Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman 2: the dark knight

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

I just saw this is at No.1 on the IMDb.com Top 250 movies of all time! It's averaging 9.6 after 70,000 votes.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Banned

once it gets 170k or whatever the godafather has it'll slip behind that ... great movie but it's not godfather 1 status
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Veteran Member

I think the fake batmen were trying to stop a drug deal in progress, and batman fucked the all up really quick.

Well that was obvious, my question is where they in league with Scarecrow to stop the Russians or where they stand alone crime fighters to hopefully bring down BOTH Dr. Crane & the Russians

This movie is going to make more money than any other movie in the history of film has made. Rightfully so, because it is, by far, the best superhero movie ever made for the simple fact that it is character and theme-driven, not just a spectacle with special effects and stupid one-liners.

The movie is extraordinarily deep, after seeing it for a second time i was more able to pick up heaps of hidden meanings and symbolism relating to morality, duty and the dynamic of public opinion. It also dealt heavily with terrorism, something very prevalent today in people's minds making it easier to relate to.

I think what i enjoyed most about the Dark Knight was the realism with respect to the villian and hero relationship and how the plot actually played out.

The acting cast-wide was unbelievable, Bale showing the darkness that enveloped Batman during his public crucifixion and dedication towards doing what HE thinks is right for the city. Aaron Eckhart was a great choice for two-face (i hope he's not actually dead, that would be laaaame..plus the make-up for the mangled side of his face was fucking ill), because staying true to the comics, two-face did a complete 180 turn from being Gotham's ultimate unwavering hero to a murderous and vengeful villian with no soul. The supporting cast of Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Maggie Gyllenhall and Gary Oldman all complimented the main characters extremely well (considering those 4 could play lead roles in ANY film, and have done so many times).

Obviously, Heath Ledger's performance will be one for the history books, in my opinion the most mesmerizing acting performance i've ever seen. He doesnt PLAY the Joker, he BECOMES the Joker. Every mannerism and tick i would imagine a psychopathic murderer/terrorist like the Joker to have, Ledger emulated to a perfect degree. He didn't bring humanity to the character, like im sure many other actors would've tried to do.. because the Joker simply has no humanity and no loyalty or respect for anything. The face-paint Ledger wore became a mask which he could put himself behind to fully commit to his character. When the Joker was on-screen, i GUARANTEE everybody watching was fixated on his shuffling gait, meniacal grin and hyperactive, dancing eyes. Im not saying all this shit because the dude died, if he were alive today, after seeing that movie, i would've become his biggest fan. It's a real shame because the world lost one of the greatest upcoming acting talent its seen since Pachino in Dog Day Afternoon and Nicholson in One Flew over the Cookoos Nest.

but dont see the movie for Ledger, see it for all it represents and brings to the medium of film and for its thrilling 2 and a half hour straight climax that shuts down your bodies' digestive system to prevent you from having to leave the theatre for any reason.

Best superhero movie ever? Check
    Best action movie ever? ....Check
    Best movie of at least the last decade? ...time will tell, but im tempted to put a big motherfucking CHECK next to that one too.

believe the hype.
    peace.
    live and learn, dont be a bitch

I am sick and tired of Batman! Fuck Batman! He has the most sequels and remakes out of all the superheroes, and besides, the motherfucker doesn't have any powers. They need to do a Wonder Woman or Aquaman, anything but that motherfucking Batman!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    I think the fake batmen were trying to stop a drug deal in progress, and batman fucked the all up really quick.

Well that was obvious, my question is where they in league with Scarecrow to stop the Russians or where they stand alone crime fighters to hopefully bring down BOTH Dr. Crane & the Russians
    dude ... learn to fucking quote

and did you NOT hear scarecrow say - *fake batman blasts a gun* "that's not batman" ... *real batman comes kickin arse* "that's him" ... then scarecrow gets in a van and starts driving ... do you really ting it seems they're in league with each other?? ... the other guys were complaining about his drugs fucking one of them up ...
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Lizard View Post
    I am sick and tired of Batman! Fuck Batman! He has the most sequels and remakes out of all the superheroes, and besides, the motherfucker doesn't have any powers. They need to do a Wonder Woman or Aquaman, anything but that motherfucking Batman!
    Get the fuck out of here.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Looking foward to this

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Would it been too hard to spray some green shit in his hair?

Veteran Member

and did you NOT hear scarecrow say - *fake batman blasts a gun* "that's not batman" ... *real batman comes kickin arse* "that's him" ... then scarecrow gets in a van and starts driving ... do you really ting it seems they're in league with each other?? ... the other guys were complaining about his drugs fucking one of them up ...

Acting homie, Scarecrow could of easily played of thinking they were the real Batman. The Russian did complain about his fear toxin, but OBVIOUSLY were STILL going through with the deal if they went out there way to meet up with him in the car park.

Quote Originally Posted by King Lizard View Post

a wonder woman movie? you just lost yourself some credibility son
    live and learn, dont be a bitch

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Treazon View Post
    a wonder woman movie? you just lost yourself some credibility son
    Amongst the gays?

wuswordz95

i give batman a c. it was so fn boring after that exciting robbery. heath ledger saves the movie. this was not the best comic book movie ever. its overrated u can not say it was better then x men 2.

Quote Originally Posted by wuswordz95 View Post
    i give batman a c. it was so fn boring after that exciting robbery. heath ledger saves the movie. this was not the best comic book movie ever. its overrated u can not say it was better then x men 2.
    I CAN

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

Quote Originally Posted by portis24 View Post
    I CAN
    Co-sign for me

only thing I didn't like was ( and it has been said in here before ) Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes...she has a larger part in the story yes but her performance was as bad ( in this movie, not saying she's a bad actress, I've seen some of her work) as Katie Holmes in the first film IMHO

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved