Thread: Bronze verse on "Magnolia"

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Default Bronze verse on "Magnolia"

i'm sure most of u have heard this joint by now, it's with Timbo and a dude named Leech (who tears it up despite his weird name)..

http://www.zshare.net/audio/69068043b1b974/

the Bronze beat is sick, of course, but his verse is also dope so i wanted to take a look at it and see what others think of some of the lines cuz there's some parts that i don't get..

You think James Cleveland really thought Jesus was white?
    see the devil's complexion, when the blood hits the light

here's what Wikipedia has for James Cleveland:
    James Cleveland (December 5, 1931 - February 9, 1991) was a gospel singer, arranger, composer and, most significantly, the driving force behind the creation of the modern gospel sound, bringing the stylistic daring of hard gospel and jazz and pop music influences to arrangements for mass choirs.

so that one's simple enough..he was a famous, award-winning gospel/jazz musician....and u see the devil's complexion when light shines on blood and reflects the color red. again, simple to understand the meaning of the line logically but i'm not sure of it's meaning within the verse (and after the James Cleveland line)

but the darkness flows like the Pacific at night, rip thru with bitches that bite
    hopin' the soul workin right

the imagery of the "darkness flows like Pacific at night" is beautiful, conjuring the image of the huge ocean (which covers about half the planet) in complete darkness, just flowing beneath the stars..

i take "the darkness" to mean evil, negativity or whatever in the context of the next part of the line "bitches that bite" which almost seems like some vampire-type chick who's gonna seduce you and then "bite" and rip through u by breakin' your heart or whatever..
    (also note that Bronze referred to the "Pacific" as a girl in the song Waters of Nazareth: lyrics link)

the hoes wear no clothes but they won't let me touch
    rock they nicknames, freaks, i'm in a bail too much

the first line implies like being in a strip club with these naked chicks (who go by nicknames) dancing and you aren't sposed to touch them...mad tempting.....dono what "i'm in a bail too much means" but it could also be "bale" like i'm constantly tied up or somethin..

when the G's pop hash we inhale the Dutch
    in the smoke clouds i construct my only crutch

not sure about "G's pop hash" (hash is CRaAaAaAaZy shit man) but we're dealing with a smoke session now and through these clouds the Nazarite constructs the one thing that holds him up through the hardships of life: his music

help me struggle through the days when them knees lock up

the music, the "crutch" helps get through the hard times, metaphorical imagery here of the crutch helping when his knees lock up..

it's a Black Day, if I move keys so does the warden

love this line...if you've listened to alot of Bronze's material he'll constantly throw in a Black Day reference into his verses, that's the studio they did most of their music at (in his basement....peep the myspace vid if u haven't yet) but it's in this case showing that shit is hard cuz if i try to make some dough by moving key's ("ki's" actually, kilos, drugs) i'm gonna be locked up and the jail warden is gonna be moving keys..

this one short line seems to pack so much, you can picture a scene of drug deals and bricks being passed and then a scene of Bronze locked up in a orange suit behind bars and a warden slowly strolling by shaking his huge set of keys..which leads perfectly into the next line:

i see bars everyday but mostly i wrote 'em

he ain't locked up but he's seeing bars every day...the type u write (obviously)

the world's a scene of change like a DVD open

i'm open to other ppl's interpretation of this one (and hoping Bronze could clear it up)..the world is a scene of change, certainly (the I-Ching or Book of Changes springs immediately to mind) and i take it the DVD reference is to when can choose what scene to watch from a DVD menu..

Between a mouth and meal, many things can happen
    witness fitness, lift this weight in this fashion

alot can intercede between food and the mouths of starving folks...we sometimes take it for granted (us fat American slobs) that we can just grab somethin to eat seemingly as we please but there's a TON of starving ppl in this world, for many reasons, many things happening..

Love to fuck raw, condoms take the feelin'
    but she can help me, the illness that has the same meanin'

i love to fuck raw too...but of course, if ur with an unfamiliar chick it could be dangerous..the 2nd line here is obviously referencing AIDS but i'm not totally sure how it's supposed to come across..."she can help me" meaning like if i get AIDS she can help me get through it??? doesn't seem right...

