Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman 2: the dark knight

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

The Dark Knight is the dopest comic book movie ever!! Nothing else even comes close. Batman was awesome... the Joker was funny and demented. Heath Ledger did an amazing job. I'm going to see this again.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Quote Originally Posted by wuswordz95 View Post
    i give batman a c. it was so fn boring after that exciting robbery. heath ledger saves the movie. this was not the best comic book movie ever. its overrated u can not say it was better then x men 2.
    yeahhh i think you're gonna be alone on that one..
    live and learn, dont be a bitch

L~>1<~NKS

Quote Originally Posted by Tonearm Terrorwrist View Post
    once it gets 170k or whatever the godafather has it'll slip behind that ... great movie but it's not godfather 1 status

Oh no doubt... but for me? Its' def the Godfather of all Comic Book flicks so far... even tops XMen and they my fav.

Yo this iz crazy:

Types of
    IMAX ® films:
    (2D) no 3D glasses required to view the film.
    (3D) 3D glasses required - provided by IMAX ®.

7/23/2008- Wednesday

Cirque Du Soleil Journey of Man 3D
    10:15 AM

Wild Ocean 3D
    11:30 AM

African Adventure 3D: Safari in the Okavango
    12:45 PM

The Dark Knight: The IMAX Experience
    1:45 PM (sold out)
    4:35 PM (sold out)
    7:25 PM (sold out)
    10:20 PM (sold out)

7/24/2008- Thursday

Space Station 3D

Wild Ocean 3D

1:45 PM (sold out)
    4:35 PM (sold out)
    7:25 PM (sold out)
    10:20 PM (sold out)

7/25/2008- Friday

Grand Canyon Adventure 3D: River at Risk

Wild Ocean 3D

1:50 PM
    4:40 PM (sold out)
    7:30 PM (sold out)
    10:25 PM (sold out)

7/26/2008- Saturday

Grand Canyon Adventure 3D: River at Risk
    10:00 AM
    12:10 PM

Wild Ocean 3D
    11:05 AM
    1:15 PM

2:20 PM (sold out)
    5:15 PM (sold out)
    8:10 PM (sold out)
    11:05 PM (sold out)

7/27/2008- Sunday

10:00 AM
    3:05 PM (sold out)
    6:00 PM (sold out)
    8:55 PM (sold out)
    Last edited by L~>1<~NKS; 07-23-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

^^^That's why I bought tickets well in advance. This flick is selling out for the next few weeks. I'm going to peep this movie again this weekend.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy The Pimp View Post
    Would it been too hard to spray some green shit in his hair?

i dont think the joker of Dark Knight wouldve had the effect he did if he had the green hair..

i know the perception of joker's image also includes the green hair to go with the butchered joker makeup.. but i didnt get any less impression becus he didnt have green hair in this film..

leave the green hair to nicholson in tim burton's first movie.. which i still love..

*add-on*

i realize the batman franchise has been done more than freddy an jason, but the way these new films are presented makes much more sense to me.. batman begins gave us the info on how bruce wayne came to be batman.. his weapons, his stealth, his fighting style.. and now the dark knight brings a different an more lifelike creation burton couldnt present on the big screen.. only my opinion..

Banned

i'm off to watch it again tonight ... i checked imax here and same shit as l1nks posted shit is sold out ...

and tbh i didn't think katie holmes was as bad as she was made out in batman begins ...
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Change the movie title to "Bale gets out acted by everyone". My word, how do you manage to give Batman ZERO personality. Heath's Joker saved this movie although it heavily reminded me of all the crazy people roles Nicholson played. Whoever played Two Face was awesome and dead on. Gordon's death distracted me until he came back and I thought that was brilliant. Gets a B from me.

STYLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
    Change the movie title to "Bale gets out acted by everyone". My word, how do you manage to give Batman ZERO personality?

co-sign

this is what puts ironman ahead of dark knight imo.
    main character personality.
    legder was great but not as good as jack. apples and oranges i know. but the fact remains that a good balance between protagonist and antagonist makes a great story.

bale is just plain bland. his best performance was in Equilibrium. he played a cop in a society that was required to medicate emotion out of the human psyche. his task as an actor was to show no emotion, which he did flawlessly.

