Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Potentially "unheard" wu shit from 97

Veteran Member

RE-UP please.

I Have a copy of the Mystagogue Vol. 1 that i got with a Wu-Tang skateboard deck back in the 90s. I just found the tape a few days ago while going through some old stuff. There doesn't seem to be too many out there. Dude had one on eBay a few weeks ago but nobody bought it. He was in Lithuania tho. Other than that one, and mine, there's the guy that put it up online a few years back. I didn't see any evidence that any others where known about.

would anyone trade his/her wu tang mystagogue vol. 2 tape for a near mint copy of vol.1?

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

It would be a dream come true if someone would be able to remaster and re-release both volumes on a limited vinyl press.

The two Mystagogue mixtapes were NOT mixed by the RZA. They were in fact produced by a DJ/turntablist/producer by the name of Tobe Donohue a.k.a. DJ Casual T from the Animal Crackers crew out of Cincinnati, OH. The Animal Crackers crew were part of the group responsible for Scribble Jam and are affiliated with DJ Mr. Dibbs.

I managed to get in touch with him via e-mail to confirm his work on the two tapes. I informed him of the ripped audio mp3s that are circulating and he will take a look in his archives for the original DAT tapes. Maybe I can persuade him to remaster and re-release the tapes in some form.

Ya'll don't want to know how much I dropped for an OG copy of Vol. 1 on cassette. Now I'm trying to find a copy of Vol. 2.