Thread: What have you been watching lately?

The ABBOTT

^^Those are great too. Space Ghost will proably be my all time fav. Too many good ones to list.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    You have missed out on some excellent TV. I have watched since its inception, now almost 20 years ago. Are you aware of Tim and Eric, or boondocks?
    I got to know Boondocks through WuCorp.

Sha, I take it by what you posted that they broadcast Adult Swim in the UK?

Watching 'Pure' now, a show about a Scottish twentysomething who moves to London so her parents don't find out about her OCD that revolves around having sexual thoughts 24/7. Good balance between drama and comedy, and engaging acting. Not something I'd binge but good for a weekly episode.
    Retired.

^ It's on All4 apparently, but it's been years since I've watched any new AS stuff.

I should check out the new season of Eric Andre for sure. What else is good from the new shows?

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Billions
    How are you liking this show? I voiced my opinion on it here a while back, I'd like to see how you rate this show. As far as I can tell I've seen all episodes that were broadcast so far but I won't be getting back to it.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ It's on All4 apparently, but it's been years since I've watched any new AS stuff.

I should check out the new season of Eric Andre for sure. What else is good from the new shows?
    Joe Pera talks with you.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    How are you liking this show? I voiced my opinion on it here a while back, I'd like to see how you rate this show. As far as I can tell I've seen all episodes that were broadcast so far but I won't be getting back to it.
    I happened on a random showing of it the other day. Not sure what season or episodes. But I ended up watching for about 4 hours. Was hoping someone would chime in to see if it was binge worthy. I liked was I saw. There are somethings that seem a overly contrived to further the characters though.

The first season is sort of good guy versus bad (but likeable) guy. As the seasons progress all the characters turn into really unlikeable people. the plots remained good but, to me at least, there was no character I could identify with as the series progressed. You end up at a point where everybody's backstabbed everybody else various times. This is no issue in season one yet, which is why I rate it the highest, even though plotwise some of the later seasons are smarter.

the overall good acting remains a plus throughout.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I was watching it on a Showtime Select channel on Pluto Tv. So there is no On Demand for binge watching. So will just check out when I can.

Did you finish The Wire yet?

I'm still in the middle of Season 2, I need to get back to it.
    Retired.

Banned

I watched some Danish movie called A Fortunate Man and I liked it.

I hate dubbed movies so I prefer the original language and subtitles. The dubbing kills it.

Agreed dubbing is lame.

In France (where everything is dubbed) they use the same voice actor for the same original actor, one on one. Imagine being called Francois Le Bleu and your work week consisting of dubbing every Clint Eastwood line ever. SUICIDE PENDING.
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Agreed dubbing is lame.

In France (where everything is dubbed) they use the same voice actor for the same original actor, one on one. Imagine being called Francois Le Bleu and your work week consisting of dubbing every Clint Eastwood line ever. SUICIDE PENDING.
    Yea the voices all sounded the same. And listening to it in an American English accent fucks it up too. If they dubbed it with some Danish guy speaking English with his natural accent I might entertain the dub.

But it’s still not natural.

desert punk.

this has to be my fav anime and anime character yet

Banned

Hal I watched a Dutch movie today called A Noble Intention. It was pretty good.

Looked it up as I was unfamiliar with it. Looks like a movie I'd enjoy, I'm always in for some costume drama
    Retired.