2 40.00%

1 20.00%

2 40.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lupe Fiasco - The Cool

I agree with Tauro, I just listened to this album and its horrible. I gave it a chance, then deleted it from my comp, very disappointing when everyone says its the album of the year. Every song is the same, just puts me to sleep. I'm trying really hard to be a fan of Lupe, but I cannot after this album. Real disappointing

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    LOL...like I said....2007 gotta suck for you if some of the best albums where rock influenced. I feel bad for you.
    What's wrong with rock influenced hip hop? Or are you saying there were tons of better albums that were non rock influenced that were out(that's true right there). This album is cool though I like it. Lupe kills some sounds but he comes off as annoying sometimes. Superstar, Streets Are On Fire, High Definition, Hip Hop Saved My Life, Intruder Alert, those are all dope. Gold Watch is cool and a handful of other songs.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One and Only View Post
    What's wrong with rock influenced hip hop? Or are you saying there were tons of better albums that were non rock influenced that were out(that's true right there). This album is cool though I like it. Lupe kills some sounds but he comes off as annoying sometimes. Superstar, Streets Are On Fire, High Definition, Hip Hop Saved My Life, Intruder Alert, those are all dope. Gold Watch is cool and a handful of other songs.
    I love The Cool...my album of the year....and I also love rock, go figure....no, I just said to that guy that doesn't like The Cool cuz of the rock influence....read all of the comments
    bring back begongo!!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quik17 View Post
    I agree with Tauro, I just listened to this album and its horrible. I gave it a chance, then deleted it from my comp, very disappointing when everyone says its the album of the year. Every song is the same, just puts me to sleep. I'm trying really hard to be a fan of Lupe, but I cannot after this album. Real disappointing
    Every song is the same!?!?! Proves that only dumbasses dismiss this album as trash.

Streets on Fire: concept song about streets personified as a girl

Little Weapon: political song about child soldiers
    The Die: Michael Young History's death story

The Coolest: story told by Michael Young History, using the streets and the game as personified characters

Hip-Hop Saved My Life: storytelling song about what the title says
    Intruder Alert: storytelling song about intruders, whether a rapist or illegal immigrant

Put You on Game: Concept song personifying the game

Go Baby: track for the ladies

Fighters: dedicated to Lupe's friends and family

Gotta Eat: concept song told from a cheeseburger, using food metaphors

Dumb It Down: dedicated to those who don't understand Lupe's music (you)

^I dont need you to break down the album for me, i understand it, i just didnt like it. The beats were unoriginal and lyrics were weak.

next time you call someone a dumbass you should first look at ur own biased view
    PoisonousDarT36

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

ohh whatever... the Cool is a great album, his debut wasn't THIS good
    bring back begongo!!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quik17 View Post
    ^I dont need you to break down the album for me, i understand it, i just didnt like it. The beats were unoriginal and lyrics were weak.

next time you call someone a dumbass you should first look at ur own biased view
    PoisonousDarT36
    If you really think every song is the same, obviously you don't understand it. This isn't a regional bias either. I'm not bumping Psychodrama, Twista, Crucial Conflict, Do or Die, etc., just Lupe, Kanye and Common. Lupe is a skilled rapper, and I don't know how you can say the lyrics were weak. Maybe a few songs but on the whole, the lyricism on The Cool is great.

Ok maybe I was being rash with my previous post. I had just finished listening to it and I was left shocked and disheartened by it.

I will say that 95% of the joints I hated production wise and I really disliked the double-time flow he put on on certain tracks, it works for uk mc's but for americans it sounds a bit silly.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Peace, overall the album is dope,i dont really feel gold watch but dumb it down is straight crack

i checked both of lupes album off the strength of some cat making a thread saying lupe was on par with rakim, kool g rap, etc.

i was very impressed with both of these album and can even understand those who say these are classic even if i dont agree that they're on that level.

there are several tracks that i skip but there are several tracks on it that i think are incredible.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post

i was very impressed with both of these album and can even understand those who say these are classic even if i dont agree that they're on that level.

there are several tracks that i skip but there are several tracks on it that i think are incredible.
    co-sign

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    i checked both of lupes album off the strength of some cat making a thread saying lupe was on par with rakim, kool g rap, etc.

+1

my thoughts precisely

Veteran Member

i can't believe how wack this shit is my friend was hypin the fuck out of it just like yall are and he puts it on and im just like ok whens it gonna get good nothin stood out to me nothin "flowed" that great i'll step on this album i never need to hear it again

Veteran Member

how hard is it to personify something really ur not a genius cuz u do it get over that shit

my brother keeps trying to shove this album down my throat, so idk

i listened to it (ps if you dl'd you and don't like it eat a dick, if you dl an album it's not going to feel as good, straight up)

it was good, but i didn't like, just wasn't my style, that song where he'd take a bitch to brazil....fo real...is the nastiest shit to drop in a good 15 years tho. It had that vibe that doesn't exist in rap anymore and didn't sound forced

i think the album was too well thought out and everything seems polished and concrete, and emo-rap is gay.

but yeah the album is great, im not gonna be a fuck up and say it's garbage like all the fuck ups, but it's just not my style.