Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the hell where Ghost & Rae thinking? 8 Diagrams is tha BOMB!

Thumbs up What the hell were Ghost & Rae thinking? 8 Diagrams is tha BOMB!

This album is dope and different. The raps feel so much like organic music, and the maturity is welcome.
    Ghost badmouthed the album without even giving it a chance, I bet he hardly listened to the whole album.

(Don't get me wrong, I still love Ghost, and by the way, The Big Doe Rehab is an awesome album as well--more like a refined version of Bullet Proof Wallets (which I loved) and Pretty Tony (his least impressive lp), with a touch of Ironman)} In the end, t's all about the music, IMO...

I think that those who try to compare this album with the ones from the 90's don't quite get the picture about the direction of this album. Most of the haters say it isn't good be it's not like the 36 chambers or Forever, but they really should analyze the 8 Diagrams for what it is, it's a thematically soulful hardcore Hip-Hop album. It's natural that they don't go back and rap about "Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothing to fuck with" because everyone already knows and they need to display maturity and more wisdom.

And let's face it, the Wu is still morning; it's the first WTC lp since we lost ODB. The whole direction of the album makes so much sense once you understand the state of the game from RZA's perspective. The production of the album feels a lot more like World Music, because Wu-Tang has grown so much, and it's not only about the problems of the hoods of NY (for instance), it tries to achieve a bigger worldwide audience, with themes that are somewhat easier to relate to and understand, because rather you're black, white, brown, yellow, red, or blue, there's something for you.

This is one of those albums that challenges you to evolve your listening habits. Too bad a lot of "occasional" listeners are already deeply programmed for fast food music. 8 Diagrams is more like Opera, it takes keen ears and a minute to truly appreciate its different levels of depth.

Honest Grade for 8 Diagrams: A
    Last edited by drangel_jam; 12-12-2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: title spelling
    Stay Alive and Survive // Xbox-Live gamertag: DR Jam

u dead right man, i totally agree with u
    8D is awesome imo

absolute truth............

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

I enjoy it very much.

Thank you Older Gods!!
    bring back begongo!!

Yeah, this is a dope album (easily my favorite of the year). I really can't see Raekwon putting together a better Clan album than this (without RZA haha). Anyone that thinks BDR is better than 8D is a fucking nut, and Ghosts probably my favorite member.

yeah big doe is nice but less consitant than 8D by far

Yeah, 8D is alot better then BDR but I've been listening to alot of old Wu shit and Wu fam shit and if this is the final group album they ever put out I just don't think it's done them justice. They need to leave the game (as far as a group) on the same note as they entered it with something crazy that upon first listens blows your fucking ear drums apart and hit you with the same impact as 36 Chambers, 93-97 shit. I love 8D and I think it's the only rap album I downloaded all fucking year because I don't really fuck with any new shit that comes out. I was expecting something epic. It's tight no doubt. I'm not dissapointed because it's pretty much what I was expecting but I hope Rae and Ghost go through with there project.
    "There’s not too many jewels being dropped these days. Everyone wants to shake their ass. I call the club the devil’s box. Hip-hop is at an all-time low. It’s sad. It’s going nowhere but down. We’re living out the last days, the last two pages of the bible." - Ghostface Killah (REAL TALK)

WU-TANG, HIPHOP'S LAST HOPE!?!?!?

mistype, the name is mcfearson. 8d confirms that the clan continues to get better and better and better. read it and weep. there isn't a better wu album than 8d. rae and ghost didn't have to do the album. they talk shit to create interest, they love the album.

Default no better wu album than 8d

mistype, the name is mcfearson. 8d confirms that the clan continues to get better and better and better. read it and weep. there isn't a better wu album than 8d. rae and ghost didn't have to do the album. they talk shit to create interest, they love the album.

^^Don't get carried away

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

This album is ridiculous.

This is 5 mics in my book.

Aint I do not give out 5 mics for anything.

Every track is hot. Large reply value on this album.

Maybe it sould have been better but I am happy with it as is.

9/10 lost one for the clinton rambling
    Protons Electrons Always Cause Explosions

The album is great. Both Rae and Ghost made comments before even hearing the final version of the album.

They are more upset about money than the music.

Prince Rai

nah ur absolutely right, the album is amazing. i keep listening to it on the pod, just cant get enough. tunes i thought i didnt like, are even beginning to grow on me big time.

yea rae & ghost was tripping the album is real dope & has a lot of replay value to it I could sort of see where they where going though cause of some of the sound that RZA is going with on a lot of the album is stuff you wouldn't expect to but it's dope regardless