1 25.00%

1 25.00%

2 50.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: Compton's Most Wanted - It's A Compton Thang

Default Compton's Most Wanted - It's A Compton Thang

Compton's Most Wanted (the original line up MC Eiht, Chill MC and DJ Slip) were wrongly referred to as NWA clones, if you listen to NWA's debut Straight Outta Compton (1988) and then this album you will see which one has dated the most.

There has always been something great about It's A Compton Thang, the production is just dope, sure there are a ton of James Brown samples (the awesome "The Final Chapter" actually uses 2 James Brown samples and 2 J.B',s samples)and a lot of familiar breaks (Lee Dorsey,Funk Inc) but it all works well and Eiht and Chill flowed effortlessly throughout the album.

Every track is a winner and the album is pretty much timeless, it's one I seem to go back to a lot and the production isn't just simple loops and drums, from the Barry White sampling smoothness of "I'm Wit Dat" to the Anita Baker soul on "Late Night Hype", the laid back Roy Ayers classic "Brother Green" used on "I Give Up Nothin" to the same Lee Dorsey "A Lover Was Born" sample used by DJ Premier for Lord Finesse's "Strictly For The Ladies"

It was also an album that mentioned the gangster lifestyle, but it didn't glorify like NWA did, in essence this is one of the greatest ever gangster rap albums and a very welcome to your rap collection.

Word...Bet...Jyeah
    Last edited by claaa7; 08-11-2009 at 03:58 AM.

oh yea CMW could walk all over compton
    NWA was all glitz and glam "gangsta" rap
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

-

I didn't like this album. Music To Driveby is CMW's best album. Straight Check'n Em album is also good.

Bunch of classic cuts on this album.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I didn't like this album. Music To Driveby is CMW's best album. Straight Check'n Em album is also good.
    That puzzles me, how do you like a group's next 2 albums but not there first?, wouldn't the first album be the one that made you like them in the first place?.

-

I thought their first album sucked. I didn't like the beats. Like i said, Music To Driveby is their best.

-

LOL@CRDS said CMW's first album is better than NWA's Straight Outta Compton album hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Classic! You really had to be there check for the music back then to enjoy it. THE BLUE TAPE. I call it the purple tape also because when I was young I stole it from my old brother and colored on it with a blue sharpee and it turned purple. I think Tha Chill Is a better MC than Eiht. Very Underrated. Big Up eiht and Chill for this one.
    Yo!

^ nah i think eihts better, but this album is dope ima give it a 8 i like straight checkn em better and i think music to driveby was the best, thems a 9 n a 10 respectfully, really like these dudes work, great production and great mcing

Quote Originally Posted by crds View Post
    That puzzles me, how do you like a group's next 2 albums but not there first?, wouldn't the first album be the one that made you like them in the first place?.
    lol what kinda logic is that C??
    sometimes an artist blow up with their second or third album, take Mobb Deep and The Fugees for example. also younger listener might catch a third or fourth album first and fall in love with it cuz of that.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    LOL@CRDS said CMW's first album is better than NWA's Straight Outta Compton album hahahahahahahahahahaha.
    Charles, where exactly did I say that?

-

My bad. I thought you had said CMW's first album is better than Straight Outta Compton. If you had said that, i would've slapped you LOL. I didn't know i was supposed to like a rapper's first album more than the 2nd or 3rd albums hahahahahahahahahahaha. Comptilla, Tha Chill isn't a better rapper than MC Eiht. Geah LOL. MC Eiht is a funny guy. He had me laughing at Menace II Society movie. Remember these scenes?

I'm about to go get some gas for the hooptie, you know what i'm saying? LOL. Your ass should've filled up before we got here, stupid ass muthafucka LOL. Shut up bitch LOL. Who got some snaps on the petro? LOL. Who got some snaps? Ya'll niggas broke than a muthafucka LOL. Slanging all that shit in the hood and ain't got no muthafucking money LOL. Fuck that. Pump my shit LOL.

Both of ya'll shut the fuck up. Both of ya'll acting like some muthafucking bitches LOL. Scared to peel these punk ass niggas caps. Man gimme my joint nigga LOL. Ya'll niggas hurry up. Go in there, buck them niggas and get the fuck back and don't be playing. Dog, Caine, you hear what i'm saying? Kill them niggas and get the fuck back so we can stab out LOL. I'm a be chilling right here.

Get your bitch ass up and answer the door LOL. Sitting over there with a babydoll and shit LOL. That's cause i like little girls nigga LOL. Where your sister at? LOL. Where your mammy at muthafucka? LOL. I see ya'll niggas fixed something to eat and you ain't make me shit. You ain't shit nigga LOL. Fuck you LOL. Yo Wax. Geah LOL. Yo nigga. What? LOL. Fix me some links with some grits LOL. I'm hungry than a muthafucka out here. What the fuck i look like? Alice bitch? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.