View Poll Results: How do you rate this?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Masterpiece

18 36.00%
  • 4 - Superior

22 44.00%
  • 3 - Good

6 12.00%
  • 2 - Below Average

4 8.00%
  • 1 - Nasty nas to esco, to escobar, now he is Nastradamus!

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nas - Stillmatic

-

The Hound and ShaDynasty, who cares what ya'll think hahahahahahaha. Nas Ether song is better than Jay-Z's The Takeover and Nas is a better rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

LOL@The Hound said God's Son is better than Stillmatic hahahahahahaha. You can't be serious. God's Son sucks.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Banned

This is why nobody likes you. Somebody has a different opinion and you get on some sandy vagina shit "who cares what you think" lame shit
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

-

The Hound, if i was to do a voting poll to see who likes who more, i bet i would get more votes than you LOL. You and ShaDynasty's opinions are garbage. So cry about it faggot.

nada ignorante

Godson will never be better than Stillmatic. However Godson is still a great album which I enjoyed very much.
    N.I.

-

God's Son isn't a great album LOL. Illmatic is a great album and it's his only good album.

God's Son isn't a great album LOL. Illmatic is a great album and it's his only good album.
    LOL

get a life!

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm serious. Illmatic is his only good album like Jay-Z said on The Takeover LOL. That's the only thing I agree with Jay-Z that he said about Nas.

nada ignorante

It was written is a classic album. If anyone thinks otherwise they must be deaf...
    Last edited by hotnikks; 07-30-2015 at 05:00 PM.
    N.I.

-

The Hound, i apologize for what i said. You have the right to your opinion and i shouldn't have got mad at you because you disagree with me.

1-Stillmatic intro- 5/5
    2- Ether- 5/5
    3- Got Urself A Gun-5/5
    4- Smokin-4/5
    5- Your Da Man- 5/5
    6- Rewind- 5/5
    7- One Mic- 5/5
    8- 2nd Childhood- 5/5
    9- Destroy & Rebuild- 4/5
    10- The Flyest- 4/5
    11- Rule- 4/5
    12- My Country- 4/5
    13- What Goes Around (Poison)- 5/5
    14- Every Ghetto- 5/5

Probably Nas's 2nd or 3rd best album, fighting with It Was Written. A great album. 4.5 mics for me.

Would have been even better had he swapped a couple of tracks for one of "Purple" "Doo Rags" "Stay Chisel" or "Star Wars".

Forget Illmatic, Nas would have a hard time topping Stillmatic, if you ask me.

-

Yeah right he would have a hard time topping Stillmatic hahahahahahaha. He made me laugh on Ether song when he said that Jay-Z wanted to be on every last one of his classics. His albums after Illmatic aren't classics LOL. I was watching a interview with Vlad and Charlamagne on Youtube last Sunday because Vlad said he thinks Illmatic is Nas only good album and I agree. Charlamagne didn't agree with Vlad and they were arguing for awhile LOL.

hm, i've always felt objectively Nas never really dropped off much as a rapper in terms of lyrics and delivery. I can understand people liking the beats on Illmatic and then dismissing everything afterward because they're not fond of Nas.... but if you like him as an rapper, i don't know how you could say he hasn't had some good (maybe great albums) since Illmatic.

Anyway, Stillmatic isn't my favourite Nas album by a long way, but it has some great tracks. Ether didn't have much bite to it lyrically, but i think emphasis was placed on Nas responding at all, and responding in an aggressive way. The way he went at P, Nature and especially Mega on Destroy & Rebuild was fair more personal - much better track (i guess people hate that beat?).

Got Urself A Gun
    Smokin
    Your Da Man
    Rewind
    One Mic
    2nd Childhood
    Destroy & Rebuild

are all great tracks to me - i always appreciated how when Nas experimented lyrically in a conceptual way, it rarely seemed ham fisted or clumsy, like other mc's.

I'd give it a 7 or 8/10 probably. The beats on the last half of the album were a let down, and i've got a low tolerance for Nas when he gets self righteous. Overall i've liked it more over the years than i did when i first heard it in the early 00s.