Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Can You Say You Support The Wu And Not Support Wu-latino

Exclamation

I donīt like this, but i will listen it before make a critic, but there's one point that results molest to me.

Why you call him self the label as latino, this shit must be called Wu Tang Boricua... Where tha fuck are the ret of the latin???

And that reggaetton shit, the mayority of the latino movement outsides puerto rico hates that shit... so, make what you gonna do, i will support that, but stops washing your fuckin mouths with the word latino... latino means more than some spanish influences and hot music; thats only a sector, a repudiated sector of the latino movement.

If you consider yourself as a latino, yo can read the following lines, and give me some help

Blessings, and keep the Wu.

Si seņores, soy un chileno orgulloso, horrorizado, al igual que gran parte de mis colegas americanos, de esa mierda de reggaetton invadiendo y corrompiendo esto.

Solo me resta decir, si alguien tiene algun problema, me gustaria debatir al respecto, porque, asi como ustedes no conocen como va la escena mas alla de puerto rico, al parecer, me seria de suma utilidad aclarar ciertos puntos en los cuales pudiese estar equivocado.... de preferencia en espaņol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedrek View Post
    This Wu Latino is the same as any other latin hip hop....you ain't original. Nothing special. only that you name yourself as Wu. But good luck....and make some difference...and it's boring...kurwa
    We ain't original based on what??? Latinos can't do hip hop all of a sudden? Someone needs a little brush up on their Hip Hop history...

"I donīt like this, but i will listen it before make a critic, but there's one point that results molest to me."

-I'm sorry you feel molested...

"Why you call him self the label as latino, this shit must be called Wu Tang Boricua... Where tha fuck are the ret of the latin???"

-Noone is calling himself latino, the label is called "Wu Tang Latino". We cater to a majority Latino audience but to expect a label to have representation from every Latino country simply because of the name is just ridiculous...

"And that reggaetton shit, the mayority of the latino movement outsides puerto rico hates that shit..."

-And? First off I disagree and the facts back me up. Second, if you aren't Puerto Rican and everyone outside of Puerto Rico hates it how did you hear about it? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone within your demographic will also dislike it. Third, the album and the label have a limited amount of Reggaeton, and there is a great mix of urban music.

"but stops washing your fuckin mouths with the word latino... latino means more than some spanish influences and hot music; thats only a sector, a repudiated sector of the latino movement."

-What the hell are you talkin about???

"Si seņores, soy un chileno orgulloso, horrorizado, al igual que gran parte de mis colegas americanos, de esa mierda de reggaetton invadiendo y corrompiendo esto."

-I know a lot of Latinos don't like black music, but hey, you can't please everyone. I do have some Chilean fans though!

"Solo me resta decir, si alguien tiene algun problema, me gustaria debatir al respecto, porque, asi como ustedes no conocen como va la escena mas alla de puerto rico, al parecer, me seria de suma utilidad aclarar ciertos puntos en los cuales pudiese estar equivocado.... de preferencia en espaņol"

-Aparentemente tu tienes la impresion de que este foro y la disquera se encuentran en Puerto Rico. Para informarle, el Reggaeton esta vendiendo bastante sin que a ti te guste. La disquera no es solamente para Puerto Riquenos. Tu opinion es basada en tu experiencia sin salir de Chile. Nuestra musica se escucha por dondequiera y si te molesta es por envidioso.

Quote Originally Posted by WuLatino- MANGANI View Post
    We ain't original based on what??? Latinos can't do hip hop all of a sudden? Someone needs a little brush up on their Hip Hop history...

based on what other latin's where doing in hip hop. The sound, the style is the same. Tell me what's fresh in Wu latino that will interest people?? I know that ameicans are fucking ignorant and when they don't understand the language they don't like it. But tell me why should I buy your cd?? What difference is from the other latin artists??

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

I don't support the Wu, I'm not their collective mother. I buy music I like, I use my judgement to choose what new stuff to listen to cos I don't have time for everything. Who decided that if you like Wu-Tang you have to buy everyone they ever have any association with?

People don't expect Jay-Z fans to buy everyone on Def Jam's records, it seems to be a Wu-Tang only expectation.

To be honest, I post on this forum cos it's funny, but not cos it's a Wu-Tang forum. I don't post that much in the Wu section. I listen to hundreds of artists, not just stuff with the W seal of approval.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 04-06-2008 at 05:01 AM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Look, I don't know where you guys got the impression that we are somehow trying to convince you to be our fans. We are not. We are simply making the information available to those who might be interested in it. If you are not interested, GREAT! No harm done!

