Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The karate kid remake (2010)

Default The karate kid remake (2010)

rumors about Jackie playing Mr. Miyagi in a Karate Kid remake? And Will Smith's son(who I think is only 11)will be playing The Karate Kid? I don't know if Jackie is right for this role if it's true, I think Sho Kosugi or Sonny Chiba would be better in the role. Whichever way it goes in the way of casting, it will be interesting to see how this remake turns out......

John W. Henry

Sorry for the off-topic post... but WOW.. proof you still post here...??

Wha's crackin' dunny...?

Quote Originally Posted by Wutage View Post
    Sorry for the off-topic post... but WOW.. proof you still post here...??

Wha's crackin' dunny...?
    what up
    yea i still post here haha
    how u been

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Voorhees View Post
    wow.........Mr Miyagi was japanese, jackie chan is chinese.......hollywood doesn't give a fuck about culture I guess. 'Hey! The dude has slanty eyes! All them look alike so who gives a fuck?!?!' I remember they did the same shit for that 'Memoirs of a Geisha' junk where the whole cast was pretty well Chinese, yet it was japanese-based.....and a lot of folks were apparently outraged.

Oh well, for the record this is a gay idea too IMO, this doesn't even need to be remade so what the fuck?

agree

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

wow.........Mr Miyagi was japanese, jackie chan is chinese.......hollywood doesn't give a fuck about culture I guess. 'Hey! The dude has slanty eyes! All them look alike so who gives a fuck?!?!' I remember they did the same shit for that 'Memoirs of a Geisha' junk where the whole cast was pretty well Chinese, yet it was japanese-based.....and a lot of folks were apparently outraged.

Oh well, for the record this is a gay idea too IMO, this doesn't even need to be remade so what the fuck?
    Well, every Hollywood bad guy in the late 80's/90's was an English guy pretending to be from somewhere else in Europe (think Hans Gruber). So it's not just Asians.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

maybe a movie based on karate kid
    but the karate kid doesnt need to be remade
    its a classic

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Wu Vatican

disagree. paccino is not cuban, should he not have played scarface?

its only a movie.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Banned

Well, first of all Miyagi was Okinawin, according to the movie. And secondly, making Daniel-san a black kid is a slap in the face to Italian-Americans cuz Ralph Macchio played Daniel LaRusso...
    Actually, the writers said the original name for the character was Daniel Weber, but once Macchio got the part, they changed the name...plus he was from Jersey.

This is a dumb idea anyway. Haven't they milked the karate kid thing enough? I mean they had 3 or them. Then they did the next karate kid with a girl. Plus the cartoons from back in the day, the video games. Enough is enough.

Karate kid will always be Daniel-san, Miyagi, hot ass young Elizabeth Shue, John Creese and Johnny Lawrence of the Cobra Kais
    Last edited by Dooch; 12-03-2007 at 09:30 PM.

more info on this pluse 2 other films he is thinking of

Han Sanping, president of China Film, the biggest state-run movie maker of China is very excited about what he would like do with some Hollywood studios. During a speech he made last night at Peking University, he mentioned some projects he was pushing during the recent trip to the States.

A remake of The Karate Kid wtih Will Smith, Will's son Jaden and Jackie Chan or Stephan Chow: In the remake, might be titled The Kung Fu Kid, Jaden Smith will play the kid, Jackie Chan (or Stephen Chow?) will play his mentor (Pat Morita's role), and Will Smith will play the main villain.

Tai Chi Tiger (literal title) with Chen Hu and Keanu Reeves: The plot is unknown but it will be the acting debut of Tiger Hu Chen (as a martial-art coordinator working for Yuen Wo-Ping). Keanu Reeves, who learned martial-art from him for his role in The Matrix trilogy will produces the project and will also play a supporting role in it.

on a side note ...........KUNG FU HUSTLE Sequel Is Done

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

^^ Yay! Can't wait for Kung-Fu 2!

As for Karate Kid, all I will say is that Smith's kid seems like a pretty decent actor. Unlike almost every other child actor in a Hollywood film, he didn't come across (in The Pursuit Of Happyness) as an obnoxious little shit.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post

on a side note ...........KUNG FU HUSTLE Sequel Is Done
    FO REAL????

yeah baby XD
    bring back begongo!!

dosnty mean were gonna see it soon tho....prollly a year after it hits asian countrys we will see the flick

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

You can't touch a classic.

In the 3rd grade, I could relate to Daniel Larusso. I rode a bike to school...

I lived in a shitty apartment complex.

I wanted to date rich white girls.

I got picked on by white boys who had their training in a Dojo...

Only one thing missing:

WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU HUH!!!!????

Well that about sums it up.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 12-04-2007 at 03:40 PM.

lol

Banned

haha..that was pretty good.