Thread: About Yolanda's House

Default About Yolanda's House

Spliff Star - Grandma Used To Say - http://www.zshare.net/audio/5333141fc6a5af

Pharoahe Monch - Never Walk Together - http://www.zshare.net/audio/53332170afda40

Playaz Circle ft. Phonte - Paper Chaser - http://www.zshare.net/audio/4456046fd4ae14/

And Ant Live has the credit for this beat? That's Mr Porters shit.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

Well, I don't know how to explain it, but it's just like when Ghost raps over "Lala Means I Love You" or the "You're a Big Girl Now", he's credited for the production.

P.E.A.C.E.

Veteran Member

dude BDR is loaded with other peoples beats

Quote Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post
    it's all about who gets paid. because the original producer's not getting paid when ghost uses it like that, it gets credited to ghostface or antacid whatever
    There you go, thats what I was getting at.

P.E.A.C.E.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFingaz7 View Post
    Well, I don't know how to explain it, but it's just like when Ghost raps over "Lala Means I Love You" or the "You're a Big Girl Now", he's credited for the production.

P.E.A.C.E.
    This is a beat, not a song that Ghost raps over. That's Supa GFK and that's why he has the producer credit on that song.

This is a beat made by Denaun Porter that has essentially been stolen.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zayus View Post
    This is a beat, not a song that Ghost raps over. That's Supa GFK and that's why he has the producer credit on that song.

This is a beat made by Denaun Porter that has essentially been stolen.
    I know that, but its in the same vein.

P.E.A.C.E.

yeah either way its a fucking good song. prolly my fav one on BDR. the word play from ghost on that track is on point. word up.
    peace.

well when denuan porter sold the beat to whatever record label bought it, it's legally no longer his. ghost heard it and liked it so he contacted the owner of the beat (the record label) and asked if he could sample it on his own record and they agreed. the beat they sampled and cleared the rights to will be listed in the liner notes as a sample (which is what it is) along with the original performers on that track (but not necessarily the producer who sold it and gave up his rights to it).
    Word. That beat is dope as hell, can't believe it's been used in that many songs lol i've never heard it before.

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

yea and on that note Soopaman Lova by Redman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Supa GFK

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah View Post
    yea and on that note Soopaman Lova by Redman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Supa GFK
    Word up.

P.E.A.C.E.

well when denuan porter sold the beat to whatever record label bought it, it's legally no longer his. ghost heard it and liked it so he contacted the owner of the beat (the record label) and asked if he could sample it on his own record and they agreed. the beat they sampled and cleared the rights to will be listed in the liner notes as a sample (which is what it is) along with the original performers on that track (but not necessarily the producer who sold it and gave up his rights to it).
    What? That's not right at all. Denaun Porter would still have publishing and probably writing credits on the track. He did for the Playaz Circle song.

This is a jack move, plain and simple. According to some cat on OKP this isn't the first time Ant-Live has done it either.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

listen to the last song on "The Massacre" by 50 Cent it has almost the exact same beat as Ghost's "metal lungies". it sounds like the exact same track, not just the same sample.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    listen to the last song on "The Massacre" by 50 Cent it has almost the exact same beat as Ghost's "metal lungies". it sounds like the exact same track, not just the same sample.
    No, it's the same sample. The Buckwild version is the normal speed, the No ID version is sped up. The drums sound similar because they're part of the sample. No ID's drums are completely different. The bassline is different.

Buckwild & No ID just used the same sample. It happens.

Yolanda's House though.. the only difference between this and the other versions is the female vocals at the start. Even the chopped vocals in the beat are exactly the same in the Ant-Live 'version' as they are in the Mr. Porter one.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

can someone post the original sample for christs sake. I bet each of these beats is pretty much a loop with some slight changes.

actually i dont give a shit if its a jack, i aint heard it and this is the best Rae, Ghost, and Meth joint since Ironman.
    Last edited by J-DON; 12-03-2007 at 05:44 PM.