Banned

wtf ... ledger wasn't as good as nicholson? ... son you kidding yourself ... nicholson didn't play a psychotic joker he played the annoying one from the recent comic series that we know ... ledger out acted anything ever seen in a batman movie ... no batman or villain is on par with that performance
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

wuswordz95

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post

co-sign

legder was great but not as good as jack. apples and oranges i know. but the fact remains that a good balance between protagonist and antagonist makes a great story.

bale is just plain bland. his best performance was in Equilibrium. he played a cop in a society that was required to medicate emotion out of the human psyche. his task as an actor was to show no emotion, which he did flawlessly.
    he did a great job in rescue dawn.

so did batman have a cold. why did he talk funny

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post

co-sign

you have to think of context when comparing ironman to batman.. in the dark knight batman is cast away and booed by the very public he is daily trying to serve justice for. Ironman is a rebel billionaire who is seen in a much more positive light than batman. i dont know how light and airy any of us would be if millions of people wanted our head, and bale played a dark personality because of that, makes sense doesnt it? if he was out there cracking jokes and one-liners many people would say he wasn't serious enough for the role. He was somewhat bland, dark and monotone, but thats what the role called for. Batman is a crime-fighter not an entertainer. No he didnt bring the personality of a Clooney or Kilmer batman, but for this script that would've seemed horribly out of place.

as for him being out-acted... of course.. look at who else is in the movie.. Ledger playing the best villain i've ever seen (better than Jack imo because i never ever feared Jack's Joker or how he would be in real life like i did Ledger's, plus Ledger's was farrr more interesting), then we have Caine, Freeman and Eckhart.. world-class actors that can and have made films amazing by themselves.

Bale is an above average actor and just because he's the main character doesn't mean he should be the fan favorite or most talented... and if you wanna see a good performance by him check out The Machinist

peace
    live and learn, dont be a bitch

this movie was fukin dope. there isnt really a serious flaw with it. Ledger was excellent as the Joker. he stole the show, the joker made this movie. i couldnt stop laughing when he did the magic trick with the pencil. brilliant movie, i must say i did find Batmans voice kinda annoying.

great ending to, even though it had a sad feel to it.

i say its the best comic book movie ever.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Dare I say.........

Spiderman 3 was better.

Better acting.

Fun Villians.

Fun hero.

Better action.

More of comic book feel.

Better looking women.

I loved the batman movie too, but Spiderman ownz batman.

Veteran Member

Thats exactly what made this movie amazing, that is didn't feel like a comic book movie. It had all the action a comic book movie could have but also has a great script and story in which 90% of comic book movies just don't have. U missed the whole point on what Chris Nolan (director) was trying to accomplish and succeeded. This movie by far is light years ahead of any Spiderman movie! Spiderman 3 was just plain out horrible. Only thing in my opinion that saved it was the special effects. Lets face it ,in twenty years people will be talking about 'The Dark Knight' and how amazing it was . I highly doubt the same for Spiderman 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy The Pimp View Post
    Dare I say.........

Spiderman 3 was better.

Better acting.

Fun Villians.

Fun hero.

Better action.

More of comic book feel.

Better looking women.

I loved the batman movie too, but Spiderman ownz batman.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harm77 View Post
    Thats exactly what made this movie amazing, that is didn't feel like a comic book movie. It had all the action a comic book movie could have but also has a great script and story in which 90% of comic book movies just don't have. U missed the whole point on what Chris Nolan (director) was trying to accomplish and succeeded. This movie by far is light years ahead of any Spiderman movie! Spiderman 3 was just plain out horrible. Only thing in my opinion that saved it was the special effects. Lets face it ,in twenty years people will be talking about 'The Dark Knight' and how amazing it was . I highly doubt the same for Spiderman 3.
    And what you can read my mind?

I got what the director was trying to accomplish, and he failed because the action sucked ass. I just don't go watch comic book movies and expect to see some watered down drawn out version of mother fuckers pussy footing around.

As far as the joker's concerned, where the fuck were all his fun gadgets?

But yeah it was great flick. Spiderman 3 was better in my opinion.