Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTF?IS 8 diagrams selling like that?

8 Diagrams was sold out at the Target in the Bronx (plenty of Ghostface CDs were on the shelf though). I think sales are high, but I suspect that the number of shipped copies is probably on the low side.

Quote Originally Posted by 5thlion View Post
    what up time yo u still be with eso?whas the graff scene like these days in the port?
    i cant find over here geuss im a just ghave to spend 15 over at fye unless they price match that shit.
    i dont see nobody from the ol days no more. mufukers is MIA. the graff scene is bullshit out here too. its dead as fuck. couple out of towners still come to fame city but thats it. there was 2 or 3 cats bombin shit up like crazy for a while but them cats got busted quick. hope u find that LP quick. i think its ill, but that depends on your taste in music.

peace

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    what you guys think??? is it really high sales thing or bad distribution???
    As much as I hate to say it, I think it's the latter.

Hun

Quote Originally Posted by Fredy Mech View Post
    all you ingrates are lucky its even released there yet, no sign of BDR or 8D in aus.
    i bought it on 12/12 in New Zealand (~ 11/12 US )
    it cost me 35 nz $ tho :s but who cares

FRESH FISH

Best buy had 4 left tuesday night. Im gonna buy it for afew people Xmas presents.

Veteran Member

i would be surprised if it does much more than 100k, given how sales go nowadays and that there is absolutely no promotion, no video not even a single, and the only people who know about it are rap fans who check the internet for album releases. i really don't get why there was no video released before the album came out.

this is like the worst wu-album promotion... imagine if all clan members would be united, and if we'd have video...it's a shame...this album would do well, even plat-status...

Quote Originally Posted by Twilights_Own View Post
    The HMV I went to (in canada) had none on the front racks, I was shocked. There was a bunch (both covers) in the section, but they didn't even have price stickers on em' (it was 15).

Anyway, I got it (group cover) so it's all good, I guess, but how bout' taking some fucking High School Musical copies down and putting some Wu in there ? Weak.
    i knew hmv was gonna be 15 so i copped at best buy it was 10 somethin there

R.I.P ODB//R.I.P BOGLE

When I got my copy at Best Buy the 11th it was the only one left and it was the comet cover. I figured that was the harder cover to find so I thought cool. (Even though I like the other cover better) As I take it home it looked like the jewel case was cracked and I was a little mad, so I take the plastic off and I found out that it wasn't cracked... but it was a long black hair under the plastic that made it looked cracked, LOL. So I try to forget about the hair, I take the disk out and notice a tiny crack in the disk in the center in the clear portion buy the hole. Now I'm real damn pissed... but it didn't effect it playing in my car so I guess it was all good for now as long as I'm careful I still got my music. I still plan on getting the box set in January so I guess the disk problem is no big deal because I will be getting a new one anyway.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

i was lucky i got the last copy at borders on tuesday

i still hope they'll make some crazy numbers

come on Americans, buy, buy!!!!!!!!!!!!

No real promotion, single or video, but the word of mouth buzz seems to be crazy. This is super super super optimistic but I think it could do 100k first week (which would be great). Why? BDR and More Fish from Ghost did 35k first week, and I don't think its unrealistic to think this sells three times as many as those. Also, a few years ago Tical 0 did over 100k first week, before tanking...true more people were buying albums then, just saying. The same way 36 went platinum over like several years, I think 8D can definitely go gold (which is the new platinum).