Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan @ Hammerstein Ballroom NYC 01-17-08 [REVIEW]

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleArmor79 View Post
    cool u got some pics.. jus a few questions 4 ya... were cameras permitted there? jus curious.. did anyone spot cappa at all? im wonderin why rzz cant make it and shit.. how was their shit managed? like, did they come out 1 ata time, or what? and how many songs/verses did they do each?? im tryna compare to the concert i went to back in Feb 2001 with what they're doin now..
    Yeah cameras were allowed but they didnt let me take video that much since I was right in front...im sure anyone behind me wouldve gotten away with it the whole show if they had the physical dexterity...but pictures are ok

Cap was there

Cant tell you how many songs or verses each of them did but they didnt come out one at a time from what I remember...most of them just came out on stage together...I know what you mean though...they used to each done one song solo and come out one by one in the past but I dont think theyve been doing that lately from what I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by Fright View Post
    someone share videos if you got
    Sound is fucked up because the bass.. But whatever here's some video from Thursdays show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTuoM_MYKNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDJ8Hxz4vWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4pZpGqmIYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqme2MpGnM4

Might have a couple more in a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    yoyo first of all the show was off the hook last night. despite couple things which i'll get to first.

1. NO RZA - nowhere to be found.. seems like hes been MIA this tour and its starting to bug me out a bit. the inner wu-chemstry seems to fade a lil somethin with the abbot missin all these shows.

2. NO 8 DIAGRAMS TRACKS PERFORMED - not one song off the album... i was kinda pissed cuz i mean...THIS IS THE 8 DIAGRAMS TOUR !, not a WU CLASSICS TOUR. i was really lookin forward to see them do shit off the album, specially Rushin Elephants, Campfire, Windmill, Stick Me For My Riches, Wolves & Unpredictable.... them shits would have sounded FIRE live... its really fucked up.. me & my girl was talkin and were like RZA probably wanted to do the new songs and the clan didnt and thats why RZA was a no show ? fuck knows.. its just sad what it is right now..

Now that we got the pet peeves out the way....THE GOOD PART :

first of all, the dj that was on from when niggaz got in til about 8:45pm SUCKED major donkey balls. not even cuttin shit up right nor mixing them. a child on an ipod could have done better. really boring ass corn dj foreal.
    at about 8:45 MR. CEE gets on the mic, hypes the crowd a bit then he starts DJin. he playes for about an hour of STRAIGHT 90s HIP HOP MADNESS !!!
    holy fuck he was droppin dope cuts left & right got the whole crowd into it the whole time, not losing us one bit. by around 10pm, THE CLAN emerges.

i must say, ive been to many wu-tang clan concerts in the past but this show had the best SOUND. all the mics were crisp clean and loud enuff, all the tracks played by mr. Cee & Allah Math were sounding almost perfect in terms of the frequencies flowin thru the speakers. i was very impressed with the sound in general cuz alot of the past shows ive been to, the main thing that bothered me was the poor sound output.

math & wu started things off with 'aint nuttin ta f' wit' and took us on a trip of wu goodies, i cant remember hearing anything i havent seen them perform before in the past shows besides "What The Blood Clot" but Meth absolutely destroyed it ! by far the best Meth energy & performance @ this show from beg. to end.. he really carried the show thruout interacting with the crowd & the clan brushing off any dull moments, if there were any during the 1.5hrs @ hammerstein. Math killed the track completely 2 times during Cappa's verses and let him rock it accappella and he sounded amazing, the dude was just goin off. the ODB tribute was the one of the longest ive heard them do, with Meth doing some parts of Brooklyn Zoo, Shimmy Shimmy Ya, & the intro 8 bars of "Got Your Money" were played, with ODB's daughter & moms on stage.

wu finnished off with "Triumph" as theyve been doing since the RTB tour and Rae & Meth sending us off with a nice message about real [new york] hip hop and its upto us to support it and keep it alive. gave a shout to couple celebs on stage as well like Tracey Morgan & very oddly Puffy who was rockin the "W" during one of their last songs. whatevers.. i was like "Booo get the fuck off the stage ~" last thing i can care about is puffy at a wu show.. that just downgraded the experience a slight notch..

all in all a great show with great energy. i mentioned what dislikes were already so i'll leave that alone. whoever else went, hope yall had fun. peace.
    co-sign

Very dissappointed that they didnt do any 8 diagrams song. I even yelled to inspectah "do unpredictable" a couple of times, and he def heard me.
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

this show was mad fun. they sounded great. no 8 diagrams was a let down, but i had already read they weren't doing it so i wasn't too disappointed.

Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix

Why are you guys surprised that they didn't perform any 8 diagrams material? Don't you guys realize or did you foget that the wu doesn't rehearse at all for their concerts? The reason they don't perform any new shit is b/c they barely have the any of their new shit memorized. Shit they can barely remember the lyrix to some of their old shit, so what makes you think they're gonna be able to remember stuff from 8D? They barely perform stuff from The W or Iron Flag. I've been too many clan shows this decade and i noticed that the clan plays it safe an sticks to the songs they know best which are from the first 2 group albums an solo albums from the 90's. Every once in a blue moon they might stray and perform a rare song.

But i think it sux tho! I think they need to start improving their shows b/c they're starting to get really repetitive. For those of us that have seen wu many times over the years itz like ok i done seen this same act over an over! What else is new? Do i even need to go to a wu show anymore? Same shit over an over! Itz almost not even worth the $35-40 beans your gonna pay to see them. But it would be nice if they started to rehearse and learn rare songs that are bangers from different albums that we would love to see be performed live!
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

i couldve went to this but i find out late. No RZA! i guess i don't regret it
    "..I'm the Assassin
    AS to a S, AS, IN, you can't mess with me
    My praying mantis is deadly, my praying mantis is poisonous
    It goes through your bloodstream..."
    -Jamel aka Assassin-The Future(Skit)(No Said Date)