the visual sequences are among the best in any of those films, I guess the SFX is just so much easier to do well than it was 40 or even 20 years ago.

if you're thinking of my mother the car, thats more of a comedy than sci fi.

Yeah Better Call Saul was nice. Forgot about that. That's the last series I've enjoyed.

I feel like rewatching Sopranos.