Thread: Styles P - Super Gangster

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Default Styles P - Super Gangster

haven't saw a review thread for it, so here it is

at first listen this album is very good, a 3+/5, maybe better
    bring back begongo!!

Veteran Member

not really liking this album it has some really good songs like all i know is pain and star of the state, alone in the street is good too, but then again it has songs for the ladies (the one with ray j and look at her) that are garbage, and some of it is filler. i don't like blow ya mind much either. i say it's a 3/5, not one of the noteworthy releases of this year

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

its a grower, trust. He came out the same week as Ghost and sold 30,000.

am i the only one thats bored with an entire album from P???
    a few songs...maybe a LOX album is tight but him alone puts me to sleep
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

i gave this a listen, didn't like it. cant really remember it.

-

LOL@Tuco. Styles P doesn't put me to sleep. I haven't heard the album yet so i can't comment on it. I think his best album is A Gangsta And A Gentleman. Time Is Money album wasn't that good. His first single Blow Your Mind from his latest album sucks and why is he doing songs for the ladies? That's not his style. He's too hardcore to do wack songs for the ladies. Now i hear he wants to collaborate with 50 Cent for his next album. Oh lord LOL. What is Styles P trying to do? Is he trying to ruin his career like his buddy Jadakiss?

Album is average. About 7 good tracks, but alot of skip tracks too. He needs to work on his hooks or just take them out of some tracks.

Top 3: Green Piece Of Paper; Gangster, Gangster; Cause I'm Black

Overall Grade: (2.5/5) C

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I'm glad I didn't go by ya'll reviews, this album is nice as fuck, Pure heat from Styles P. 4.5/5
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

-

LOL@Hollow Dartz said this album is nice as fuck hahahahahahahahahaha. This is Styles P's worst album. Sheek's solo albums are wack too. I don't understand how The Lox can make shitty solo albums and their group albums aren't that good either but they're good mc's.

This shit is hard body, you telling me Shoot niggaz is wack??? Stop playing the album on your library speakers. Sheek Louch first album is far from wack my nigga, his new album is hard too.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Album is dope, don't let Jaz-OJones say otherwise.

Banned

i liked this album because its P saying fuck you to the industry politics. its not as well crafted and polished as his debut, but its organic street shit!!! and this is nowhere near his worst album, you heard time is money nigga!?!? i remember being shocked the disc didnt have a shit stain on it after i bought that joint!!!!

the joints alchemist produced are dangerous!!! and that joint with ghostface makes my nuts swell!!!! shits hard!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    i liked this album because its P saying fuck you to the industry politics. its not as well crafted and polished as his debut, but its organic street shit!!! and this is nowhere near his worst album, you heard time is money nigga!?!? i remember being shocked the disc didnt have a shit stain on it after i bought that joint!!!!

the joints alchemist produced are dangerous!!! and that joint with ghostface makes my nuts swell!!!! shits hard!!!!
    Exactly. Time is Money is his album that I would put at the bottom.