Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KRS One - Maximum Strength

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I lied. I don't have this album because it never came out LOL. I made up the tracklisting.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I'm sorry i lied ya'll but i really wish his album would've been released and i wish it would've had that tracklisting LOL. From what i read, KRS scrapped the album because he said he didn't like the way it sounded. He was gonna have Puff Daddy on the album i read also and KRS said he knew he was gonna piss off his fans because of that but he said he didn't care because he liked the collabo he did with Puff Daddy on Step Into A World remix. I also think KRS was having problems with Jive records at the time when this album was supposed to come out so that's probably another reason it wasn't released. The album cover picture i saw for Maximum Strength, Jive records bitch asses used that album cover picture for his greatest hits album.
    jesus christ, this janitor is retarded.

lol @ lying for absolutely NO REASON
    We do it for the people.

FRESH FISH

well this did eventually come out but not in the form stated on wikipedia, just another KRS album with no name producers doin all the beats, its okay, nthing particularly great, KRS needs to hook up with Madlib or 9th Wonder or some shit, ditch these no name cats.

I just read his album with true master is out on the 31st of Aug, good news.

^ yeah but they are two totally different albums. KRS completed an album he called "Maximum Strength" or "Maximum Strike" in late 1998 and possibly continued to record songs for it a while more. he released the single "5 Boroughs"/"Temple Tactics" from it and spoke on the album featuring production from himself, Domingo, Wyclef, Showbiz and Puffy's Hitmen in interviews. as CharlesJones said the original cover was supposed to be what Jive instead used for his greatest hits album.

In 2008 he was supposed to finnaly release said shelved album and even released the 15 song tracklist for it. He either couldn't get the legal thing sorted out or didn't wanna release old material cuz at the last minute he announced the release to be "Maximum Strength 2008" instead with all new songs. this is the release you're talking about and it's alright but nothing like the joints that i've collected from the 1998-1999 sessions.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

Claaa7, how come you didn't respond to my pm message? I want you to download and burn me some albums and i'll pay you. I want those KRS songs you got from 1998-1999 that were gonna be on Maximum Strength album that Jive records should've released.

^ i haven't responded to it yet bc i've been thinking about it but it's a real fucking project for me to do and the cash ain't all that. 50 is way too many to start with either way. i might do 10 to start with, we can talk about that. i know you like alot of the shit i bang so i would like to hook you up with a few of my compilations on burned CD it's just that it's a project you'know.

do you don't got 1 single friend in this world that can burn a CD for you man (no dis intended)?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

Since you gotta come at me like that acting like you got a attitude, then forget it.

lol i ain't trying to diss you seriously, i just find it a bit strange we're in 2010 and you don't got anyone that can burn a CD for you.

-

There's this guy that i met online at a rap music website called Rapmusic.com and i got him to download and burn me a bunch of cd's. But now that he has 2 jobs, he takes forever to email me when i email him and he takes forever to send my cd's. So i don't wanna do business with him anymore. He has the nerve to get a attitude with me when i ask about my cd's when i'm the one that's paying him. I appreciate all the music he's burned for me because a lot of the stuff he sent me is outta print at the record stores. If i had my own computer and i knew how to download music, i wouldn't be asking people to download and burn me some music.

Claaa7, if you wanna burn me 10 cd's at a time, i don't have a problem with that. I know 50 cd's is a lot but all i ask if you're gonna help me is that you keep in touch with me to let me know when you're gonna send all my cd's to me. That's all i ask. The guy who used to burn me cd's wouldn't even keep in touch with me to let me know when he was gonna send them and that's what got me upset since like i said i'm paying him. I've never met the guy before. So i have a right to ask him when he's gonna send my stuff without him getting pissed off.

-

KRS has a new album called Back To The L.A.B. that i saw at Amazon.com but it only has 6 songs on it. I wonder why he would do a ep instead of a full length album. Has anybody heard it?