Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VP of Wu Latino speaks truth!

Default VP of Wu Latino speaks truth!

To all mi Gente Latina and all the Hip Hop Heads...

Let's talk history before we begin the negative comments, or any comments for that matter.

Hip Hop is a culture, a way of life! Rap is something you do. Hip Hop is something you live!

Wu Tang Latino is a serious label. The new album will be released April 29th and features the following artists:

Mangani - Hip Hop & Reggaeton. Real street fire!
    DJ Tito & Playaz Choice/Puh Barrio - Real Hip Hop
    Ukrime - Straight from Bushwick. Check out the single "Brooklyn".
    Greckz - his album will feature Inspektah Deck, Lumidee, Joell Ortiz, Jadakis and more. He is only 19.
    Rameses - A major Reggaeton artist that has produced for Daddy Yankee, Currently producing for Don Omar and has produced with the legendary Miles Copeland. More of a Latin Reggaeton Artist.
    FLY & POLZINO -2 young cats from Boca Raton that have a down south Hip Hop swagger that does not quit. Look for these guys real soon.

The company has revamped all staff members and we are coming back with a force. The Mixtape that was released, "Quemando El Genero", did go over 1 million copies. Keep in mind that by reading the comments in these forums, I hope to answer all questions. The new web page will be up at the beginning of March. The myspace page has been revamped and you can see it now.

Yes, RZA is fully aware of the label and fully supports it.

Keep in mind that y'all have to do research before you pass judgement. Halp the comments I herar are great. The other half...where do you come from? Learn the business and the culture before you speak. Hip Hop is a brand of many kinds. In fact, Hip Hop started out with samples from the jump! I'm not a big fan of samples but that is a fact. Although we were rockin' it in the streets, Hip Hop blew up in cross over and with the clubs early on. For all you who claim you are Hip Hop heads and speak of albums sold...do the research. The music and albums sold are two different things in this business. Some do it for the money and some doing for the art. Which are you speaking for? Holla back!

Anthony
    VP of Wu Latino

thas the feed back we can use here.... can we get separate threads in the forum for each artist with a bio and downloads (samples or full tracks or remixes) so we can familiarize ourselves with the new talent coming from our newest offspring?! that shit would be dope...
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Thumbs up

That's a good idea Phace. I'll see if I can get some MP3s from what we got so far. At least some examples of tracks from cats represented on the album.

As a big Wu fan and as a latino im very wary of projects like this, I want to see my people succeed but I always felt (and still do to some degree) that if Wu Latino is to be respected and not be sidelined as just cashing in on latino demographic, that it should have real HIP HOP mc's in the traditional sense as opposed to Reggaeton artists. Dom Pachino should also have been the one to lead this label out the gates since he's held it down for latins in wu for the longest time.

Saying that though from what i've heard of Mangani im gonna give Wu Latino the benefit of the doubt, im gonna check for this release and hopefully I won't be disapointed. It looks as if you're gonna have some traditional hip hop, I just hope the rappers measure up.

Peace to Mangani and the rest of Wu Latino.....you have my attention, make our people look good.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

are there any english latino rappers who are really raw and spitten over some ill wu-element productions???

if not i think u need to call Rza and let them know u got me and need a dope beat for the last song on the album! (jokingly but serious.)
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Quote Originally Posted by P-Noid Brown View Post
    are there any english latino rappers who are really raw and spitten over some ill wu-element productions???

if not i think u need to call Rza and let them know u got me and need a dope beat for the last song on the album! (jokingly but serious.)
    Phace, we are currently working on other projects. This one's been closed for a while... I can definitely get you on DJ Tito's Highway 420 vol. 3 though, which SHOULD be complete around the same time of the release (not sure when he's gonna finish it). If you have some acapellas, we can have Tito make a beat to it, or one of our other producers like Puhbarrio who has a strong Wu element to his production. There are other projects as well, but I think this will be a good mixtape to feature you on! Let me know what you think... you have my contact info. And Tito's too, right?

wooo you go latinoes

hey mangani what tracks did rameses produce for don omar and daddy yankee just curious would like to check them out

Quote Originally Posted by portis24 View Post
    hey mangani what tracks did rameses produce for don omar and daddy yankee just curious would like to check them out
    Portis, I am not ignoring your question. I am waiting for a response from the WTL PR guy on this.