My problem is that you guys have absolutely no opinion on the music itself! LOL! How can you even expect anyone to value your opinion on a musical project based on everything other than the music itself???

Of course your expectations are not the same as ours, and the project will reflect what the ARTISTS wanted reflected- if it doesn't fit your mold, your personal stereotype of what is acceptable to you for listening enjoyment, or otherwise is simply not your style, thank you for checkin us out, give us your opinion THEN, and move on, but to make that decision based on everything but the music is ridiculous. This project will have digital distribution and you can listen to most if not all of the tracks before you make a decision to purchase the CD so it's not like anyone is being forcefed anything. Listen, then give us your opinion...

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Yeah but the thread title is alluding to the fact that we should all be 'supporting' Wu-Latino. If it read 'Why don't you give Wu-Latino a chance before slating it to shit' then I'd agree with you.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Quote Originally Posted by WuLatino- MANGANI View Post
    Look, I don't know where you guys got the impression that we are somehow trying to convince you to be our fans. We are not. We are simply making the information available to those who might be interested in it. If you are not interested, GREAT! No harm done!

My problem is that you guys have absolutely no opinion on the music itself! LOL! How can you even expect anyone to value your opinion on a musical project based on everything other than the music itself???

Of course your expectations are not the same as ours, and the project will reflect what the ARTISTS wanted reflected- if it doesn't fit your mold, your personal stereotype of what is acceptable to you for listening enjoyment, or otherwise is simply not your style, thank you for checkin us out, give us your opinion THEN, and move on, but to make that decision based on everything but the music is ridiculous. This project will have digital distribution and you can listen to most if not all of the tracks before you make a decision to purchase the CD so it's not like anyone is being forcefed anything. Listen, then give us your opinion...
    Im interested but im' giving only my point of view. i've listened to your music at myspace. You're the best of latinos I like this "mangani , puenta" but other doesn't impress me. I don't have any stereotype of music I can listen to any kind only in one condition. If it is fresh, original, unpredictable. That is Wu Tang. In this symbol I expect the highest level of hip hop. If you wanna be Wu you can't accept mediocrity. Maybe i'm wrong and this La familia will convince me. I wish you good luck.

P.S. Big plus for you that you're posting here;-) don't discourage cause some fucking haters. No one said it will be easy... honestly i don't except of you something special so you can suprise me
    Last edited by WuLatino- MANGANI; 05-01-2008 at 01:26 PM.

mangani puneta sorry;-)

I also listened to Boyz Del Barrio - Mama....wtf is this??? hahahah latino backstreet boys???

so you now know what i mean.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jedrek View Post
    I also listened to Boyz Del Barrio - Mama....wtf is this??? hahahah latino backstreet boys???

so you now know what i mean.....
    Bwaajajajajaja! No comment...

Naw naw naw... for real though- the chicks like it! These dudes have been around for a minute now and have a very strong fanbase that they will bring with them to WuLatino.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
    Yeah but the thread title is alluding to the fact that we should all be 'supporting' Wu-Latino. If it read 'Why don't you give Wu-Latino a chance before slating it to shit' then I'd agree with you.
    I understand where you're coming from, but I think that's what DJ Tecnine meant when he made this thread (I didn't make it). It was in response to people dissing Wu Latino just for the sake of it being "Wu Latino". My responses are based on the fact that I really don't think people would indiscriminately dismiss the label if they listened to at least some of MY tracks (of course, that's coming from me, the artist so take it for what it's worth). If someone dislikes my music after listening to it I am all for hearing their feedback, but I don't like it when people go "blahh" before tasting the food...

Guys thanks a lot for the support! Remember, this is just the first project. Of course we put a lot of effort into it, but our individual projects will be much better because we will have more time, funds, and our team is more fully established now.

There is a lot of news circulating around the web concerning Wu Tang Latino so keep your eyes and ears open!

Quote Originally Posted by djtecnine View Post
    Why can't you people give it your blessings instead of hating on it. Why do you hate? Because you dont understand the language
    It's not about the language...I'm spanish, so I understand the language...

It's about realness...fuck raggaeton.

And I can't understand why Wu Latino have the "W"... because that letter represent the opposite that they represent. Go with Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, and find your own style... the "$" symbol style.