Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***NFL Wild Card Weekend Thread***

Default ***NFL Wild Card Weekend Thread***

Saturday, 4:30 PM. NBC.
    Washington Redskins @ Seattle Seahawks.

This will be a rematch of the 2005 Divisional Round that the Seahawks took. The Seahawks have a potent offense, and Hasslebeck is good in getting the ball out to all his different recievers. Even with Deion Branch missing the final week of the season, Bobby Engram and Nate Burleson have provided Hasslebeck all the reliable hands he needs out on the field. The Redskins on the other hand have had yet another one of those late-aged Gibbs type seasons. The media in Washington was questioning him all year once again, but after winning every game since Sean Taylor's funureal it seems all is well in D.C. Jason Campbell may be out, but Todd Collins has sparked this offense. With his veteran leadership, this offense looks like it now has a direction. Clinton Portis and Lidell Betts are pounding the rock up the middle and causing trouble for defenses as usual. Seattle's defense is looking suspect, especially after giving up 44 in a Week 17 loss to Atlanta where Holmgren left the defense in all game. The Redskin defense on the other hand is looking sharp and I look for it to be key in this game.

Prediction: Redskins 24, Seahawks 21.

Saturday, 8 PM. NBC.
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Pittsburgh Steelers.

Another game of teams going in opposite directions. The Steelers just don't remind me of that Super Bowl team anymore. Ben Rotheslberger is hurt, and he hasn't been consistent this year. Willie Parker is gone and those backups don't look capable of carrying the load. The defense has been good, but this game is a rematch of the Week 15 29-22 Jaguar win. The Jags dominated that game with solid running and defense. This Jaguar team reminds me more of that 2005 Steeler team than the 2007 Steelers do. They're quick on defense and cause turnovers. And David Garrad just doesn't make mistakes. This game will be close again. I think it'll be hard fought. Hard-hitting and a battle in the turnover department. I can see the Jaguars picking Ben off a few times, and even causing some fumbles. Even though Pittsburgh shows up, I think they die out in the 4th quarter.

Prediction: Jaguars 30, Steelers 17.

Sunday, 1 PM. FOX.
    New York Giants @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Smash mouth football right here. You're going to see a lot of running and a lot of hitting in this game. Jon Gruden is one of the finest coaches you will ever find in the NFL. He will have this Tampa Bay team ready for this game. Gruden's going to focus on making Eli's day a living hell. I expect corner blitzes, zone blitzes and all-out blitzes on Eli all day. I expect a lot of spying to put Eli in bad positions to throw the ball in desired spots where Ronde can come pick it off and scoot in for a quick 6. With that said.. I see an older defense when I look at Tampa Bay. I don't see the quickness as I did in 2002. I see Eli making the moves and making a few big plays. I see Jacobs and Bradshaw making the big runs and moving us down field. I see the Giants opening it up a little bit on Tampa and going deep. The Giants are going to put points up and Tampa can't match them. The Giants defense is solid right now and can shut down the Tampa offense all game. This game could be a complete blow-out.

Prediction: Giants 34, Bucs 14.

Sunday, 4:30 PM. CBS.
    Tennessee Titans @ San Diego Chargers.

It's hard to believe the San Diego Chargers started the year at 1-3. Few thought they were going to not even make the playoffs. Dumb fucks. The Chargers are the 3rd seed and have added the skilled hands of Chris Chambers. L.T. is feasting on defenses once again and is ready to do the same to Tennessee. The Titans have a young quarterback that I think is good for 1/2 picks a game. I don't think he can lead this team to this big of an upset. Phillip Rivers has the options now to get the ball downfield and has been looking better over the past few weeks. Handing the ball off is all he should be doing in this game. If Vince Young can step up, this could be an interesting game. I'm not sure if Vince even plays, he went out tonight in the finale vs Indi, but his status for the playoffs is unknown. Whoever it be, Collins or Young, a good start from them could keep them in this game until the end.. where anything can happen. But I see L.T. taking charge and moving his team for points on most drives.

Prediction: Titans 23, Chargers 41.

Jacksonville/Pittsburgh game is the game I'm anticipating the most.

Redskins, Jaguars, Bucs, and Chargers.

P.E.A.C.E.

Chargers - 41? On Tennessee? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by ERICHWV View Post

i dont think tennessee is going to win and it wont be close

redskins, giants, jags, chargers

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    i dont think tennessee is going to win and it wont be close
    Your entitled to your opinion. (even if it's wrong)

Sayin ANY TEAM in the NFL will put 41 points on Tennessee in a playoff game, with a mediocre QB and TERRIBLE pass blocking is ridiculous.

Phillip Rivers don't want none this sunday!

Can't wait to see my Jags play a tough game against the Steelers. I really hope they go to Pitts again and play tough Jaguar football and come away with the win.

Quote Originally Posted by ERICHWV View Post
    Congrats on your boys sneaking into the playoffs. It's going to be a tough game.

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Finally this is what football fans been waiting for. I'll be rooting for my Giants to win and enjoy the rest of the other games.

Giants, Seahawks, Jags and Chargers will come out the winners. But I do hope the Seahawks lose so the Giants will go to Greenbay instead of Dallas.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Damn!! I'm not used to seeing people respect the Jags. This is fucking weird yo.

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurupt_kw View Post
    Damn!! I'm not used to seeing people respect the Jags. This is fucking weird yo.
    Originally I would have picked the Steelers but they got injuries and they havent been playing that well.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus View Post
    Originally I would have picked the Steelers but they got injuries and they havent been playing that well.
    Even if they where healthy I wouldn't think it mattered, their running game is too strong, even for the Steelers D, and the D will be too much for Roethlisberger to overcome,

Support the Real. Click HERE

Quote Originally Posted by kurupt_kw View Post
    Yaeh, the Jags are nice as hell. You better hope we lose though, cuz the lowest seed left will go to New England to be slaughtered! It's all I can hope for though, so bring em on!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I'll go with the Redskins, I like the Jags and The Steelers both that's gonna be though, I hate the Giants but they look like they gonna advance, and I'll take the Chargers since they looking better.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.