Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Has RZA not going on tour affected your decision to buy tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    to u niggas saying u arent going cuz rza aint there... are u seriously checkin for rza as an MC that hard?? lol seriously i aint head nobody ever in my life say "YO THERES GHOST RAE METH DECK N THESE OTHER DUDES... BUT RZA AINT SPITTING?? DAMN THATS FUCKED UP YO" usually it's rza's verses that people are are fucked up since that nigga stay off-beat

RZA, he's the sharpest muthafucka in the whole clan. He always on point, with the beats, with the rhymes, whatever... And he DJ! Have you even listened to some of this man’s lyrics? He’s dropping jewels, even when he’s on that ignorant Bobby Digi tip. But yo believe it or not, I was like you at one point… He was probably my least favorite member of the clan when I first heard them, I thought he was “off-beat” too… But then something happened, I realized that off-beatness was a vital component in what made RZA’s rhymes and beats so dope. If it wasn’t for RZA’s “off-beat” ears Wu-Tang would have never popped off… Wu-Tang was RZA’s vision musically, artistically, visually, and philosophically. Hate on him all you want but the man is razor sharp, light years ahead of most the cats in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz36 View Post
    I can't believe y'all are complaining that this member wont be here and that member wont be there. Wait 10 more years and see who shows up at the shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz36 View Post

POINT IS, while Wu-Tang is forever, THEY WILL NEVER TOUR FOREVER! So all you clowns stop bitchin, buy a ticket and get your dose before the prescription runs out. You never know if another member will drop like ODB did or if the clan will even stay together. Then y'all be sittin there sayin, "Damn, wish I went to that show."

Quit y'all bitchin and act like real fans by supporting the clan when they roll thru.

That's why a Vatican section was made. Some you people just dont truly appreciate the Wu or the simple fact that there are hardly hip-hop tours anymore. Just go to support hip-hop if anything.
    Point taken, a good point actually, but don’t get it twisted… I aint one of these clowns you speak of, and I support real Hip-Hop albums and shows. I've seen Ghost by himself, Meth by himself, etc. But to me the most important part of a Wu-Tang show is seeing RZA do what he does. I believe supporting this particular tour is endorsing the whole Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang shit... Which I believe supports the tearing of the clan apart first by dismembering its most vital component. I respect the fact these are grown ass men making their own decisions, trying to fill their pockets, trying to feed their families, etc. But without RZA it's not Wu-Tang, if they going to shit on RZA by making this non-RZA album and excluding him from the tour then they might as well come up with a new name... A new style, new sound, new personas, new aliases, new slang, new imagery, etc. They need a fresh start because with the exception of maybe Meth, if it wasn't for RZA they would have never popped off to begin with.

nah thats fucking with the chemistry. I'll pay only if they all do it.

o so its on some groupie shit lol

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

Shit sun, I'm about to see Rza on the 29th in NY then follow up with Wu-Tang on the 12th

Quote Originally Posted by TheMASSIVE View Post

Point taken, a good point actually, but don’t get it twisted… I aint one of these clowns you speak of, and I support real Hip-Hop albums and shows. I've seen Ghost by himself, Meth by himself, etc. But to me the most important part of a Wu-Tang show is seeing RZA do what he does. I believe supporting this particular tour is endorsing the whole Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang shit... Which I believe supports the tearing of the clan apart first by dismembering its most vital component. I respect the fact these are grown ass men making their own decisions, trying to fill their pockets, trying to feed their families, etc. But without RZA it's not Wu-Tang, if they going to shit on RZA by making this non-RZA album and excluding him from the tour then they might as well come up with a new name... A new style, new sound, new personas, new aliases, new slang, new imagery, etc. They need a fresh start because with the exception of maybe Meth, if it wasn't for RZA they would have never popped off to begin with.
    No doubt man, point taken here as well. Thats a well-thought response. Gives me food for thought.

"The game is to be sold, not to be told"

Considering I definately would and have gone to see a wu member solo concert..

7 members is still the shit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMASSIVE View Post

RZA, he's the sharpest muthafucka in the whole clan. He always on point, with the beats, with the rhymes, whatever... And he DJ! Have you even listened to some of this man’s lyrics? He’s dropping jewels, even when he’s on that ignorant Bobby Digi tip. But yo believe it or not, I was like you at one point… He was probably my least favorite member of the clan when I first heard them, I thought he was “off-beat” too… But then something happened, I realized that off-beatness was a vital component in what made RZA’s rhymes and beats so dope. If it wasn’t for RZA’s “off-beat” ears Wu-Tang would have never popped off… Wu-Tang was RZA’s vision musically, artistically, visually, and philosophically. Hate on him all you want but the man is razor sharp, light years ahead of most the cats in the game.
    dude, i agree with this entire paragraph completely.

i never hear anyone else saying this, but RZA is without a doubt my favorite MC in all of hip-hop... to me he's just unbelievable.. the whole off-kilter vibe he comes with, the way his flow works with the beats, the sound of his voice, his lyrical content... and yet back in the day i didn't really care for him as a rapper.

also, i don't think he's lost anything whatsoever over time. his voice changed somewhat, but not for the worse, it's just different. i expect him to still be brilliant 10 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    o so its on some groupie shit lol
    You can call it whatever you want but it is what it is, ya digg? I can't front like RZA isn't one of my favorite artists of all time... I love his music.
    Last edited by TheMASSIVE; 12-19-2007 at 03:28 PM.

