Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wu Tang Latino Presents- La Familia, Track Listing!!!

Default Wu Tang Latino Presents- La Familia, Track Listing!!!

For those of you who were interested, concerned, or otherwise curious, here is the track listing for the album set to drop April 29, 2008!

1) Come Get It – Boyz Del Barrio (Feat. Nitty)
    2) No Me Llames – Rameses
    3) Freshest Thing – Fly & Polzino
    4) Mama – Boyz Del Barrio
    5) Burn That Beat – Rameses
    6) Pompea – Dragon
    7) Dile Que Nos Amamos – Rameses
    8) Watch Me Move – Fly & Polzino
    9) Shake – Rameses
    10) The Wu-Tang Latino Family - Playaz Choice, Puh Barrio
    11) Puneta – Mangani
    12) Who the F**k Is This – Ukrime
    13) It Is What It Is – Greckz
    14) Lo Digo Yo – Mangani
    15) Shame On Ya – DJ Tito, Puh Barrio, Playaz Choice
    16) Brooklyn – Ukrime
    17) Fumeteo - Mangani
    18) Soy Yo - Nueva Era(Bonus Track)

It's got major distribution right?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Who gives a WICKED SHIT about this BULLSHIT music?

^^^wassup wit the non-support? you got hate in ya blood? 20 bucks says this album is better than the lil zane album u got playin in ipod right now.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Reggaeton is not workin for me man...the straight rap shit i can def. feel, but if its mixed, i cant.

i copped the mix cd they put out and loved it and i can't wait for this one

Thanks for the support Portis. I was actually pretty impressed with the variety on the album myself. There is definitely something for EVERYBODY.

Banned

I was hoping this would have some Wu collaborations. Did Rza contribute any production? I'll probably still get it anyway, but it would be better with at least some Rza.

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I was hoping this would have some Wu collaborations. Did Rza contribute any production? I'll probably still get it anyway, but it would be better with at least some Rza.
    thats what i was wondering too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    No collabos on this project because it is intended to introduce the artists. Though we would definitely love to collab with the Wu, I think (at least on my end) that we need to earn the invitation to collab with them just like anyone else would. Though there aren't any collabos on this project (with Wu members), we are working on side projects with other Wu affiliates, and the official projects from the artists should have some collaboration from the Wu and Wu affiliates.

As for production, Rza has no production on this project. Part of introducing new artists is introducing their producers as well. I, for one, have my own producers, and though I would love to someday have a track produced by Rza I am all about my music, and if he produced it it wouldn't sound like me- it would sound like HIS music.

FRESH FISH

Is this still coming out on April 29th? How come I can't find it on amazon.com or cduniverse.com? Don't tell that it's only available on myspace or the wulatino website.

Quote Originally Posted by Novel T View Post
    Is this still coming out on April 29th? How come I can't find it on amazon.com or cduniverse.com? Don't tell that it's only available on myspace or the wulatino website.

I don't know of any album that has been available before it's release date, but you should find this album in most digital outlets on the 29th. Amazon.com is not a digital outlet, and neither is cduniverse.com. What I would do is check www.theorchard.com on the 29th if you are interested!

Is this gonna be available on itunes? I'll probably pick it up when it comes out...
    Last edited by Rode Block; 04-17-2008 at 01:52 AM.

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by WuLatino- MANGANI View Post
    I don't know of any album that has been available before it's release date, but you should find this album in most digital outlets on the 29th. Amazon.com is not a digital outlet, and neither is cduniverse.com. What I would do is check www.theorchard.com on the 29th if you are interested!
    Ohh, well if it's not an actual cd release and it's just a "digital release", then I will pass on it. I don't buy Wu-Tang related albums anymore unless there is an actual CD available on sites like Amazon and cduniverse. They usually have the titles of upcoming albums up a few weeks before their scheduled release date listed as "Available: and then the scheduled release date".

Wu-Tang has too many cds released if you go buy every little internet album that's available so I have to make up rules like this. So, unfortunately I'll have to pass on this album. But, if you guys ever get real distribution and can afford to press up cds and sell them on amazon and cduniverse, then maybe I'll check you guys out. You may want to try and link with an indie label like Babygrande, Koch, or Nature Sounds and see if you can get a deal with them.

Good luck!

I hope my information helps you in the future to put out a proper album!!!

Novel T, thanks for the education! It's amazing to see how many fans on this site are such experts on the industry!

For your information, however, the record label DOES have a major distributor. Given the fact that it's 2008, and CD sales (whether through Amazon- which has seen a drop in physical album sales and has even started a "MP3 Store", or in stores) have been dwindling, it is prudent for companies to target "new media" as a primary source for sales. The fact that artists who don't even go Gold in physical sales go multi-platinum in digital sales gives other people who are "experts in the industry" the common sense to realize digital sales are becoming more and more lucrative- especially given the fact that there is no loss in packaging, manufacture, and therefore no recoupment to the artist.

Furthermore, noone has stated this album will not be released in physical form. It is part of our marketing strategy, and that of our distributors (digital and physical) to release the album in digital form for some time prior to physical (interviews by executive staff can be found on the internet regarding this strategy). Even if we weren't planning on a physical release- THIS IS A COMPILATION, not an individual artist's album. The combination of these two facts- digital release and various artists- makes for a greater payout for all those involved, including artists and featured artists who wouldn't normally make a cent off of compilation album sales (due to recoupment and small royalty percentages for collaborative efforts).

Hey, again, thanks for your profound insight on the industry... but I think we got it under control...

PS. An album's presence on Amazon and Cduniverse is not indicative of a major distribution deal and/or a "proper album". ANYBODY can get a CD sold on Amazon and CDUniverse!
    Last edited by WuLatino- MANGANI; 04-17-2008 at 09:20 PM.