Thread: What have you been watching lately?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

looney tunes

'Trapped', Icelandic whodunit about a corpse found floating near a ferry that is about to dock an Icelandic harbor.

Pretty good. Nice to see the blizzards on screen when you've got the heating turned up in the house lol.
    Retired.

'Legacy', Serbian crime show on Prime. Too soon to tell whether it's any good.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    'Legacy', Serbian crime show on Prime. Too soon to tell whether it's any good.
    2016 show (based in the present) but it's got an eighties mindset in drinking on the job, smoking on the job, trophy wives and the inspector having dated and dumped just about everybody from the CSI girl to the DA. also there's no regular looking woman in sight unless she's old, it's all super models. lol welcome to Serbia

No use discussing this with my Serbian brother in law though, he's a jesus freak
    Retired.

Started watching 'Squid Game' which everybody seems to be watching. Very entertaining so far.

Watched the new Chappelle special. A few laughs, but easily the worst thing I've ever seen him do. Basically him trying to explain his attitude towards trans people for 1 hour +, which is pointless and basically not funny.

Time for some ratings on the recent whodunnits I posted about :

Beck : 8/10
    Wallander : 7/10 on most, 8/10 on some episodes
    Morden i Sandhamn : 7/10, but 8/10 if you enjoy a love interest story
    Trapped : 9/10
    Legacy : 5/10, but 7/10 if you enjoy a guilty pleasure

Some of these non US shows are not just on Prime but also on the Euro Channel, which comes free with Sling TV.
    Retired.

Goliath w/ Billy Bob Thornton (Prime).
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Since it is October, every over channel seems to be showing horror movies. My thoughts, 1980s horror movies just hit different, something about the music,camera work, special effects, sets it apart.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yes, back then in horror they actually cared.

80s definitely the best era for horror
    Retired.

Law & Order : SVU.

I'm randomly watching seasons because Prime doesn't have all of them on offer right now. There's serious differences in quality and mood between the seasons. The reboot after Meloni left was successful. Before that ... eh things got kitschy and overly dramatic. Good first season after Meloni's departure. Smart plots and down to earth feel.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-18-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    Retired.

How is the new Halloween movie?

It seems like a lot of tv shows based on horror movies have been starting up lately. Chucky, Day of the dead, I know what you did last summer and maybe more?

Btw check two do you subscribe to Shudder? I hear it's got great horror content. Not available down here, sadly.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Btw check two do you subscribe to Shudder? I hear it's got great horror content. Not available down here, sadly.
    I did a 7 day trial. If they had more content from previous decades it would be worth the price. For instance, they have a great documentary on there, a two parter, that showcases numerous horror movies of the past. But, almost none of them are on the channel.