Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staten Island Wu-Monuments?

Default Staten Island Wu-Monuments?

Salaam alaikum my dudes,

I'm originally from Oregon but am living in Yonkers right now, going to school on the east coast and I'm looking to visit Staten Island soon to see some of the "Wu Landmarks" I've heard and seen in songs and videos for ages. Could any of you tell me where the Can It All Be So Simple mural is, some spots to see around Park Hill, the old Wu Wear Store or any other suggestions?

Peace and bless, get at me!

Wu-Tourism ahahahahha!

stud.

The wu wear store, park hill, and stapleton, west brighton, now born are only a few miles from each other. the pjs are even less. the mural is on Targee street right by home depot near park hill.

I would also say go down bay street by broad check out the SI Club scene. then ride over by the ferry terminal. take the boat to the city.

yo we should just get up. i will pick you up in my caddy, burn one and show you around. No HOMO.
    Last edited by SHAoLiN LoRD; 02-02-2008 at 02:37 AM.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

where u goin to school at? Fordham?

i never really saw this place as any kind of Wu tourism type spot aside from the big ass graffiti mural thingy...but, besides the shiney famousness it might have from appearing in a vid or two it's really not that sick, u see Rae, Meth, Deck (and maybe someone else's) names on there indicating they probly took part in making the thing but it's a slightly mysterious monument to interested ppls cuz I/you/we don't know the details of it like when it was done, who actually made it, wtf it means (cuz there's a weird ass Wu blade design thingy goin on and a little NY skyline)...

it'd be cool to be blazin n L, listenin to Wu on SI tho........that's fun

the mural is still there, fuck man thats ages.

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    where u goin to school at? Fordham?

i never really saw this place as any kind of Wu tourism type spot aside from the big ass graffiti mural thingy...but, besides the shiney famousness it might have from appearing in a vid or two it's really not that sick, u see Rae, Meth, Deck (and maybe someone else's) names on there indicating they probly took part in making the thing but it's a slightly mysterious monument to interested ppls cuz I/you/we don't know the details of it like when it was done, who actually made it, wtf it means (cuz there's a weird ass Wu blade design thingy goin on and a little NY skyline)...

it'd be cool to be blazin n L, listenin to Wu on SI tho........that's fun
    after lookin up the thread i made with pics of it (link) some of what i just said sounds retarded cuz it's pretty obvious when it was done n what it means:

and i also see tekunique was knockin the quality of my pics......fuck it they are weak, it was for a school paper

the staten island ferry ?

http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

the shit's aight actually if it's a nice day and u sit outside u get a sick view of the whole NYC/New Jersey area and the Verrazanno Bridge n shit....and it takes like 20-30 minutes to go across to Manhattan

Original Nastukao Bucellito 136's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fredy Mech View Post
    the mural is still there, fuck man thats ages.
    thinking the same
    i came to staten island just to take a pic of it

A Wu-Tang Guide to Staten Island

The Wu-Tang Clan, obviously, isn't any thing to fuck with. But they never say Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothing traipse after so in that spirit we're offering you a Wu-Tang Guide to Staten Island, the borough the clan put on the map, or at least the hip hop map. Though the many members have gone their separate ways--ODB aka Dirt McGirt aka Big Baby Jesus is dead, RZA and GZA are tight with the Jarmusch set, Ghostface Killah has achieved mainstream hip hop success--they once owned the Shao-Lin, as the borough was called.
    Stapleton Houses: This is housing project located in the middle class neighborhood of Stapleton. It is where RZA and Ghostface Killah grew up and where the group often spent QT.
    Park Hill Housing Projects: Referred to as both Killer Hill and Crack Hill by Wu-Tang members because of frequent arrests for possession of crack, many Wu Tang members grew up in these Clifton projects. Park Hill is mentioned in the song Gravel Pit: "From Park Hill, the house on haunted hill/ Every time you walk by, your back get a chill."
    The Gift Shop outside of the Statue of Liberty: Method Man worked here with U-God, a lesser known clan member, before they were part of Wu Tang.
    The Verazzano Bridge: RZA sold stolen newspapers on the Verazzano bridge, and it is mentioned in the song P.L.O. style: "P.L.O., peace to that nigga Barryano/ Word up, let's take him to the bridge, Verrazano."
    The original WuWear store: 61 Victory Boulevard Staten Island. This store closed and is now a unisex salon.
    Paul Castellano's mansion on Todt Hill: Paul Castellano, the late head of the Gambino crime family, had a mansion on the top of Todt Hill and enrolled his children in nearby schools. Members of the Wu Tang clan admired his house and felt inspired to become as successful as Castellano. They used to call it the White House.
    Shaolin Kung Fu Temple: The Wu Tang Clan modeled their philosophy and style after Shaolin King Fu teachings. They call Staten Island Shaolin in many of their songs and often make kung fu references. like Wu Tang clan.
    Wu Nails: RZA's sister opened a salon next door to the original Wu Wear store on Victory Boulevard called Wu Nails. It has also closed. Sadly.
    Note: Though some of these places are closed, we can't list where the Wu Clan magic is precisely anyway. Since like Willow's finger, the magic is inside us.
    Previously: Gangs of New York, The Best Sushi in New York by the Best Palates of Our Generation, Lucky Map No. 13: Prospect Heights
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Someone with a map of SI should pinpoint hot spots with names and stuff.

Indeed Wu-Tourism.

I myself already did it once. BUt I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

that guide is sick... fucked up but sadly true.. but i do remember wu-nails being across the street. the pizza shop next to that was banggggggin.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

My friend that lives in Stapelton told me that there's a mural by the mini-market where they shot "Mighty Healthy".... wit' all the Wu member's autographs...... that's the only one I know of.......
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=55925&dateline=119951  8518

THE CHEF LOVES MY MASTERPIECE

There was (not sure if it is still there) a graff piece of uncontrolled substance on the coner of broad and bay. It is the cover of the album on the wall. Not sure if it still there though,

Get your most expensive camera and walk into the Parkhill projects. If anyone tries to rob you just scream out suuuuu and each clan member will appear out of thin air except for ugod will ride up to you on his unicycle and cap will offer you a lift in his taxi.