Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lupe will be considered one of the greatest ever

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quik17 View Post
    I dont care who gave him props, to go down as one of the greats you need a lot more than lyrics, you need something to be remebered by- a persona. If lyrics alone measured greatness, than Canibus and other undeground cats would be on top. Lupe has nothing to be remembered by, he came and went too quickly.
    his cd comes out tomorrow. he is still here. and he has more than lyrics - his flow is insane. Canibus is way too complex post 2000 B.C., and he doesn't get the production Lupe does. Not to mention, Lupe's flow is way better than Bis at this point in time.

he makes quality albums.

as an mc, hes not one of the greatest, but half the artists people throw into the mix have one maybe two decent entire albums.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    he makes quality albums.

as an mc, hes not one of the greatest, but half the artists people throw into the mix have one maybe two decent entire albums.
    why not? he's near the top right now. how many can you say are better than lupe in 2007? he has to be top 10 right now.

Wu Vatican

i dont mind lupe, hes straight. but how is anyone in here bringing up the clipse in this discussion. clipse are some of the top dudes out right now period. eeeyyuuhhck
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Quik17 View Post
    I dont care who gave him props, to go down as one of the greats you need a lot more than lyrics, you need something to be remebered by- a persona. If lyrics alone measured greatness, than Canibus and other undeground cats would be on top. Lupe has nothing to be remembered by, he came and went too quickly.
    so your sayingthat the greats...who ever they may be to you....were reckognized as greats by popular culture? Biggie for instance? Snoop? who is an average MC? Canibus doesnt put out albums like lupe...so he may not be the greatest...but he can and will be seen as a great MC.

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonousDarT36 View Post
    why not? he's near the top right now. how many can you say are better than lupe in 2007? he has to be top 10 right now.

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    you guys and your silly overstatements.

ditto...

to me a contender for greatest mc has to do with alot more than what Lupe is doing....the kid is nice but it is too early in his carrer to be toting him as a contender for g.o.a.t. title

at best he might be an emcee's emcee but that is about it

click the sig if you vatican status

FRESH FISH

can u not see the talent in that?

I finally dl'ed his first album recently. Shouldn't have bothered. It was entirely forgettable. I just let it play with no interest whatsoever. Pretty sure I'll never listen to it again.

He's definitely GOAT status.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I finally dl'ed his first album recently. Shouldn't have bothered. It was entirely forgettable. I just let it play with no interest whatsoever. Pretty sure I'll never listen to it again.

He's definitely GOAT status.
    whose fault is that? listen to daydreamin, the cool and hurt me soul again and pay attention to the lyrics. he uses a lot of metaphors too, i'm sure you didn't get it...

daydreamin first verse - robot is a metaphor for the projects
    daydreamin second verse - describing the state of rap, and what is wrong with it

kick, push is obviously not about skateboarding either, it is about hustling

lupe is a deep rapper, you should understand, you listen to the wu

Sorry dude, but he's really not worth trying to force myself to be interested in. Understand, I've got nothing against the dude at all. You must realise that the last hip hop artist to come out that actually sparked my interest was Immortal Technique. I just don't find modern mc's interesting. I only dl'ed the album because I enjoyed the Kick Push song, which IS about skateboarding.

The saga continues........
    She thinks her brown body has no glory.
    If she could dance naked, under palm trees.
    And see her image in the river, she would know. But there are no palm trees, on the street. "The Holocaust / Warcloud"

Saigon & Lupe = illest music to come out of our generation

anyone who disagree is stuck in the past and highly biased

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

Co-sign with Sun Tzu. Lupe is gonna leave his mark ten years from now. If Saigon is this generation's Kool G Rap, then Lupe is its Nas.

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Definitive X View Post
    Co-sign with Sun Tzu. Lupe is gonna leave his mark ten years from now. If Saigon is this generation's Kool G Rap, then Lupe is its Nas.
    exactly. Everyone is living in the past. I bet 10-15 years ago people were saying nas, jay-z, biggie, etc. would never compare to the greats from the 80s, but you'll see.