Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The likes of Soulja Boy, Birdman etc are not hip-hop and should not be labelled as so

Hip-Hop heads know this shit aint Hip-Hop, just mutated clone brainwash rap. I've never met any of these half-assed so called Hip-Hop artists so what I want to know is... Do these garbage ass rappers really think they are Hip-Hop? Or do they just accept that title because they want a "Hip-Hop Award", and tv and radio programming are looking for so called "Hip-Hop"? I mean, they have to know the difference, right? Soulja Boy, D4L, etc... They must be aware that they are just bubble-gum gimmicks and aren't Hip-Hop artists... Right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMASSIVE View Post
    Hip-Hop heads know this shit aint Hip-Hop, just mutated clone brainwash rap. I've never met any of these half-assed so called Hip-Hop artists so what I want to know is... Do these garbage ass rappers really think they are Hip-Hop? Or do they just accept that title because they want a "Hip-Hop Award", and tv and radio programming are looking for so called "Hip-Hop"? I mean, they have to know the difference, right? Soulja Boy, D4L, etc... They must be aware that they are just bubble-gum gimmicks and aren't Hip-Hop artists... Right?
    of course they know theyre bubble gum gimmick lol did any of u read that interview where Chingy said he grew up listning to Rae and Ghost? or the one with D4L said they have too much respect for Rae and Ghost to talk about them after Ghost was constantly sonning them even in their hometown?

i dont like any of them but i aint gonna hate on them, i applaud em as black men gettin their money the legal way and makin enough money to support their families the right way, i jus dont listen to any of their songs lol it aint my cup of tea but to each his own other ppl do like it

smh @ tgambino getting so mad because his not getting net lolz.

The thing is, I don't have a problem at all with club music, 'cause I don't wanna be listining to lyrical shit like Wu-Tang or other shit when I'm at a party. But the thing is to me is that club music should STAY IN THE CLUB! We need more positive songs and such on the radio, not songs that talk 'bout supermaning hoe's and talk about how much money they got.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Max Munch View Post
    I consider those fools POP-Rappers.. they have little to no association with true Hip Hop culture.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Bg_Knocc_Out View Post
    The thing is, I don't have a problem at all with club music, 'cause I don't wanna be listining to lyrical shit like Wu-Tang or other shit when I'm at a party. But the thing is to me is that club music should STAY IN THE CLUB! We need more positive songs and such on the radio, not songs that talk 'bout supermaning hoe's and talk about how much money they got.
    yea its important 2 have a balance

There's balance, and their fucking corny.

a lot of this shit is just fucking Corny.

look at Wreck N Effect Rumpshaker...PERFECT balance, shit was fly, you could dance to it, it was fun, and wasn't geared for 12 yr old girls.

Hip Hop Hooray by Naughty By Nature

Ice Cream by Wu-tang.

i have no problem with Soulja boy, he's a little kid making music for little kids that adults happen to like, people have fun with his music, it makes people happy, and a young black man is getting rich of white people trying to dance..so it's all good.

im not going to consider it another genre though, it's rap, period.

I'm just going to classify it under "songs that aren't my style" and move on with my life because it will never be as deep as the internet forum champions want it to be.

crunk is 4 faggots

Damn souljah boy is a disgrace to music period.

ain't nothing change but the address...

I find it hard to take anyone who actually purchases an album from a rapper like this serious. If you dance to it in the club, that's cool. Anyone who actually buys it though, I gotta question your intelligence, or at least your motivation to become more intelligent. Anyone who don't seek intelligence everyday is a waste of human life in a way. I can't tell you how many people (who listen to this pop rap shit) i've played Wu Tang for, and they say shit like, "what does this or that mean" When I tell them, instead of being appreciative of the knowledge they just recieved, they are bothered by the process of having to think. Shit is just sad! The percentage of people (especially here in the U.S.) who are just stupid (and perfectly fine with being stupid) is really amazing if you think, about it. Ignorant people like nursery rhyme rap, and that's what Soulja Boy gives them.

{>____<}

"They're R&B rap boys"-by GZA/Genius
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

he is hip hop
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    he is hip hop
    No, he is not. He's an R&B rap boy. There's a BIG difference b/w a real hip-hop artist and someone that is an R&B rapper.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    No, he is not. He's an R&B rap boy. There's a BIG difference b/w a real hip-hop artist and someone that is an R&B rapper.
    birdman makes R&B? lmao closest i ever heard him do a girl song is that joint off the Big Tymers album called Gangsta Girl

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    of course they know theyre bubble gum gimmick lol did any of u read that interview where Chingy said he grew up listning to Rae and Ghost? or the one with D4L said they have too much respect for Rae and Ghost to talk about them after Ghost was constantly sonning them even in their hometown?
    Interesting, I never knew they even responded to the whole Ghost calling them out on stage thing. I would like to see that shit on YouTube or something. Did you read this in interviews?