"she can [give me AIDS]" maybe?....or "she can help me" like she could just gimme a BJ instead...

my pad contain demons, White Owl lifespan
    a greenhouse of talent, hoping i'm a grown 'em fans

the pad where the lyrics are at contains deep, dark shit and it's got a short lifespan (like a White Owl that's basically just cracked open, stuffed, rolled, and burnt..real quick) cuz u spit the verse on a song and it's over with..

i love the greenhouse line, it's like he's full of this fresh natural talent and he's hoping to grow more and more fans..

sellin' a paragraph body like Michigan Ave

it's like a continuation of the previous line, he's hoping to grow fans from selling paragraphs...and it's as if he's peddling paragraphs like drug dealers peddle crack on Michigan Ave

Night shed light like mirrors, sometimes a fool is right

my favorite line of the verse...this one's been bouncing around my head since i first heard the song cuz it's another aphorism, a short line with a ton of meaning to it..

the night sheds light makes u think of the sun going down and day turning into darkness, and you could also look at it like the stars shedding light down from the sky....BUT the main meaning behind it (the way i see it) is like the nighttime "sheds light" on the darker things, like it elaborates and displays the crooks, killers, thieves, prostitutes, and all that shit..they all come out at night..

and the night is shedding light on this stuff "like mirrors" (which light bounces off of) cuz this stuff is being displayed at nighttime...

"sometimes a fool is right" is open for interpretation

As far as it goes, nigga my art is controlled
    by the hand, head and heart of my soul

same as the last line of the 5th Chamber verse on TGM, the music is created with the hand (that writes and makes the beats), the head (which thinks out these complex verses), and heart (self-explanatory) of Bronze's soul which is using these three things as instruments to express itself..

Writer life-line part of the notes
    modern Magna Carta glow

the writer's life stories and experiences line the notes seems like a musical sheet reference..his life is a major part of the musical notes...modern Magna Carta glow is just a modern day display of the beautiful old paintings and sculptures and shit.

from the barrel of the gun to where the sparks go

from the mouth of the man who's spittin' these verses to the ears of the listeners (being struck like bullets), in between is a great display of this modern art just glowing..

nice breakdown!

I LOVE this song...crazy stuff and the beat is so ill... i would love to have that instru

you must spread some reputation around before giving it to the silencer again !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by venex; 01-27-2008 at 03:58 AM.
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Props silencer...

A good read

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Silencer, the pride of the Corp. XD
    bring back begongo!!

Good

bump....

just so my efforts don't go unnoticed..

and in case anybody else wanna contribute........................................ ............

Very nice breakdown. Bronze used to do that on his site back in the day. I talked to him about bringing it back but it never came to pass.

Good stuff though
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

Love to fuck raw, condoms take the feelin'

i love to fuck raw too...but of course, if ur with an unfamiliar chick it could be dangerous..the 2nd line here is obviously referencing AIDS but i'm not totally sure how it's supposed to come across..."she can help me" meaning like if i get AIDS she can help me get through it??? doesn't seem right...

"she can [give me AIDS]" maybe?....or "she can help me" like she could just gimme a BJ instead...

This is actually pretty easy to understand. Another way to say to help is to give aid. So naturally the girl could give him AIDS and in contrast, not be able to help him.

Deep
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

PRODIGAL SUN

bronze is that dude, now break down the best verse from that song by timbo king

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    Very nice breakdown. Bronze used to do that on his site back in the day. I talked to him about bringing it back but it never came to pass.

Good stuff though
    he comes every now and then here and says a few things about his texts....and yeah, he is incredible

Good stuff though
    really? on the old green one website?? didn't know that....

i'd love to check it out if it still exists somewhere on the internet..

i love breakin down this guy's rhymes, each bar weighs a ton it seems..that's why his shit has so much replay value, i keep tryin to understand new shit every time i listen to his songs..

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

This is actually pretty easy to understand. Another way to say to help is to give aid. So naturally the girl could give him AIDS and in contrast, not be able to help him.

Deep

That's fucking ill.... Damn
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796

BUMP...

in case the god comes around again......