Quote Originally Posted by portis24 View Post
    Portis, I didn't get a specific answer, but I was told he is working in Echo in his studio. He worked on the intro and outtro to Barrio Fino, as well as working on some tracks for the album (I believe he has a plaque and a grammy for that album, but don't quote me on the grammy!)

As far as Don Omar, I don't know about past projects or where you even got that info, but again- he works at Echo's studio, so he probably touched most tracks produced by Echo in some way or another (probably mostly as an engineer). Again, I wasn't given specifics, but that's the gist of it. Hope this at least somewhat answers your question...

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    As a big Wu fan and as a latino im very wary of projects like this, I want to see my people succeed but I always felt (and still do to some degree) that if Wu Latino is to be respected and not be sidelined as just cashing in on latino demographic, that it should have real HIP HOP mc's in the traditional sense as opposed to Reggaeton artists. Dom Pachino should also have been the one to lead this label out the gates since he's held it down for latins in wu for the longest time.

Saying that though from what i've heard of Mangani im gonna give Wu Latino the benefit of the doubt, im gonna check for this release and hopefully I won't be disapointed. It looks as if you're gonna have some traditional hip hop, I just hope the rappers measure up.

Peace to Mangani and the rest of Wu Latino.....you have my attention, make our people look good.
    i just think the whole thing is an attempt to cash in on latinos period.

Wu-Black fucks up a lot, so im probably not giving Wu-Latino a fair chance, but i just think the whole idea is gimmicky, corny, gay, and sellouty.

idk why everyones always talking about 50 cent likes he's a "sell out" while wu tang makes Wu-Souths, Wu-DownsyndromePatients Wu-Cripple,
    Wu-Slut, Wu-Latino, Wu-Jew, and any other thing they can slap the wu name on to and make the collect as a whole, and they new exploitative, non-profittable, sub-division suffer from oversaturation and corniness.
    Last edited by TSA; 04-07-2008 at 07:47 PM.

infact why would you even slap Wu- infront of your name?

respect them all you want, but that's the worst career move ever, it leaves you forever stagnated as "mini-wu" and you'll never be bigger then the original because you'll be a sub-division...add that to the fact that wu's "comeback album" only did 40,000, and your just shooting yourself in the wu-dick

This coming from a guy who calls himself "Shaolin Assassin"?

Apparently you have no basic industry knowledge, a concept of entrepeneurship, or an idea of how this world works. Wu Tang Latino is called Wu Tang Latino because it was established by the Rza- who founded the WU Tang Clan, and Rayroq Acosta- who is a Latino and wanted to start a Latino label. If you don't see the logic in the name THERE, then you are just not being rational.

As for exploiting Latinos- business is exploitation. You can cry about it, or you can revel in it. It is exploitative to put my face on my Myspace page and have people listen to my music, but how would you know who I was otherwise??? It is exploitative for me to come in here and promote the album and the label, but if I didn't who would respond to these ridiculous statements???

People have placed a lot of power in their conceptions of the meaning of words. Much like Bush uses Orwellian speech to keep the nation in check and in fear, you are using words to manipulate thought. "Exploitation" is to take "unfair advantage" of a person, situation, or group. Mutual exploitation makes for fair advantage, and therefore in that sense noone is really being exploited.

We are exploiting Latinos by BEING latinos, making Latino music, and marketing it to Latinos??? So be it...

the shaolinassassin comes from the guy that made this account and is a reference to his skill with the "shaolin style" back massage.

plus wu-latino is a retarded idea, ya'll should just be called Latino..or something, Wu before it is stagnating

'

vpofwulatino should look into the direction Hell Razah is going and the moves hes making in the industry.

I'm sorry but RZA sometimes seems like that kid in school who could never get his final project completed on time.
    Last edited by The Seer; 04-08-2008 at 11:46 PM. Reason: addressed to wriong person