• Mediocre

0 0%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Wack

0 0%

Thread: Phife Dawg - Ventilation : Da LP

Default Phife Dawg - Ventilation : Da LP

Phifers first and only album as released one year after Tribe Co-Rhymer Tips 'Amplified' joint and received generally mediocre reviews. I think the shit was judged harshly, I just picked it up last week and was pleasantly surprised, hot production, typical Malik battle rhymes. Its a fun album

"Intro" – 1:27
    "Flawless" – 3:20
    "Alphabet Soup" – 4:06
    "Miscellaneous" – 3:23
    "D.R.U.G.S." (featuring DJ Hi-Tek) – 4:45
    "Tha Club Hoppa" – 4:12
    "Lemme Find Out" (featuring Pete Rock) – 4:37
    "Bend Ova" – 5:32
    "Beats, Rhymes and Phife' (featuring Supa Dav West) – 3:27
    "Ventilation" – 4:36
    "4 Horseman" (192 N' It) (featuring 192 n'it) – 4:21
    "Melody Adonis" – 4:29
    "Outro" :38....

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Yeah I Got This At Fye A While Back For Like A Few Bucks And Its Pretty Dope I Think Q-tip And Phife Got Hit Too Harsh By Fans And Crittics But Maybe Due To It Ebing Too Close Too The Tribe Break-up

i bought this for 3 dollars in a no where town in upstate new york. wierdest shit. havent listened to it yet though. i dont even think i unrapped it. lol

-

It's about time somebody posted about this album. I bought it when it first came out. I liked it. There were a few songs that sucked because of the beats but Phife's rhymes were tight on every song. I wish he would've did some more solo albums. He was supposed to do another album called Songs In The Key Of Phife which was supposed to come out 5 years ago. He complained a lot about record companies on Flawless song and he even mentioned his former label Jive on the song. He also dissed QTip on Flawless even though he didn't say his name but i could tell he was talking about him. He had a video for Flawless. It was funny.

this was a dope album that i admit i've been sleeping on until now, Phife goes in raw on this LP; i would say his rhymes are nastier and more hardcore than his usual ATCQ shit. it's dope to see how much Phife progressed from his earliest recordings to this album and the later Tribe joints, he's actually real nice with it and says some funny shit. production is tight as fuck for the most part, Hi-Tek, Pete Rock and Dilla are the guys that gets more than 1 song each; my biggest complaint is how the fuck they didn't include the amazing Jay Dee produced B-side "Thought U Wuz Nice??" on here.

i would give this album around 3.5/5, it's a notch below "Amplified".
    Last edited by claaa7; 03-24-2010 at 06:47 PM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

Flawless song is so funny hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. RIP Phife and I miss you. He's one of my favorite rappers. Love A Tribe Called Quest's The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders, Beats Rhymes And Life and The Love Movement albums.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.