Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Islam & Slavery

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    Islam and Slavery:

a slave had no right to be heard in court (testimony was forbidden by slaves), had no right to property, could marry only with permission of their owner, and was considered to be a chattel, that is the (moveable) property, of the slave owner.

Slaves were obtained through conquest, tribute from vassal states (in the first such treaty, Nubia was required to provide hundreds of male and female slaves), offspring (children of slaves were also slaves, but since many slaves were castrated this was not as common as it had been in the Roman empire), and purchase.

and at the borders of the Islamic Empire vast number of new slaves were castrated ready for sale (Islamic law did not allow mutilation of slaves, so it was done before they crossed the border). The majority of these slaves came from Europe and Africa -- there were always enterprising locals ready to kidnap or capture their fellow countrymen.

Black Africans were transported to the Islamic empire across the Sahara to Morocco and Tunisia from West Africa, from Chad to Libya, along the Nile from East Africa, and up the coast of East Africa to the Persian Gulf. This trade had been well entrenched for over 600 years before Europeans arrived, and had driven the rapid expansion of Islam across North Africa.
    Wheres your bullshit from wiggaboy? what source? explain

Slaves were mostly P.O.W, but the islamic empire found it a waste to leave them as prisoners so they made them slaves, and no matter what you say the evidence points to the fact that islamic slaves were treated with more respect and dignity then most other slave trades....

KEEEP GOIN ON AND ON AND ON WIGGABOY, YOU SPEAKIN TO DA WIND
    Last edited by SID; 02-26-2008 at 01:40 PM.
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    A Muslim slave owner was entitled by law to use slaves for sexual pleasure.
    Under Arab slavery men were castrated and the women were used as sex-machines, so that over generations the offspring of the enslaved women merged into general Arab society, albeit into an inferior caste-type class of sub-species. Today we have slave descendants across the Sahara, such as the Harantines in Mauritania, to the ebony blacks in Arabia.

Mekuria Bulcha estimates that over 17 million Africans were sold to the Middle East and Asia between the sixth and twentieth centuries. In Bulcha's view the distinction between western and Islamic slavery is largely figurative. Both arrangements involved violence and cruelty as well as the devaluation of humanity.

Arab slavery is still ongoing in Africa in the Afro-Arab Borderlands. Much of the attention to contemporary Arab slavery of Africans focuses on Sudan and Mauritania but from Mali, Algeria, Niger, Libya and Chad filter through reports about slave practices.

It needs to be noted that the Arab slave trade concentrated particularly on children.

The Arabs focused and still do on children, because children are easier to re-educate and Arabise. They are also easier to capture and transport to Arabia.
    I WAS GONNA TELL YOU YOU SHOULD BE MORE ANGRY WITH THE ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE WHICH DESTROYED YOUR ORIGINAL CULTURE BUT THEN I FORGOT YOUR NOT BLACK....YOU A WIGGA BITCH WITH A SAD GIMMICK

STYLE

as i witness the window opportunity to have a meaningful discussion slamming shut i'll shove my fingers in and hope they don't get smashed.

1st i found this very interesting/educational/enlightening, new info to me.

2nd after reading thru this thread i see several different POVs being argued but all are missing the point of disagreement.

that being said i will attempt to crystallize the main points and throw my 2 cents.

there is no denying that this happened. whoever we consider arabs to be, in whatever we call their homeland, operated within a culture that had african slaves. FACT

there is no positive spin you can place on slavery, slaves are slaves are slaves. yes there are degrees of servitude, and even degrees of righteousness of purpose. but a slave is a secondary existstence in terms of the human spirit. FACT

now......

at 1st i found this subject to be counterproductive for the black american condition. on some "well they started it!" type shit. i mean speaking as an american, arabs had very little impact on my bloodline being here, it was massa thompson and whoever he bought my ancestor from. it was "whites only" signs on restrooms, waterfountains and seating arragements that my parents saw as children and young adults. its the same residual mentality that makes navigating thru life in america, difficult for a black man.

i think its important to know the origin of the african slave trade but i have to look at my peoples current condition, and why it is the way it is. it points to the european and not the arab.

NOI......the tenants of islam, ironically, appear to me and many others to lay a solid foundation to a path out of slavery. the ability to master one's self is the first step in removing an external master. while christianity supplants one master for another, in many cases another white man "jesus" . i think this is the reasoning behind the black islam movement.
    so much of african culture has been destroyed and lost, there may never come a time when black americans can "get back to their roots" we just have to either create our own using what works best for us or adopt someone's.
    that shit hurts. but whats done is done.

i have some more to say but i want t hear some response before going deeper into my line of reasoning.
    Last edited by STYLE; 02-26-2008 at 02:06 PM.

the origin of the african slave trade is africans, slavery (because it wasn't practical to build jails) made perfect sense, but it was less a life of slavery and more a sentence

until forgiven for an offense, or until you family can bail you out

but for the most part they weren't seen a lesser ppl, just jerks.

