Thread: How was the Hollywood show?

Default How was the Hollywood show?

I wanted to go, but wasnt gonna sepnd 75 for tickets did anyone else go?

It was CRAZY man!!

They opened the gate at 9, but the actual concert didn't start until 12.
    go figure. i think wu were late or they were smoking weed to get high.

i was getting kinda frustrated because i had to wait THREE hours.
    since it was my first wu concert, i was very excited

but when they finally came out at 12, people start going crazy

it was a crazy show

all wu memebers were there except RZA. Cappadonna and Streelife were there too.

The concert ended at 2:00, but i waited another 20 minutes to get authographs from Wu's.

I got to see everyone REALLy close, i talked to them a little bit too, and i got autographs from GZA and Deck.
    (Raekwon is like literally 5'6")

I could've gotten autographs from all wu memebers but i just didn't haha

but i took a picture with my favorite wu inspectah deck and that was really crazy

wuswordz95

ohh damn! you make me fell regret for not going to their concert. wtf wasnt rza there? he lives in cali. a show ending at 2 instead of 1245 is well worth it.

This is my 8th time seeing wu and on a scale of 1 - 10 it was an 8. only complaints
    No RZA
    No new songs.
    During 70 percent of the show Masta killa Ugod Rae and sometimes GZA stood at the back of the stage just chilin and kinda half assin the lyrics by their body language you could DEFINETLY tell there was a divide between the clan
    Plus factors:
    METH IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!
    i forget what song he went from stage diving to standing on the rail with security holding his legs to crowd serfing while still nailing his verse to getting with the help of fans to the side railing then crowd serfing all the way through the crowd and finishing his verse as he gets back to stage!!!! All the while his performance was on point.

Other foot note. During Cream meth asked the crowd to pull a doller out and wave it in the air during the song. During the song we all started throwing the dollers up on stage WELLL broke ass capadonna started collecting all the dollers on by one!!!!!!!

All in all Meth held it down Cap is a fool Street life was at the front of the stage the whole time and held it down Rae held it down as well as did ghost and Deck but the rest were so so

STILL THEY ARE THE GREATEST GROUP OF ALL TIME AND THEY FUCKIN KILL IT EVERY TIME

are these shows 18+ or 21+

miha

Short-handed Wu-Tang Clan keep energy crackling

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The still-enormously popular Wu-Tang Clan stormed the West Hollywood House of Blues on Sunday like conquering hip-hop heroes. Problem was, they were a man short -- make that two.
    But the high-wattage energy level in this 90-minute set was maintained principally because of the group's huge membership. An ever-evolving crew that included Ghostface Killah, U-God, Method Man, GZA, Inspectah Deck, Cappadonna, Raekwon the Chef, Masta Killa and RZA recently released "8 Diagrams," a well-crafted collection that saw precious airtime during the evening.
    Wu-Tang relied on a deep catalog of heavy-hitting singles that began with its anthem "Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing ta F' Wit," an appropriate opener that helped sustain the group's energy all night. Conspicuously missing was RZA, the acknowledged musical director of the group. As the set roared on, shouts of "Where's RZA?" amplified, but no explanation was forthcoming. Similarly missed was "The Heart Gently Weeps," a brutal depiction of the inevitable violence that seems to be inextricably tied to the hip-hop culture. It borrows the track from George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."
    Method Man is the most comfortable of the MCs onstage. He commandeered the microphone throughout the evening, sprayed bottled water, dove repeatedly into a mosh pit and then had the audacity -- not to mention trust -- to have the audience hold him upright as he rapped. It's a tried-and-true hype "method," and it worked again.
    Method Man then launched into a lengthy tribute to the dearly departed clown prince of Wu-Tang, Ol' Dirty Bastard, who died of an drug overdose in 2004 after quite the tumultuous life that featured high-profile jail time, police chases and several classic hip-hop hits, including "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" and "Protect Ya Neck."
    About three-quarters into the set, the energy level took a dip as Raekwon launched into a monologue on how the group has been misunderstood. It's hard to agree, what with the crowd's adoration at ear-splitting levels. One element that Wu-Tang Clan has is an eerie, choirlike quality; whether planned or not, such an untapped element should be explored more. Where you at, RZA?
    Wu-Tang Clan needs to improve its endgame. The concert finished with Method Man puffing a joint handed to him. Then everyone just sauntered offstage, leaving the sold-out audience without a chance to applaud or request an encore. Can you say "awkward exit?"
    Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

source-reuters

I should have went. *facepalms*

wuswordz95

it sold out. wow.

it was 18+