DMX recently revealed that he will be releasing a double album this year and one of them will be a gospel rap CD.

In December, the Yonkers bred rapper signed to Bodog Music, an independent international record label.

DMX divulged that his first album with Bodog would be titled Walk With Me Now and You'll Fly With Me Later but he clarified to MTV News Friday (December 28th, 2007) that the project is a double CD.

Walk With Me Now will be his typical street themed album while Fly With Me Later will be a gospel album with no cursing.

"I'm talking about a hip-hop album and a gospel album," DMX told MTV News. "The same title is gonna be on both albums, but on one album one part [of the title] is gonna be [highlighted] while on the other album, the other name is gonna be [highlighted]."

"No songs about bitches, no songs about robbing, just straight 'Give God the glory,'" the rapper emphasized about his gospel album.

When queried why he chose to do a gospel album, DMX replied: "Destiny I guess. I just go with the flow."

A release date for the albums has not been set but X plans to drop them in the coming months.

"Its gonna be real big," DMX continued. "I got the right amount of money I need. The thing about these big record labels is that they give you a whole bunch of money just so they can take it back from you. Then you don't even own your own sh--. I need to own my sh--, son. [Bodog] got enough money to do what I need to do and I'm good. They got more than enough promotion, they got other sh-- I can bridge off into. Not soft drinks, I'm not talking about sneakers — I'm talking about fights!"

DMX's last album, Year Of The Dog Again, was released in 2006 via Sony Records.

According to X, he abandoned the project because of creative differences between him and Sony and he has cut ties with the label.
http://www.streethop.com/forums/article.php?t=101465