View Poll Results: Agree of Disagree

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

3 25.00%
  • Disagree

9 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAMMY SOSA...The real HR. King of our ERA!!!!

Default SAMMY SOSA...The real HR. King of our ERA!!!!

With Bonds and Big MAc shut down due to the Mitchell Report...That only means that Sosa is pretty much the man now. Only player in history to hit over 60 HR. 3X's and all sort of other records. Go Sammy Dominican POWER!!!!!

REad this:

Sammy Sosa escapes Mitchell Report
    Ryan Jaster @ 1:43 p.m.

For a guy whose name is always listed among the suspected steroid abusers, former Cubs slugger Sammy Sosa has never been directly linked to a scandal. No failed tests. No BALCO. No shady clinics in Florida. No checks to clubhouse attendants moonlighting as drug dealers. No paper trail whatsoever.

Even Jose Canseco had nothing but speculation on Sosa in "Juiced."

And now you can add "No Mitchell Report" to that list.

Sure, his name is in there. Once. On the 133rd page of the 409-page pdf document on our site. And it's only in a reference that he was among several players whose lawyers received questionnaires that were not returned. As is almost always the case with many of the allegations, the names of Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Rafael Palmeiro and Gary Sheffield were listed alongside Sosa's.

But they've all been linked directly to steroids in one way or another. Sosa hasn't.

You can call Sosa a cheater. He is. He used a corked bat. You can keep him out of the Hall of Fame for that if you so choose, but not for steroids.

Sosa just hit 21 home runs for the Texas Rangers on top of 92 RBIs in what eventually became a part-time role in an allegedly "steroid-clear" era. A far cry from his three seasons of 60-plus in four years, no doubt. But he's also 38. In those seasons he was in his peak years between age 29 and 32. His 609 homers puts him in a club with only Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth and Willie Mays. And of course Bonds*. A Hall of Fame number for anyone not of this era. Yet it still sounds like he might get the McGwire treatment.

You can criticize Sosa's performance in front of Congress if you like. But I have never understood why he took heat for speaking his native language. If I had to talk to a foreign government I'd certainly speak English, no matter how many years of Spanish classes I might have taken.

It's time to take Sosa out of the shadow of steroids suspicion.

And anyone who thinks otherwise needs to do some investigating and deliver the proof.

Here's the full excerpt referencing Sosa from the Mitchell Report:

"During the course of this investigation, we interviewed a number of coaches, club personnel, former teammates, and other persons who know McGwire. Only Canseco, who repeated the allegations from his memoir, said he had knowledge of McGwire's alleged use of steroids. Through his personal lawyer, I asked McGwire to meet with me for an interview about these issues, but he declined to do so. I then sent his lawyer a list of specific questions about whether McGwire had ever used steroids or other performance enhancing substances without a prescription during his major league career, in the hope that McGwire would be willing to provide a response outside of the context of an interview. Neither McGwire nor his lawyer responded to that letter. (I sent similar letters with specific questions to lawyers for Barry Bonds, Rafael Palmeiro, Sammy Sosa, and Gary Sheffield, none of whom provided answers to my questions either)."

Banned

Sosa was named in the report I thought?? Either way, who knows how many homeruns he hit with a corked bat. Its still cheating, just like throwing a spitball.

Ruth and Aaron are still the kings in my opinion. The Babe hit 60 back in the 20's and in less games.

JRoll

Yah fuck bonds Aaron still holds the true record in my mind

Bonds is the King of the Steroid Era..

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Sosa was named in the report I thought?? Either way, who knows how many homeruns he hit with a corked bat. Its still cheating, just like throwing a spitball.

Ruth and Aaron are still the kings in my opinion. The Babe hit 60 back in the 20's and in less games.
    Yes it was mentioned, but he was not one of the accused!!!
    For a guy whose name is always listed among the suspected steroid abusers, former Cubs slugger Sammy Sosa has never been directly linked to a scandal. No failed tests. No BALCO. No shady clinics in Florida. No checks to clubhouse attendants moonlighting as drug dealers. No paper trail whatsoever.

And I am talking our ERA... I am pretty sure you were not around during the babe and Aaron.

Sosa is definately the king of the modern day era... It will soon by A-rod...but not know..

Dominicans are running this baseball shit nowadays. WHAT!!!!
    Last edited by 12weLvE; 12-31-2007 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectahChek View Post

Dominicans are running this baseball shit nowadays. WHAT!!!!
    woah woah woah
    hold up buddy

yes..okay... dominicans are running the game
    coz when i went to dominican all dem cats there play nothin else but baseball
    (from a very young age might i add)
    BUT
    japan is givin yall tuff competition....i dont want to hear any hate or whatever coz theres nuff japanese in the mlb (not as much as dominicans tho) that have madd talent
    but i live in japan and the kids here pitch maaaad fire!! and know the game inside out
    baseball is japans #1 sport ,
    soccer/football is an up and coming game here along with basketball and volleyball

oh yeah i cant forget korea theres madd talent in korea too
    they just havnt exported many of their good players

none the less props to sosa

peace

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Banned

Home run king of our ERA???

I guess A Rod...I always hated Bonds. Never Cared for Sosa or McGwire.
    I'm an Indians fan so Albert Belle and Jim Thome were my boys.

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    woah woah woah
    hold up buddy

yes..okay... dominicans are running the game
    coz when i went to dominican all dem cats there play nothin else but baseball
    (from a very young age might i add)
    BUT
    japan is givin yall tuff competition....i dont want to hear any hate or whatever coz theres nuff japanese in the mlb (not as much as dominicans tho) that have madd talent
    but i live in japan and the kids here pitch maaaad fire!! and know the game inside out
    baseball is japans #1 sport ,
    soccer/football is an up and coming game here along with basketball and volleyball

oh yeah i cant forget korea theres madd talent in korea too
    they just havnt exported many of their good players

none the less props to sosa

peace
    YEAH YEAH no doubt ma brother...The Orientals are definately doing their thing.

Banned

orientals is not the appropriate term. show some respect.

JRoll

Who gives a shit? If your a good ballplayer the fuck does it matter your skin or nationality?

i was watchin mythbusters online
    and they did a baseball special and they did a test to see if using a corked bat
    does give a person the advantage...they did the test and they found that its harder to
    hit the ball with a corked bat, coz the inside is hollow and theres nothing that absorbs the shock (plus a corked bat is lighter than a non corked bat). In addition, the mythbusters conclude that a batter has better results using a non corked bat than a batter using a corked bat....so pretty much sammy sosa was suspended for nothing
    no matter how hard you wit the ball you will get more distance using a non corked bat

true story

Non Ignorants

^^Interestig...

JRoll

That's new.

Wow i cant believe that poll looks like this. There is enought evidence that proves SOSA is number 1. I am curious to know who the people who voted no think the real HR king is??

its not a big poll
    you lookin at 10 people who voted in total

i think the ppl who voted no did so probably because of the corked bat incident
    but as i mentioned a corked bat gives a player a huge disadvantage

Non Ignorants