Thread: Just came back from the New Haven Show!!

Default Just came back from the New Haven Show!!

My niggaz, as usual, torn shit down! The nigga Meth is a monster!!!! This nigga was over the place, hanging on the light support statues as if they were monkey bars and wild shit like that. The highlight for me was when the nigga performed "What The Blood Clot" which was beyond unexpected!! Son started crowd surfing, as usual, and damn there broke my neck. Of course he ended up jumping right on top of me and ended up kicking the girl next to me in the face and knocked her glasses off, lol Bitch shouldn't have been in the trenches with the die hards

Ghost and Rae had the shit in a frenzy when they did Ice Cream, Crimonlogy, Fish and a bunch of other shit I can't remember. I was a lil' tight though Ghost didn't do Ghost Deni He always puts so much emotion in that track when he performs it.

U-God & Gza were pretty non-existant, but dope with it nevertheless. Gza had the everybody going bananas when he did "Reunited". Though U-God fucked it up when he did "Dats Gangsta". I don't know why he always choices that to be his solo song. I wish he would do "Turbalance" instead.

Masta Killa was on his stealth ninja shit ya know I rep and love! "Bombing Ya Barricks, with Aerodynamic Swordplay, Poison darts by the doorway!" He did "No Said Date" & "One Blood" as his solo. Didn't do his verse from Chessboxin' (booooo) and he needs to start performing "Last Drink" instead of "No Said Date". The boom bap of that track would have had the crowd going crazy!

Deck was dope, but the voice thing was yet again an issue. I've only seen him perform once without a voice issue and that's when I caught him on his promotional tour for Uncontrollable Substances back in 98'. Obviously, the years have took a toll on his vocal cords.

Cappadonna was crazy with it. He didn't do his Winter Warz voice, but he did 97' Mentality which it seemed that I was the only one in the crowd who knew the words to it and felt like I was his his hype man with Lounge Lo (who actually opened for Wu tonight).

Streetlife might as well be considered the new Cappadonna since he's been touring with these niggaz like he's an original general for like 8 years now. Anyways, him and Meth went in on "Grid Iron Rap" and he murdered his verse from "Run 4 Cover"

Again, no Rza, but I didn't miss the nigga. Allah Math held shit down as always on the one and two's

Overall, a dope show. 8/10 since Rza and obviously Dirty couldn't be there. But it was ill nevertheless.

I took about 100 blurry ass pictures on my iphone that i'll try to up tomorrow.

Ight ladies and gents, i'm about to watch the 3rd eposide of season 5 of the Wire on On-Demand before I go to bed, catch ya tomorrow, Easy!

I was there too. You made some great points. "97 Mentality" and "What the Blood Clot" were not expected and I have seen Wu perform numerous times. "Dat's Gangsta" has got to go. Only thing, I did miss RZA. It was kinda sad to hear his name in so many tracks, but not have him there. Peace

Veteran Member

Streetlife might as well be considered the new Cappadonna since he's been touring with these niggaz like he's an original general for like 8 years now.

Hes been with Wu since 93-94...8 years!?

I talking about as far as touring with them as if he's a general. I went to 3 shows between 93'-98' and I never saw him with them untill 00'. I know he's been around, but not nowhere like he has been for the past 8 years.

i'm glad i didn't go, and get stuck in the snow

I'm back in the game, Smackin ya brain, Clappin dem things, Accurate aim, Snatching ya chain, Get back on the train, Traficking things, Package ya caine, Crack is the name, Sean is a rapper, But rappin is lame

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSwords32 View Post
    i'm glad i didn't go, and get stuck in the snow
    There wasn't a drop of snow in all of New Haven. The snow pretty much slide thru from Meriden up!!!

oh, alright. i would have hit it on the way back to hartford tho.......

I'm back in the game, Smackin ya brain, Clappin dem things, Accurate aim, Snatching ya chain, Get back on the train, Traficking things, Package ya caine, Crack is the name, Sean is a rapper, But rappin is lame