2 40.00%

1 20.00%

2 40.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lupe Fiasco - The Cool

Man this album was shit, probably one of the worst albums in hip hop I have ever heard. I would be hard pressed to even call it hip hop, this shit was more like dance music fused with r&b and some other shit......what the fuck was Lupe thinkin?.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Really^ The song blackula posted was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Really^ The song blackula posted was nice.
    What did she post?

In anycase I DL it a short while ago and I fucking hated it. If this is the future of hip hop music, im stopping.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

HAHHAAH^ Thanks TAURO

Veteran Member

This is easily the best album of 2007. Lyrically Lupe is ahead of the game right now. His flow is top notch too. A few missteps - "Fighters" is boring, "Go Baby" is garbage, "Hello/Goodbye" has too much rock influence, "Gold Watch" has an annoying redundant sample, but Lupe pulls off a few classic concept songs with "The Coolest" and "Streets on Fire." Plenty of other great tracks on here too. 4/5

But The Stove Was Off... 6² Chambaz's Avatar

Halfway through the album, sounds good, but Go Go gadget flow is Clayton-type sheeeeeeeeeeiiiit. Absolute trash. garbage. waste. Can't even stress how much I hate this song

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonousDarT36 View Post
    This is easily the best album of 2007. Lyrically Lupe is ahead of the game right now. His flow is top notch too. A few missteps - "Fighters" is boring, "Go Baby" is garbage, "Hello/Goodbye" has too much rock influence, "Gold Watch" has an annoying redundant sample, but Lupe pulls off a few classic concept songs with "The Coolest" and "Streets on Fire." Plenty of other great tracks on here too. 4/5
    U don't like Hello/Goodbye cuz of the rock influence? Then you prolly don't like the first Gravediggaz albums and other classics which is a shame. The best 2007 albums have rock influenced songs (Sick Jacken, El-P, Lupe)....It's a shame people don't like rock.
    bring back begongo!!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    U don't like Hello/Goodbye cuz of the rock influence? Then you prolly don't like the first Gravediggaz albums and other classics which is a shame. The best 2007 albums have rock influenced songs (Sick Jacken, El-P, Lupe)....It's a shame people don't like rock.
    No, I love 6 Feet Deep. It's a borderline classic for me. I said too much rock influence - Lupe actually featured a rock band (Unkle) and had them play on that song, and it was over the top IMO.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

LOL...like I said....2007 gotta suck for you if some of the best albums where rock influenced. I feel bad for you.
    bring back begongo!!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Not really getting the hype over this album. A few ok tracks but not worth my money...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

-

Garbage album and that's a shame because Lupe can rap. Food And Liquor album sucked too.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Garbage album and that's a shame because Lupe can rap. Food And Liquor album sucked too.
    Exactly my thoughts.

His Street Smart mixtape is much better, because it has good beats and not so many wack choruses.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    LOL...like I said....2007 gotta suck for you if some of the best albums where rock influenced. I feel bad for you.
    to be honest, yeah it sucked. Only great albums are The Cool and American Gangster. An improvement from 2005 and 2006 though.

-

Lupe got the nerve to be cocky when his albums suck and he dissed A Tribe Called Quest talking about he has no interest in listening to their albums. Why the fuck did he perform their Electric Relaxation song at VH1's Hip Hop Honors when Tribe was being honored? He didn't even know the words to the song LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO View Post
    Man this album was shit, probably one of the worst albums in hip hop I have ever heard. I would be hard pressed to even call it hip hop, this shit was more like dance music fused with r&b and some other shit......what the fuck was Lupe thinkin?.
    are you out of your goddamn mind? Lupe delivered a GREAT album here...u must have missed it...didnt expect this from you.