In the continual quest towards elevated thinking, it bears mentioning that there are some very hard working people out there and, as a result, fans of the Wu have had a rich set of opportunities to access greatness over the past few months. I submit my own account, and suspect that others have had similar results…

11-1 Santa Cruz, CA and 11-2 San Francisco, CA: Ghost brings the HEAT to two small venues, with the Rhythm Roots All Stars adding incredible flavor as his supporting band. All of that gorgeous soul sampling which fortifies Ghost’s artwork from simply great to truly outstanding was thus re-created in full effect, with numerous horn players and multiple percussionists.

Perhaps it’s worth mentioning that Tony Starks was quite reverential to the GOD himself. As Rakim took the stage each night, school was in session. The Wallabee King well-positioned for maximum enjoyment, it was The 18th Letter that took these shows from outstanding to magical. The R, baby.

12-11 San Francisco, CA: To many, it would be the day that they would receive the first Wu-Tang album in six years. However, some were treated to a more personal gift. The first of four specially scheduled nights…On the day “8 Diagrams” is finally set free, RZA performs to a crowd of 500 people at The Independent. Thinking about it now, the name of the venue is brilliantly apropos. A full suite of Bobby Digital magic…delivered with incredible intensity…perfectly lovely to observe those who left “disappointed”…its depth and complexity perhaps too much for some, as we received “the cure to the mental sickness in this hip-hop world”.

Perhaps chosen as his commentary on current events, attitudes, and perceptions, our man opened with “See The Joy”…the world’s greatest mind, Bob Digital, we love you.

I skipped the next two nights of similar solo shows [12-13 San Diego, CA and 12-14 Los Angeles, CA] to instead attend to…

12-13 and 12-14 Knitting Factory, NY: Ming-Tzu at Grandgood has done a nice job chronicling these two nights. What more could we possibly ask for…top 5 MCs of all-time…performing his seminal work…very close to home…the realness of this perhaps too much for 95% of the world…we’ll take it to our head, and consider ourselves fortunate to be the 5%. Should there have been any confusion, recall that this man is The Genius. And if he’s going to take time out of his busy and important life to fulfill the Christmas wishes of a small room of dedicated fans, well THANK YOU Mr. Grice. You have my admiration, respect, and loyalty.

12-15 Santa Barbara, CA: I needed the re-acclimation to a proper climate, so this additional RZA show in southern California enabled a perfect five-day sandwich…100% organic and vegetarian, of course…this show gave me additional pleasure and insight. Amidst the animosity and vitriol being expressed in the community, I think back to one of his greatest poems…”Sunshower”…peace to the Gods.

PEACE TO DIRTY. Go honor him by seeing the crew when they come to your town. They’re his brothers, and if he were here there would not be another quarreling word. Don’t forget that you too have the ability to help make things good. If you put the positive energy out there, it will be returned…and that’s the way that it has always worked.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

jesus, how the fuck did you see all those shows. are you some kind of wu roadie.

still, you're a lucky bastard to see such great performances.

Banned

wow dude. you must have a lot of time and money. i envy you.

or you're a journalist, maybe.

I'm a little bit of a "Wu rodie" I guess when all of them are in FL... I would only have to drive an hour away to watch them in Miami, but I've also driven over 3 hours away to Orlando to watch them a few times. If they all together, and I got the loot, I'll make time to see Wu anywhere in FL.

smoke in your eye

sucks not being able 2 smoke at shows anymore.
    i saw pfunk at the house of blues in sept & secruity was bouncing cats 4 smoking squares. here i am trying 2 blaze my burners saying 2 myself i'm not getting thrown out of a $45 show 10 minutes in. After a while George requested a hit off somebody blunt down front 2 which mad people threw shit on stage. After that there were 2 many of us burning for the 2 or 3 punkass secruity guards to throw out.

anyway i would still go if Rza wasnt there

Banned

Potheads need to start getting more serious about getting the laws changed. This shit is completely unacceptable. Support NORML, for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    What tour was this? I heard about it, was it that live?
    Aug 07 I grabbed the meet and great tickets 4 Rock the bells In Detroit ... rage was a no show(no one gave a fuck) so wu-tang was the headliner... all members showed signed autographs took pictures ( I got one with cappadonna holding his big ass chain with me) the whole show was buggin with energy .. when Dirtys son did shimmy shimmy ya(screams like his dad and acts like he just hit the pipe) I had to punch someone in the mouf.... also got 2 c method man in toronto (Sept 07) and mef brang out another son of Dirtys to say some shit on a dirty tribute mef had 4 him ... so I'm not sure how many kids Osirus had but I seen 2 in a couple months...