Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The likes of Soulja Boy, Birdman etc are not hip-hop and should not be labelled as so

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    birdman makes R&B? lmao closest i ever heard him do a girl song is that joint off the Big Tymers album called Gangsta Girl
    OMG! I'm not talking about "Rhythim & Blues". I'm talking about "Rap & Bullshit". If you listen to Wu-Tang's "Forever" second CD intro, you'll understand what they mean by R&B rap. It has nothing to do with singing. If that was the case, ODB would be one, but he is not.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Nope its definately hip hop
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    LOL@CRDS saying there's no skill in being a retarded loser and writing your name on your sunglasses hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Is that what Soulja Boy did? I believe wack rappers will fade away too. Look at how popular Nelly and Ja Rule were when they came out. Now nobody listens to them anymore except their loyal fans. LOL@Nelly's new song hahahahahahahahahaha. I saw his shitty new video a few weeks ago. Why the fuck is Nelly doing this corny shit now? I ain't gonna front. When Country Grammer song first came out, i was liking that. His first album is decent. Every album he's done after his first has been wack. LOL@Nelly naming his last album Sweat Suit hahahahahahahahahaha. That's a gay album title.
    Can you say wack faggot?

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    Nope its definately hip hop
    No, it is not.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    OMG! I'm not talking about "Rhythim & Blues". I'm talking about "Rap & Bullshit". If you listen to Wu-Tang's "Forever" second CD intro, you'll understand what they mean by R&B rap. It has nothing to do with singing. If that was the case, ODB would be one, but he is not.
    .......... someone close this thread

Veteran Member

Why make all this fuss if y'all know their music ain't real hip hop. Just LET the trl teeny boppers get all wild n wet over soulja boy, n we'll stick with our real hip hop!

END OF THREAD

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    No, it is not.
    Yes it is. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there should be a new genre invented to declassify it from hip hop to somthing else.

Soulja boy et al are all part of the same socio culture and that culture is known as hip hop.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

I AM HIPHOP

brothers check this thread http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47922

Due to their lack of knowledge about the whole of Hip Hop culture, many of our world's youth are mistaken in thinking that activities such as: smoking blunts, drinking 40's, wearing a designer label plastered across their chest, carrying a gun, or going to strip clubs, are "Hip Hop". Hip Hop is being portrayed negatively by many artists who work in the element of Rap (emceeing), and this negativity is usually instigated and promoted by the record industry and various other corporations who exploit the culture at the expense of the youth's state of mind and morality. The Universal Zulu Nation believes there is a difference in speaking out about negativity (activism) and promoting it as a desirable lifestyle. Gangsters, pimps, playas, hustlers, niggers, spics, and many other derogatory words once used against us are now self employed in our everyday vocabulary. Our ancestors who have fought and died trying to free us from these sicknesses and slave mentality are probably turning over in their graves! Bambaataa asks you to just think about this, "How in the hell did we turn from gods to dogs?"

Afrika Bambaataa encourages you to do more research about our story, his/her-story, and what you think is your mystery is actually your history. Where are our Hip Hop thinkers, lawyers, holistic doctors, scientists, agriculturalists/herbalists, revolutionaries, politicians, judges, researchers, teachers, police, army, accountants, anthropologists, etc. Where is our own Hip Hop Museum? Many talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Many straight out sell-out to the liberation of our people as well as to all humans on the planet so called Earth! He also encourages you to do research on any Hip Hop organization that deals with consciousness and the upliftment of all people. To all those who purposely make up your own history and lie about the culture- DO YOUR RESEARCH!
    not every chinese person is a shaolin
    not every muslim is a terrorist
    and not every "playa" is a hiphoppa

the only category that can be unanimously described is white people, they are all devils
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55138
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54919
    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.

::yawn::

i think they are like 3 or 4 different subgenres

lil jon type hit is crunk (hence the titles being king of crunk; and crunk juice to his cds)

d4l and dem franchize boys are snap music (snap yo fingers, lean wit it rock wit it)

and soulja boy is crank dat music (crank dat batman, 360, all the other gay dances that have been invented since it)

birdman i consider a rapper tho, just a really wack 1

^i disagree

i think it's all rap, and just like any genre there's good songs, and bad songs

i'll stick to Das EfX, Nas, IAM from Marseille and offcourse allmighty Wu-Tang Clan.

fuck that pop shit

LoL... Das EfX still rhyme?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by begongo View Post
    brothers check this thread http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47922

not every chinese person is a shaolin
    not every muslim is a terrorist
    and not every "playa" is a hiphoppa

the only category that can be unanimously described is white people, they are all devils
    real talk.
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

Intelligent thread.