Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portland New Year's Eve Questions

wuswordz95

those you tube videos are really good. they have great sound quality

Default Show was live, but where was RZA?

The show was fire, I got there at the end of that crazy ass chicks set before cool nutz came on and as usal stunk the joint up. You could not understand a damn thing he was saying. This was the third best Wu show I have been too, because of sevral negatives, but the crowd was hype and the clan was on point.

The mics going out in the middle of triumph was wack, but the clan recovered like pros passing around the one working mic while the crowd filled in the words that they missed....

Shimmy Shimmy was allright, about half the crowd knew the words, but It felt like I was the only one singing Brooklyn Zoo.....

On the Rockwilder only about 20 people besides me knew Reds verse.....

I went down to smoke before the clan came on and I had to push my way through security to get in because the fire marshall said upstairs was over capacity, me and my boy cut through the crowd and were the first people in, but we missed three full songs including WTC Aint Nothin To Fuck With which really pissed me off....

Where the hell was Rza, his not being there made me actually start to believe that the Clan may record an album without him, which judging by 8 Diagrams might not be a bad idea.....

They did not do any songs from the new album, which lends credence to the rumors the Clan does not like the new album.....

So anyways anyone who can answer my question about where the hell was RZA and why he was not there would be appreciated, also was he in Seattle??????

Wu-Tang Forever - One Blood Under W

Oh yeah, and fuck the Ducks hat go Beavers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by meftical; 01-04-2008 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meftical View Post
    Oh yeah, and fuck the Ducks hat go Beavers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haha I feel the hate bro. Regardless of the school, I thought it was sick as hell how he repped Oregon as a STATE. Judging by the crowd's reaction to it, I wasn't the only one who thought so.

As for the RZA not being there, I read that he cited his "solo tour" for not being on the tour. Somethin' I did see that I thought was kind of interesting was that at the merch booth, they were sellin' Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang t-shirts. Anyone else catch those? I didn't cop one, but I did see that they were sellin' those, some 8 diagrams shirts, some Wu-Invincible shirts, and a black Hoodie with a Wu logo on it.

yeah wish rza was there,if he was there i would change my feelings for it.
    shaolin vs wu tang shit i seen that also, they had a shirt with the wu tang logo next to logo 3 people running and under those hip hop in bold letters, so would say "wu tang runs hip hop" and also a shirt with a photo of odb and method man on it, sayed "dirty mef" above there photo, then the back was a quote saying " we are not going to mourn odbs death. we are going to celebrate his life! " 30$ a shirt, i think 60 for the hoodie, 20 for a beanie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooty P View Post
    SOME MOMENTS I CAN RAIL OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD:

overall:
    *so many classics i couldn't handle it, tracks from liquid swords, ob4cl, 36 chambers, ironman, forever...ahhhhh!
    *EVERYONE so on point but especially meth, ghost, rae, and masta.
    *such fly attire: i think GZA wins for his hoodie and matching t shirt. dag, yo.

some flashy song executions:
    *ghostface going crazy during "ice cream," crouching down during his verse and ripping mad fiyaaaah.
    *everybody in the clan collapsing to the floor during the break for the INS verse in "duel of the iron mic" and then all jumping up and wyling out when the beat dropped again.
    *the beat stopping for cappadonna's verse (in...i can't actually remember which song...) and him spitting it acappella.
    *rae spitting his "triumph" verse acappella but the beat coming back in for the end of it - HUGE!!

wyling out:
    *method man being INVISIBLE and not on stage until his first verse of the show, spinning and hooded to the front for "THE METH WILL COME OUUUUUUT TOMORROW!!"
    *method man front flipping and falling back-first into the crowd multiple times - right onto us!
    *method man standing on the hands of fans, propped up off OUR hands...
    *method man holding someone's hand for an entire verse...a hand which happened to be MINE!
    *masta killa during "one blood under W" coming up before his verse and shouting BLAOW! BLAOW! BLAOW! BLAOW! while directing his finger around the crowd. plus, at the line "i shoot a hole in a 50 cent piece to test my aim..." ghost threw up a towel and shot at it the whole time it fell. classic.
    *masta killa being hooded and shady up until he would rhyme, after which he was SO HYPE and ferocious it was crazy.
    *method man snatching a variety of hats off of fans to wear, eventually grabbing an OREGON hat - which made the crowd get super hype!
    *the ODB tribute. ghostface or streetlife (i can't remember which of the two) dove behind method man and jerked a water bottle, spraying us on the line "chk-chk-BLAOW!!" - perfect.
    *method clowning like crazy: spraying water from his teeth after drinking from a water bottle, rocking a long comb in his beard, spinning his blunt in his mouth, and following ANYONE when they would drop their verse, sparring or bullying at them.
    *the new years countdown, with method spilling balloons onto the crowd with the pull of a string, the beat dropping, champagne spraying, and everyone on and off stage wyling out.
    *at the end of the show, meth and ghost plugged 8 diagrams and big doe rehab, told portland we were THE hypest crowd of the tour yet, dropping a cd of bdr while ghost mimed rapping and postured for the crowd, deck and method threw their t shirts into the crowd, then everyone sauntered off stage. then method came back out, lighting a blunt, center stage, to the chants of WU-TANG before giving it out to the crowd, threw up a peace sign and it was all over.
    by this review the show sounded amazing. im going to see them january 9th at the troc in philly. just a few days away. can't wait! been a long time coming!
    "There’s not too many jewels being dropped these days. Everyone wants to shake their ass. I call the club the devil’s box. Hip-hop is at an all-time low. It’s sad. It’s going nowhere but down. We’re living out the last days, the last two pages of the bible." - Ghostface Killah (REAL TALK)

