Thread: What have you been watching lately?

The last season of Silicon Valley. Its less funny than it was in other seasons, but still entertaining and I have to see how Richard Hendrix's nerd empire finally crumbles.

I was really hyped to see You Were Never Really Here but felt disappointed in the end. It ended abruptly and I was like "That's it? It's over?" Who doesn't like going savage and murdering rapist pedophiles by beating them to death with a hammer? The plot had so much more potential. The movie should have delved more into the underground criminal element of the child sex trade. It seems that in real life many of the agencies/organizations that pretend to help children are actually the organizations that have people working for them who are preying on the children.

Joaquin Pheonix also broke the mold. The main character, Joe, was just a belly fat man with a grizzly beard who looked like a bum who had some kind of post trauma as a vet. But he could go savage with the hammer. This movie SHOULD have been better than it was.

I really miss Boardwalk Empire. That show was so well done and yet so rushed in the last couple seasons.

Clint Eastwood has a new movie out that looks good. Richard Jewell The media is trying to squash the movie for obvious reasons, it exposes how the media ruins people's lives with fake news. And the FBI's reputation isn't doing so well these days either, with frauds running the agency such as James Comey, Peter Strozk and other corrupt losers.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 12-15-2019 at 06:23 PM.

^ I feel like you missed the point of the film somewhat, but whatever that's your opinion.

Just finished the new season of South Park. The final episode is batshit lol, jesus.

out on Netflix Brazil right now. whatyouknowboutthat?

The Grit Channel. Love the old westerns.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I watched Grit all day on Christmas and the two days after.

Don't Fuck With Cats
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHfWklPzH-Y

Some guy tortures cats in internet videos and this group of people on facebook are triggered and spend the rest of their lives tracking him down.

Good Time (2017) - Really tense and entertaining film, and also Necro is in it.

* The Handmaid's Tale, 3rd series

* Gentbrugge, 5 part show on national tv about the city district I live in (the show runner moved to the same district last year and decided a light hearted documentary series would be a good move. it's pulling in a big audience)

* Kamp Waes : an SAS / Seals kind of training show with non army trainees (mostly athletes) on national tv. hosted by a popular actor/presenter. a ratings hit. a version for Dutch tv has been approved recently (same language, different presenter, trainees and Dutch special forces equivalent)

these are the only shows I watch these days. always nice to see them with relatives, it's a nice family moment

{>____<}

I watched The Witch and The Conjuring. Good films. It's hard to believe that The Conjuring is based on a true story. The director James Wan had to tone the film down because the real events would've been to scary to show people. Real witch took over the mother's body in a gruesome way.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

^^The Conjuring is ace. I never bothered with any of the sequels.

Gonna go see the movie '1917' with my parents tomorrow. I invite them to a movie about once a month. last time we saw a Belgian war movie about a submarine

1917 has gotten good reviews, although some have said that it's soulless. I'll see it anyway, from the descriptions it sounds somewhat similar to Dunkirk in tone, which I thought was dope. I want to see Bad Boys 3 as well.

I loved Dunkirk.

'1917' was as immersive an experience as 'Dunkirk'. Really good film.