europeans traded slaves from africa because they were taking them to a foriegn land where it was harder to work, and they believe africans were stronger, more used to farming, and easier to control

before blacks there were white slaves, the term Slave comes from Slav, and Romans had a large population of european slaves

slavery is slavery anywhere no matter the form, prison is really the same thing only they don't work so in truth slavery has never been abolished in america, it's just morphed

same with arabic societies

they're all faggots

Veteran Member

im unbiased in this argument....but i did read in this book by a white dude that the Arabs during the Crusade times had better medical and hygiene practises.....

iN iSLAM ITS MARITORIOUS TO RELEASE SLAVES....BILAL WAS A COMPANION OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH) HE WAS A BLACK MAN WHO WAS ENSLAVED AND HE WAS THE FIRST ONE TO GIVE THE ADHAAN(CALL TO PRAYER/SALAH)... HIS FREEDOM WAS PAYED FOR BY ABU BAKR ANOTHER COMPANION OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD(PBUH)IN ISLAM ITS AN MERITOIROUS ACT...ILL SHOW YOU THE EVIDENCE LATER FROM THE QURAN SO YOU CAN CHECK.THE WAY THE EUROPEANS ENSLAVED PEOPLE, IT WAS A FORM OF DEHUMINASING, STRIPING A HUMAN BEING FROM EVERYTHING, TORTURE, MALTREATMENT....THEY LOOKED APON PEOPLE AS CATTLE, CARGO.....EVERYTHING BUT HUMAN.....THOSE ARABS WHO ENSLAVED PEOPLE IN A VISIOUS MANNER WERE NOT ADHERENTS OF THE QURAN OR THE SUNNAH OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD....

ORPHANS OF CUSH

OUT SOON

Banned

There is so much bullshit that you can't help but step in at least some of it.

Everything is linked on a large scale, all events so if you want to get to the ROOT of a problem you have to go back.
    But that doesnt mean it will solve the problem, so in that sense, its time to get over the past and move forward with what we have and build from there.
    But that doesnt mean you shouldnt know your history.

Im shocked sometimes what people dont know about history of their own country in the 20th century, let alone Middle eastern history during the Islamic Golden Age. It doesnt effect most people, so they dont care.....It doesnt affect Stylemasterr, so he thinks it counterproductive, slavery of English towards blacks doesnt affect me, so I see it counterproductive.....
    Is there anything wrong with this?? No, at least I dont think so.
    But apathy is never good, so we should all care to an extent on a grander scale, but how much should we care, and will it even matter?
    Just like he said, different points of view.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlaK FuRYaN View Post
    iN iSLAM ITS MARITORIOUS TO RELEASE SLAVES....BILAL WAS A COMPANION OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH) HE WAS A BLACK MAN WHO WAS ENSLAVED AND HE WAS THE FIRST ONE TO GIVE THE ADHAAN(CALL TO PRAYER/SALAH)... HIS FREEDOM WAS PAYED FOR BY ABU BAKR ANOTHER COMPANION OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD(PBUH)IN ISLAM ITS AN MERITOIROUS ACT...ILL SHOW YOU THE EVIDENCE LATER FROM THE QURAN SO YOU CAN CHECK.THE WAY THE EUROPEANS ENSLAVED PEOPLE, IT WAS A FORM OF DEHUMINASING, STRIPING A HUMAN BEING FROM EVERYTHING, TORTURE, MALTREATMENT....THEY LOOKED APON PEOPLE AS CATTLE, CARGO.....EVERYTHING BUT HUMAN.....THOSE ARABS WHO ENSLAVED PEOPLE IN A VISIOUS MANNER WERE NOT ADHERENTS OF THE QURAN OR THE SUNNAH OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD....
    do you know the difference between a muslim and an arab?

btw, there's numerous accounts of "muslims" adherents of the quran as being everything you said european slave traders/owners were.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by sidious_katana View Post
    Wheres your bullshit from wiggaboy? what source? explain

Slaves were mostly P.O.W, but the islamic empire found it a waste to leave them as prisoners so they made them slaves, and no matter what you say the evidence points to the fact that islamic slaves were treated with more respect and dignity then most other slave trades....

KEEEP GOIN ON AND ON AND ON WIGGABOY, YOU SPEAKIN TO DA WIND
    I'M SPEAKING TO THE WIND SO YOU DECIDE TO REPLY TO THE WIND?

WHERE'S YOUR EVIDENCE THAT ARABS CONTRIBUTED THE MOST TO MODERN SOCIETY? THIS IS LIKE THE THIRD TIME I'VE ASKED FOR THAT INFORMATION THAT I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE.

Quote Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
    as i witness the window opportunity to have a meaningful discussion slamming shut i'll shove my fingers in and hope they don't get smashed.

