Thread: Breakbeat in GZA - Investigative Reports

Killah Hills 10304

Question Breakbeat in GZA - Investigative Reports

I know this isn't what this area of the forums is for, but it definitely seems the most appropriate to me.

So, my question is... where is this breakbeat from? What is it called? To me, it epitomizes what a good break is... hard to say any one of them is the best, but it's certainly a good one. Whatever it is, it's not just a drum machine affair. Wondering if anybody recognizes where it, or its component parts were sampled from?

Default Re: Breakbeat in GZA - Investigative Reports

That's a hard one man...

I've actually been through a couple of vynil that had that loop. I have recognized it from where somewhere. But cant remember the record right now...

It's nice to see cats picking out details in beats like that even if its just a drumloop. It shows how RZA was and still is a true and serious beat maker.

Right now the current mainstream stuff is so hollow and easy.

peace. hip hop.
    Black Vote For Sale

MoonGod Allah of the most high bros used that same drumloop on that ten tigers disc part 2...
    Black Vote For Sale

Killah Hills 10304

Thanks a lot for the info... much appreciated. If you ever remember the name of the vinyl with the source sound, send a PM my way or something. I collect breaks, and I'd love to have a dirty copy cut from my own turntable.

And I'm on the same shit... I'm sick of all this delicate sounding digital shit...

Thing I like about the break I'm talking about in this thread is the stereo width of the bass drum and the hi-hat and the snare kind of forming one sound... it's deep and lo-fi as fuck. Most shit doesn't hit like that anymore... it's all brittle.