Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #1 Thing Missing from this Album easily is...

Default #1 Thing Missing from this Album easily is...

a joint with all the members on it. Ya had protect ya neck, Triumph, The Jump Off, and Pinky Ringz. I know they made Watch ya Mouth which wasn't cleared b/c of sample issues but why didn't RZA lace a new beat? This is just weird to me, I mean, this even makes this album seem less unified. Every album until this one had a lead single and video of all/most of the clan on 1 track. This I think hurt the sales and also just left the album seem incomplete. I like the album but again, it seems its missing this especially...
    Last edited by djthieves; 12-22-2007 at 06:18 PM.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

left the album seem uncomplete?hell no, the album could be better, but a posse cut wouldn't help the sales or the album....especially not Watch Your Mouth....doesn't belong to the album anyway ( same with Starter )
    bring back begongo!!

...among other things
    Christianity = White Supremacy

But they've always had a posse cut...and it was always their first single off the album. Why change that on possibly their last album?

Veteran Member

wondered myself why RZA couldnt put a new beat over the vocals

closest thing you have on 8D is Windmill, which is definately Forever-style in its format.

Agreed. Watch Your Mouth had me excited for a minute. Life Changes misses Ghostface which is mind boggling to me.

The posse cut was definitely need.

I can't wait to read or see some post release interviews with the RZA. See what he's gonna say.
    It's been twenty-two long hard years of still strugglin
    Survival got me buggin, but I'm alive on arrival
    I peep at the shape of the streets
    And stay awake to the ways of the world cause shit is deep.

-Inspectah Deck

Veteran Member

only posse cuts to ever feature all them (excluding ODB since his death and the addition of Capp as tha 9th) are Triumph and Jump Off. Windmill and Life Changes is the closest you will get to it since they both feature at least 6 or 7 mcs

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Life Changes was supposed to be that song (and fittingly so)..

but Ghost didn't get on the album til "the 9th inning" for whatever reason so....he ain't on it..

Quote Originally Posted by Not Frontin View Post
    Agreed. Watch Your Mouth had me excited for a minute. Life Changes misses Ghostface which is mind boggling to me.

The posse cut was definitely need.

I can't wait to read or see some post release interviews with the RZA. See what he's gonna say.
    i feel the same way dunn....

they aint even rhyming on the album shit man..only nice flows on 8D is Masta killa and ghost...the rest of them sound sappy as shit sunn.

Where the fuck is Voltron?

My eyes the vision, memory is the film.."

Quote Originally Posted by djthieves View Post
    a joint with all the members on it. Ya had protect ya neck, Triumph, The Jump Off, and Pinky Ringz. I know they made Watch ya Mouth which wasn't cleared b/c of sample issues but why didn't RZA lace a new beat? This is just weird to me, I mean, this even makes this album seem less unified. Every album until this one had a lead single and video of all/most of the clan on 1 track. This I think hurt the sales and also just left the album seem incomplete. I like the album but again, it seems its missing this especially...
    non of those joints had all the members

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

Totally agree!! Need that posse song! At least one! Watch ur mouth was aiight! But that wasn't it. They should've made a posse joint happen no matter what. IMO 8D iz just a bump in the road of some of the clans members solo careers. The past 2 clan albums (IF & 8D) sound like it was an inconvenience for the members. You just don't feel the unity like you felt on 36 chamb. wu4ever and The W. I think if the clan has plans on makin another group album they should take notes from Cilvaringz! His album? (excuse my lang.) But now thatz how the fuck you do a wu-album! The unity and the cohesion on Cilvaringz album is amazing and i think thatz whats missing in 99% of all wu music today! Cilva hit the nail on the head with his album tho! I love that shit!
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

Alright, let me rephrase it. They need a cut with "almost all of them" on it like Protect ya neck, Triumph, The jump off, Pinky Ringz. The cut had to be hype, all of these past posse cuts were hype. They'd just pass the mic around like an old school cypher. That's what was missing. Windmill, Life changes weren't that "hey, we just released an album, and we 'bout to slap you with this cut right here". Even if the average rap fan or whoever wasn't a Wu fan they'd at least "hear" their first single b/c it was most of them on it (what other group has 6-9 mcs on a cut) and it was a hype type track. All of the past posse cuts were also classics in their own right...

well, life changes did have almost all of them. they were only missing ghostface. but this isnt a situation where ghostface was in jail, dead, or not a part of the group at the time of the recording. dude just decided not to participate.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

I'm just glad they left Cappadonna to a minimum. He is his worst on 8D (and thats saying something!)

just a lil bit odb -

no posse song-

BUT STILL WU !!!