1st i found this very interesting/educational/enlightening, new info to me.

2nd after reading thru this thread i see several different POVs being argued but all are missing the point of disagreement.

that being said i will attempt to crystallize the main points and throw my 2 cents.

there is no denying that this happened. whoever we consider arabs to be, in whatever we call their homeland, operated within a culture that had african slaves. FACT

there is no positive spin you can place on slavery, slaves are slaves are slaves. yes there are degrees of servitude, and even degrees of righteousness of purpose. but a slave is a secondary existstence in terms of the human spirit. FACT

now......

at 1st i found this subject to be counterproductive for the black american condition. on some "well they started it!" type shit. i mean speaking as an american, arabs had very little impact on my bloodline being here, it was massa thompson and whoever he bought my ancestor from. it was "whites only" signs on restrooms, waterfountains and seating arragements that my parents saw as children and young adults. its the same residual mentality that makes navigating thru life in america, difficult for a black man.

i think its important to know the origin of the african slave trade but i have to look at my peoples current condition, and why it is the way it is. it points to the european and not the arab.

NOI......the tenants of islam, ironically, appear to me and many others to lay a solid foundation to a path out of slavery. the ability to master one's self is the first step in removing an external master. while christianity supplants one master for another, in many cases another white man "jesus" . i think this is the reasoning behind the black islam movement.
    so much of african culture has been destroyed and lost, there may never come a time when black americans can "get back to their roots" we just have to either create our own using what works best for us or adopt someone's.
    that shit hurts. but whats done is done.

i have some more to say but i want t hear some response before going deeper into my line of reasoning.
    First off i never agreed slavery was a good thing, iam obviously against the whole concept of it along with mental slavery, i was jus stating some facts about "islamic and arab" slavery that some people got twisted, it is factual that the muslims treated them in a much better manner then all other slave traders(it is wrong completely, but i am approaching ancient slavery with understanding, because i cant even start to imagine how it was all those years ago).

I dident want to switch it to anything about islamic contributions to the world, but whiteman brung it, if the point of this thread was to let people know that arabs had the more slaves then the atlantic trade, you have done it, i was mearly stating some facts about how the treatment of slaves was in the arab world compered to the atlantic slave trade, and how that is a much more important part of slave history to be discussed, wouldent you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by -The A to the Z- View Post
    im unbiased in this argument....but i did read in this book by a white dude that the Arabs during the Crusade times had better medical and hygiene practises.....
    NO DOUBT!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    There is so much bullshit that you can't help but step in at least some of it.

Everything is linked on a large scale, all events so if you want to get to the ROOT of a problem you have to go back.
    But that doesnt mean it will solve the problem, so in that sense, its time to get over the past and move forward with what we have and build from there.
    But that doesnt mean you shouldnt know your history.

Im shocked sometimes what people dont know about history of their own country in the 20th century, let alone Middle eastern history during the Islamic Golden Age. It doesnt effect most people, so they dont care.....It doesnt affect Stylemasterr, so he thinks it counterproductive, slavery of English towards blacks doesnt affect me, so I see it counterproductive.....
    Is there anything wrong with this?? No, at least I dont think so.
    But apathy is never good, so we should all care to an extent on a grander scale, but how much should we care, and will it even matter?
    Just like he said, different points of view.
    I gave you a list of Top scholars,philosophers,astronimers,polymaths and mathmetitions of the Islamic golden age with a bit of factual info to go with it-iam wondering how that makes me no nothing about the islamic golden age?

Banned

I never said you personally didnt know anything. Relax, i dont know why you ever though i was attacking you, it was more like picking your brain.....a list is what it is...a list. I could grab a list of top selling dog food brands off of wikipedia, but does that make me an expert on dog food sales?????

Veteran Member

i never agreed slavery was a good thing
    but you did say that only positive came out of slavery when dealing with islam.

STYLE

well the window seems closed. glad i pulled my hand back out. first. lol

Veteran Member

A lot of u here are very easy to deceive. Any one can put together video and audio showing pictures of Arabs and blacks with an Arabic accented voice and say what the video said. But where are the sources? Did any of u think of that?

Ironic that this is in a Know The Ledge forum and most of you have none regarding the subject of the video.

The way I see it, the Caucasian man, from his first contact with Muslims sought to link Islam with everything that is negative. This Crusade continues on today with media reports and videos.

The Caucasian man is seeking to rewrite history the way he sees fit. But since the white man does a horrible job at writing history, leaving out the accomplishments of my people, then why should I believe the stuff in the video? To me it is just propaganda cuz the white man knows that the majority of converts to Islam are African Americans, so now he ( whitey) is seeking to reduce the amount of converts by linking Islam with slavery.

Veteran Member

Again, where are the sources?

If you guys are this easy to deceive, I bet you are the first to line up for microchips to be put in you when the NWO is in full force.