WU-TANG, HIPHOP'S LAST HOPE!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by MessiahMac View Post
    Haha I feel the hate bro. Regardless of the school, I thought it was sick as hell how he repped Oregon as a STATE. Judging by the crowd's reaction to it, I wasn't the only one who thought so.

As for the RZA not being there, I read that he cited his "solo tour" for not being on the tour. Somethin' I did see that I thought was kind of interesting was that at the merch booth, they were sellin' Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang t-shirts. Anyone else catch those? I didn't cop one, but I did see that they were sellin' those, some 8 diagrams shirts, some Wu-Invincible shirts, and a black Hoodie with a Wu logo on it.
    Why would he schedule a solo tour at the same time as the Clans first tour together since 03? I wish these guys would hit the road together as a unit more often, I mean I went to see the 420 show last year and Masta Killa was there, and Deck was supposed to be there as well, but he did not show up for the show at the Roseland. I catch about two Wu shows every year, but I would like to see them as a group more. I have only been to four shows where they played as a full group. Regardless the show was dope.

I must say I was impressed with the performance. No disappointments at all (except for the fact that i found out that Lupe Fiasco was playing a week later at the same venue and I wouldn't be able to go to that, but i still would much rather see Wu-Tang). I loved it. There were quite a few drunk, pushy obnoxious people. There was a fight two hours before the show even started between some street guy and a person in line. The street guy started making some Bruce Lee noises and knocked the guy's tooth out. I had a hard time staying on my feet during the concert especially when the clan came on and everybody started moving, but i got into the second row of people and the energy was just fantastic. Method Man crowd surfed right over me and i got some fantastic shots of him with my camera. At least 30 people gave me props on my O.D.B. Andy Warhol hoodie. Fantastic show. I wouldn't have wanted to celebrate New Year's any other way.
    "No beef, less talk and more action/you can roll as a whole we'll send ya back in fractions"
    -GZA/Genius, Watch Your Mouth

could your post some of your pics man? Do you got a pic of Meth reppin' the O hat? Haha that'd be sick. Come on people, post up your pics either here or on the concert pics section.

YA'LL CAN USE THESE PICS IF YOU GIVE ROOT PEPPER SOME FUCKIN' PROPS. JEAH.

Shout at ya Rotty P for that review and the pics. Who said they were not into it? Was at the show, but my memory of it's a little blurry if you know what I mean. Now I'm remembering, ah yeah... Forgot about some of those songs and the whole Oregon hat thing, ha! That was just killer.

Also MessiahMac thanks for the You Tube links. Dope!

Long time fan, in fact so long was feeling a little old with all the youngins up in there.Good to see the appreciation of the youth for real hip hop! Sure the RZA not being there was a bummer, but I thought the show was all time. Hey, if he's dissin the tour, guess it aint a Portland thing so. You gotta realize how lucky we were just to have had the WU here on NYE! Common it's Portland Oregon now, not NYC or even SF or Seattle. Not to mention the WU comming at all. I mean how long has it been since a Clan show?

I was really surprised how much of thier classic material they played. Meth was so on point and was really good to the fans. Ghostface was on fire as well. Duel of the Iron Mic was so insane I was going nuts. And at the end they brought family members on stage including ODB's Mom. Word.

All and all I'm not complaining. One of my best NY'ers in a long time. Give thanks and praise.

Got some more videos of the night for y'all. Check 'em

Shimmy Shimmy Ya
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cdKrYst3A8

Bring The Pain
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZCBrOVapew

Incarcerated Scarfaces and UGod's song (can't remember, my bad, help me out on the title!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alzQdiJ_V9U

C.R.E.A.M.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=544VcjhyEAE

Veteran Member

Looks like Method Man joined the KKK in the Bring the pain clip.

miha

Quote Originally Posted by MessiahMac View Post
    Incarcerated Scarfaces and UGod's song (can't remember, my bad, help me out on the title!!)
    ^^the track is dat's gangsta off golden arms redemption

thanks for the videos