Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Li - Unleashed

John W. Henry

Default Jet Li - Unleashed

This has to be one of my fav films of all time.... and i havent even seen all of it yet.

OMG, im not gonn ruin it for anyone who aint seen it yet in England cus its jus come out... so WATCH IT.

Anyone seen it?

Tian Xia

Default Re: Jet Li - Unleashed

have to be honest here i thought is was ok i think the original name for the project was danny the dog. it's not jet's best films but some of the scene's are nice

7.5/10 for me

John W. Henry

yeh i seen it said Danny The Dog when it started..

but i thought it was his name... that span me out... but i dloaded it sdo i didnt think it'd perfect, but i had it in good qual...

I said it before and I'll say it again...

This movie is the best thing yet from Jet Li, it is dark, gritty, funny at times, thrilling, and sad... It has the complete package! It's so refreshing to see a genre-defying flick like this. This is actually a big break through for English Speaking Martial Arts movies... I hope to see more flicks like this in the future! Jet displays a childlike innocence that makes you actually care what happens to him and you truly feel for his character. He gives a stellar emotional and physical performance as an actor, everything from his posture to his emotionally expressive, soulful eyes. He takes you on a journey from animalistic pit-bull-like ferocity to docile puppy-like innocence, curiosity, and vulnerability… You experience moments of sweet humor, drama, to nail biting-edge of your seat-brutal action sequences! Unleashed was off the chain!!!
    Last edited by TheMASSIVE; 02-06-2007 at 02:32 PM.

**SpOiLeRs!**
    Yeah, the original title of this movie is ‘Danny the Dog’… Not many differences between them, there are a small handful of scenes deleted from the middle of ‘Unleashed’ that are in ‘Danny the Dog’, one where Sam teaches Danny about fresh bread, another where Sam tells his story about his best friend dying and him marrying the widow of the best friend, then the widow died so he raised her child, etc... Mostly stuff that was already established, they were just trying to drill it in your head a little deeper. Most of em were extended scenes. But the worse thing they did to ‘Unleashed’ was make a minor change to the ending... The end of ‘Unleashed’ goes, he hears Victoria playing the song his mother used to play, he envisions her in his mind than the camera goes into the piano where a key strikes the screen and that’s the end... In ‘Danny the Dog’ after he envisions his mom in his head it cuts back to his face and he sheds a sad/happy tear and after it drops off his face it ends... You can see the newfound emotion in his face, he's sad because of what happened to his mom, but he's more happy that he finally has a family, he's understanding life, he’s happy to be feeling all these emotions like a human, but mostly he's happy because he finally remembers his mom and it gives him some much needed closure. The 'Unleashed' ending kinda blows in comparison, the ‘Danny the Dog’ ending was so much better, I can't even stress it enough... But even though I enjoyed MASSIVE Attack's scoring of the movie, the music for the closing credits for ‘Danny the Dog’ blew major cock, it didn’t give you any real emotion, at least ‘Unleashed’ did a good job with that small small detail. I don’t care much about the little scenes here n there, I can see why they cut em, but taking out his crying scene was just plain retarded, it made no sense! In a Drama it’s good for characters to cry, it allows the audience to empathize with the character.
    Last edited by TheMASSIVE; 02-06-2007 at 02:30 PM.

John W. Henry

^yeh, is there anything in unleashed that isnt in danny the dog... cus i seen a poster for this movie with somethin on i didnt see in danny the dog.. a little siren thing he wore on his wrist.. not the light where he first met morgan freeman..

and what do you mean unleashed ended with him listening to his mums music played by victoria... that happened in danny the dog too art her piano recital.

Good view on it thou, i feel the same way... you do really start to care for him.

peace.

I loved unleashed, it has a very minimal story and plot, but what is there is very entertaining and I do feel that it is the best work Jet Li has done outside of China and it allows him to show his range both emotionaly and physicaly. The fight scenes are done incredibly well, Yuen Wo Ping choreographed them and it's probably some of his best work since Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, although his work on the Kill Bill movies and Kung Fu Hustle was impressive too, but Jet Li and him have a very great compatability with the fighting.
    He on the battlefield with lyrical militance
    and know he's feelin bent when he see little pink elephants
    never forget, memorize the elements
    keep the mic sterilized, terrorize with eloquence
    -Vik Vaughn

The nympho of info, I'm fuckin what ya heard
    -Common

Quote Originally Posted by Wutage
    ^yeh, is there anything in unleashed that isnt in danny the dog... cus i seen a poster for this movie with somethin on i didnt see in danny the dog.. a little siren thing he wore on his wrist.. not the light where he first met morgan freeman..
    Quote Originally Posted by Wutage

and what do you mean unleashed ended with him listening to his mums music played by victoria... that happened in danny the dog too art her piano recital.

Good view on it thou, i feel the same way... you do really start to care for him.

peace.

I've seen both versions and I don't remember any siren thing on his wrist. As far as the difference in the endings, I think you should read my last post again carefully, maybe you misunderstood something.

i wanna see this

I forgot my glasses when i saw it in the theatre, and we had to sit kinda close, so the fast camera work made me dizzy. The piano story was cool, and when they showed inside the piano. The fight seen in the bathroom scene was well done. I give it a 7.0/10, but that is probably because I forgot my glasses

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

Quote Originally Posted by tajeco
    I forgot my glasses when i saw it in the theatre, and we had to sit kinda close, so the fast camera work made me dizzy.
    haha

i wanna see this too.

BIG L Rest In Peace

It's supposed to come out on DVD in October.
    He on the battlefield with lyrical militance
    and know he's feelin bent when he see little pink elephants
    never forget, memorize the elements
    keep the mic sterilized, terrorize with eloquence
    -Vik Vaughn

The nympho of info, I'm fuckin what ya heard
    -Common

Word, on the 11th.

This film is crazy Bob Hoskins was in it!

cant wait...also cant wait for ong bak