Thread: Worst job in the US: working in a slaughter house?

Default Worst job in the US: working in a slaughter house?

I think that maybe the worst job in the US would be to work in a slaughter house. It's definitely one of the most, if not the most dangerous job in the US. First off, many of the workers get paid far less than what they used to years back. They hire a lot of migrant workers that will work for less. Every day, workers are accidently stabbing themselves or another person while trying to keep uo with the assembly line. People lose body parts. Several people have been killed at the slaughter houses by accidents. People getting shredded into pieces and other horrific ways to die.

At some of the meat packing plants, people are told not to report their injuries, as a supervisors job status depends on the amount of injuries at the job. People that try to create unions are scared into not doing so, or they are fired. One person's job involves slitting each cow's throat, which occurs about once every ten seconds at the job. There are places in the slaughter house where blood runs up to your ankles. The smell is virtually unbearable causing a bunch of workers to throw up everyday. The cleaning people at the slaughter house might have the most difficult job, which results in a bunch of deaths because of the horrid conditions. Anyway, that was just a small part of what goes into the life of a slaughter house worker. I don't see how anybody in their right mind would want to work there, but that's just me. I think if people got a tour of a slaughter house, they wouldn't want to eat red meat anymore.

Default Re: Worst job in the US: working in a slaughter house?

Slaughter houses suck, but its not the worst job

I think its crab fishers (I'm not sure if thats it, its something like that) in Alaska, they had some program on Discovery about it. People die on the job all the time from falling overboard, and once you fall, thats it. They said it was statistically the most dangerous job, but you get paid good.

easily the worst job, thats why most every one who works there is an illegal alien who they can exploit because they cant do anything about it.

I think I'd rather work as a crab fisher myself, than at a slaughter house. The workers at the slaughter houses used to get paid well some years ago, but they wanted to cut costs, which led to migrant type workers working there instead.

Plus, the slaughter houses care more about how fast the place is running than the safety of their workers. Well, that's true with a lot of companies, money is more important than anything else. Example: the pharmaceutical industries, very greedy bastards.

Wu Vatican

Sounds horrible. But it aint stopping me from eating steak.

If you went to a slaughter house, I bet there would be a good chance that it would stop you from eating it. lol Or if you had to kill the animal yourself, and go through the whole process of getting it ready to eat, I don't think you would want to eat it. But there would still be some savages that wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by check two
    But there would still be some savages that wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by INSpectah~Deck
    Slaughter houses suck, but its not the worst job

I think its crab fishers (I'm not sure if thats it, its something like that) in Alaska, they had some program on Discovery about it. People die on the job all the time from falling overboard, and once you fall, thats it. They said it was statistically the most dangerous job, but you get paid good.
    I have seen that too. Crazy shit. But a slaughter house in Holland isn't that bad. Maybe in America it is, but in Holland it's all pretty clean and you can really make money with it.

over rates mathematics

nah the worst job is working in a sewage facility. in a sewage facility you are literally working with shit as your job.

now why you may ask is working with shit so bad compared to dieing in these other jobs, basically in alot of sewage facilities the sewage is passed through areas where it may have seemed to form a river or canal of shit. over these rivers and canals are bridges to help out the people who work there get across. now hypathetically speaking if you were to trip and fall off the bridge basically you will be drowning in shit and have the high chance of death concerning how many people work in sewage facility and if they would be around to see you fall into the river.
    so yeah getting killed by accidental stabbing or drowning in shit...

my job at morrisons lol

slaughter house workers here at least, see it as tradition, especially north in like yorkshire etc

usually simple people do it and get used to the routine, i dont eat red meat but it doesnt disgust me....how else does the shit end up on your plate?

if the pay is good....i wouldnt mind

peace
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

Yeah its pretty bad I seen a Documentary on TV where they were training this young lad how to do it, the young guy stuck his knife in wrong and the Cow was going crazy for over 15 minutes and the other guy was like "Fa fucks sake! you aint doin it right" pulled the knife out and did it again. The animal being slaughtered was also being watched by the others who were waiting which I thought was pretty disgusting they looked pretty distressed. Halal meat on the other hand is much better they showed that too the guys got proper sharp knives they slice they neck so good it sprays like a fountain, they get proper training as well it might look worse but its definitely not.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I thought they had this machine that inserted a metal rod into the brain at high power killing the cow instantly... no need for people.... the cows walk along this fenced area that eventually tapers into a single assembly line as the cows are lead through a rolling door that opens an lets one cow in at a time. the cow enters sticks its head through this opening where it is killed then transported to the butcher area..

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Mayoya
    I have seen that too. Crazy shit. But a slaughter house in Holland isn't that bad. Maybe in America it is, but in Holland it's all pretty clean and you can really make money with it.
    It doesn't matter how clean it is, it would still be really disturbing for a normal human being. lol Tuco, let me know how long you last there, if you decide to go with that profession. lol

There has been a lot of corruption going on in the US meat industry over the years. Some dumb shits decide to give the cows food made from animals, because it's cheaper. All types of animals were being given to the cows, even dogs and cats from shelters. Yet, cows aren't meant to be eating meat at all. Then a mad cow epidemic starts, and the meat industry tries to put the blame on other people, when it's not. All types of things were ground up with these animals that were being fed to the cows, such as animal feces.

When Clinton got into office, he did a good move, and tried to make the regulations on the meat industry more strict. The meat inudstry had way too much power, the USDA couldn't even recall tainted meat on their own. But of course when the Republicans gained control in Congress, they decided to be more leniant again on the meat industry. As the meat industry gives a lot of money to the greedy, Republican party. The Republicans decided to cut down the amount of meat inspectors, and meat plants were told ahead of time now when an inspection would be taking place. The meat industry didn't want inspectors to test for E-Coli in their meats, which could have saved a lot of lives. Jack in the Box, the toxic food place, almost closed down because of the E-coli.

Veteran Member

no the worst is to work at walmart warehouse the pay is good but they work you to death