Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 NFL Draft

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kurupt_kw View Post
    Jaguars need a premium defensive end. I would love to see them get Jarred Allen or Terrel Suggs but they both will get the franchise tag I'm sure which would cost them two first round picks and a lot of money. So that's really not a great idea. They really need to be able to get to the QB though.
    They should nab that dude from Va. Tech or Vernon Gholston from Ohio State. Gholston is a beast. Just look what he did against Jake Long(the no. 1 tackle inthe draft) in Ohio States game against MIch. He dominated him.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Thats a good point, which is why I hope they stick with Anderson one more year....but I DO think Quinn is a better QB than Rivers. And Anderson benefitted from a great line and a Pro Bowl WR and TE.
    unless you're Ass, any QB is gonna benefit from a great line and pro bowl WR & TE lol. It's just that if you got a guy that is consistently scoring points and moving the ball then you've found what you're looking for at the QB posistion right? I'm not a Brown's fan so I don't pay that much attention but it seemed like their biggest issue was stopping the other team from scoring.

Quinn looked good in the pre-season but everyone should know how little that means. I'm sure you remember Eric Zion (or some shit like that) If I'm the GM I stick with the guy who has proven he can get the job done.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
    the packers really don't have many spots where they need anyone. it depends on who leaves if anyone. they just need to work on depth in the o line and they set

i think they should concentrate on gettin a guard.. an if they can pick up a playmaker on defense, such as trufant or lance briggs, that would be sick..

they should also look for another tight end to take reps for bubba franks, who is approaching retirement quickly... marion barber is also a free agent, imagine him and grant sharin duties..

other than that, greenbay looks pretty solid for bein the youngest team in the nfl..

Marion Barber is a restricted free agent but the Cowboys won't let him go anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
    unless you're Ass, any QB is gonna benefit from a great line and pro bowl WR & TE lol. It's just that if you got a guy that is consistently scoring points and moving the ball then you've found what you're looking for at the QB posistion right? I'm not a Brown's fan so I don't pay that much attention but it seemed like their biggest issue was stopping the other team from scoring.

Quinn looked good in the pre-season but everyone should know how little that means. I'm sure you remember Eric Zion (or some shit like that) If I'm the GM I stick with the guy who has proven he can get the job done.
    The Browns just drafted and signed Brady Quin last year. If I were the gm, I'd trade Derek Anderson because he's going to want a big contract and you just signed Quinn, you'd be spending too much on one position in which one player isn't even playing that much. Yea, you could trade Quinn but it would be too much of a salary cap hit. Another scenerio could giving Anderson an extension, like 2 or 3 year extension but I doubt he would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleArmor79 View Post
    i think they should concentrate on gettin a guard.. an if they can pick up a playmaker on defense, such as trufant or lance briggs, that would be sick..

they should also look for another tight end to take reps for bubba franks, who is approaching retirement quickly... marion barber is also a free agent, imagine him and grant sharin duties..

other than that, greenbay looks pretty solid for bein the youngest team in the nfl..
    i don't really think they need a playmaker on defense, and they definitly have the corner position pretty set with harris woodson williams and blackmon. trufant would be a good addition i guess but really unnecessary. briggs is a better idea but also pretty unnecessary. at the tight end they got lee who had a really good year in franks absence and some less experienced guy thats supposed to be pretty good. marion barber would be fuckin sweet. but i doubt that would work out. honestly the only positions is offensive gaurd and maybe defensive tackle because williams might be leaving. if they get good players at those two positions and provide depth for all the others theyll be unstoppable. i can't wait for next season

Banned

I'm a Browns fan and while Anderson did put up numbers, he wasn't great. He's solid, but he relies on his arm strength too much and is a horrible short to medium passer. Quinn played a series or too when ANderson got hurt and led the team down the field impressively for a TD.

He will be a good QB. Anderson wants Romo money and I wouldnt give it to him, cuz he's not worth it and neither is Tony Romo.

But yes, I do remember Eric Zeier.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    I'm a Browns fan and while Anderson did put up numbers, he wasn't great. He's solid, but he relies on his arm strength too much and is a horrible short to medium passer. Quinn played a series or too when ANderson got hurt and led the team down the field impressively for a TD.

He will be a good QB. Anderson wants Romo money and I wouldnt give it to him, cuz he's not worth it and neither is Tony Romo.

But yes, I do remember Eric Zeier.
    mmmmm, interesting. how high a pick do you think they could get for Anderson? There's alot of teams out there hurting for a QB, just glad the Texans aren't one of them (finally)

Support the Real. Click HERE

Banned

mmmmm, interesting. how high a pick do you think they could get for Anderson? There's alot of teams out there hurting for a QB, just glad the Texans aren't one of them (finally)
    Im not positive but I think its a first round pick. We may not know till draft day.