Thread: Jay-Z Says Being Def Jam Prez Is 'Not about money'

Default Jay-Z Says Being Def Jam Prez Is 'Not about money'

Despite numerous reports and rumors over the past week in regard to Jay-Z's contract as Def Jam Prez coming up and him asking for a sizable salary, the entrepreneur and rapper says it's not about the money.

Via a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Jay-Z made it clear he's not worried about the money, but rather about the future of the music business and how he can contribute.

"It's not about money," he said. "That's really the last thing. Of course, as a person that does these type of things and puts his heart and soul into it -- and it's effective, as the Grammy's would indicate -- you want to be compensated for what you do. But it's really not about money. It's really about the future of the music business, and not wasting anyone's time. I don't ever want to sit in a seat just to sit in a seat. I could be off doing something else that's beneficial to the future of the music business as well as myself. So it's not about money! I mean, you couldn't pay me enough."

According to Jay, a recent report from the New York Daily News, which said that his contract negotiations with Def Jam were at a standstill because of his big demands, is not true. But as far as him still holding the position in the coming new year, he just isn't sure.

"Yeah, I think -- I don't know. Let me not even say that. I don't know. We'll see how it goes," he admitted.

He did say they were close to coming to an agreement, which should be known within the next couple of weeks.

During the rest of the interview, Jay speaks on the numerous Grammy nominations his label, Def Jam, has garnered and how he feels about them.

The full interview can be read at EW.com.
    http://www.streethop.com/forums/article.php?t=97328

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

The only honest word is "You couldn't pay me enough."
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Biggest Lie Since Chicks Were Like "the Baby Is Yours"

-

If it's not about the money, why would some Def Jam employees make this stuff up on Jay-Z? It's always about the money with people.

money is GOD
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

not about money.....i LOLed like a lunatic when i read that.

the debut album: Better 8 Than Never NOW AVAILABLE!!!

coming soon to Newbury Comics!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/8bzagnojusticenopeace
    http://www.myspace.com/8bzabeatspage

He already has 500 million right? Don't think he will stress about his Def Jam salary.

De mijne is 4x duurder!