Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To KillaBee Or Not To KillaBee?...That Is The Question

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

who knows if they would have ever even been heard of if it wasnt for wu & the wu movement and how wu kicked the doors of the industry open. look at how many MC's are on the map b/c of wu and what they did (business-wise). but, they cant do it all. they cant make every single MC a platinum artist that drops an album every 24 months. as far as a lack of shine/exposure, a lot of blame belongs w/ the record industry. look whats happened to the record industry over the past 5 yrs. its nearly impossible to go platinum.

Nice summary at the moment I think the killa beez are lyrically better than the actual Clan

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

^^ I'd say that's true of Macabeez, but dunno about the rest. Especially all the piece of shit rappers claiming affiliation (yeah rrraaadddrrrr i'm talkin about you).

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Quote Originally Posted by pmack215 View Post
    who knows if they would have ever even been heard of if it wasnt for wu & the wu movement and how wu kicked the doors of the industry open. look at how many MC's are on the map b/c of wu and what they did (business-wise). but, they cant do it all. they cant make every single MC a platinum artist that drops an album every 24 months. as far as a lack of shine/exposure, a lot of blame belongs w/ the record industry. look whats happened to the record industry over the past 5 yrs. its nearly impossible to go platinum.
    I think you may have a point with the current state of the recording industry.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

The good thing about the music industry at the moment is that with internet releases and self promotion, the need for a record label has diminished. You have to remember that selling 500,000 records but only getting $1 or something for each sale brings in the same cash to the artist as selling 50,000 records and getting $10 from each.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
    The good thing about the music industry at the moment is that with internet releases and self promotion, the need for a record label has diminished. You have to remember that selling 500,000 records but only getting $1 or something for each sale brings in the same cash to the artist as selling 50,000 records and getting $10 from each.
    Which is what most if not all the killa bees are doing.

Method Man

I wonder how much they're actually selling though. Would be interested to see the figures for Bronze, Razah & Priest's recent efforts.

Makes you wonder how much LA got from the indie released Heist though.

I wonder how much they're actually selling though. Would be interested to see the figures for Bronze, Razah & Priest's recent efforts.

Makes you wonder how much LA got from the indie released Heist though.
    I don't think LA even cares about his record sales with the amount of money he makes in his other ventures. He even said it himself recently that the only reason he is making his sophmore album is because people have been asking about it, he said the sales figures won't really matter much to him.

With regards to the others I would be more interested to know the world figures as opposed to just americas.

Method Man

Yeah but I was getting at the fact that Heist Of the Century apparently sold hundreds of thousands of copies as an indie release. That must have led to a fat pay cheque for LA.

Ya'll make some great points, but who'll help the Wu-Tang Killa Beez if the Wu-Tang itself is deteriorating.

^^ That's why personally I'd jump from the sinking ship and just promote myself on my own back.

Yeah but I was getting at the fact that Heist Of the Century apparently sold hundreds of thousands of copies as an indie release. That must have led to a fat pay cheque for LA.
    It probably did seeing as most can't find it in stores, I think all the copies that he shipped must have been sold since the ones you can pick up are used.

Method Man

^^ That's why personally I'd jump from the sinking ship and just promote myself on my own back.
    People think that, but it wouldn't hurt sales if it had the Wu-Tang Logo.

^^ I dunno, I think it gives the impression of 'why buy this when I could get real wu-tang instead of a hanger on'. Obviously I know they're not all worthless hangers on, but it gives that impression. If they were more worthy than Wu-Tang Clan themselves, then surely they'd have their own hangers on instead of being hangers on.

^^ I dunno, I think it gives the impression of 'why buy this when I could get real wu-tang instead of a hanger on'. Obviously I know they're not all worthless hangers on, but it gives that impression. If they were more worthy than Wu-Tang Clan themselves, then surely they'd have their own hangers on instead of being hangers on.
    I agree to that extent, but sometimes I think people take the Wu-Tang name too serious in CD Selection. When I started a thread asking which Wu-Tang Killa Beez albums I should get, many of the answers were "Sunz of Man, Royal Fam, Killarmy, 12 O'Clock, Gravediggaz" and I thought to myself "are they just saying that cuz Rza named them in that intro?" So I went around getting some Killah Priest and Shabazz since they've cut their Wu-Tang ties, now they're back and I wasn't dissappointed with their moves. That's the reason I got Deadly Venoms, Soul Kid Klik, Warcloud, & Northstar. I'm not regreting getting them since they've broken into my house and stole all my CD collection a few weeks back, and some CD's I didn't have a copy on my computer. Not many Killa Beez albums are top priority to re-buy.